“Thanks Destiny Tours and Sergio!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Let us at Destiny Tours help guide you through the amazing Mayan world. Let our professional and certified guides help you walk in the foot of the Maya and learn their culture, religion and much more. Our aim is to give our guests the best and most comfortable experience in Belize.
California
8 attraction reviews
“Thanks Destiny Tours and Sergio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had a great time using Destiny Tours. Sergio, the manager, is extremely personable and friendly. He set us up on some fantastic tours and then introduced us to other travelers, making our experience that more memorable. By the end of our stay in San Ignacio, Flayvas (the tour's head quarters) felt like home. I'd highly recommend using this tour company for any Belizean adventure.

Riverdale, Utah
3 attraction reviews
“Sergio is Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stumbled upon Sergio with Destiny Tours looking for Eva's, a highly rated tour guide company that no longer exists and one of which involved Sergio. He picked us up at our hotel personally and set us up with a guide that matched our personalities...and his guides know their stuff. We were only in San Ignacio for 3 days and went with Sergio all 3 days...something we won't forget or regret. As we toured the different locations, we noticed the other guides weren't as detailed in their tours. Sergio's guides gave us all we could handle when it came to details on each of the sites we visited (Danilo is a must have guide if venturing into Guatemala to visit Tikal). When not on a tour, Sergio welcomed us into the accompanying restaurant and treated us as if we were great friends or family. He will be a first stop in future trips to Belize and a recommendation to all I come across. Sergio will be someone I consider a lifelong friend. Thanks, Sergio!

Riverdale, Utah
“Best Decision We Made!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Sergio, the face of Destiny Tours, is someone we consider a friend for life. My husband and I went on our honeymoon to Belize and he befriended us and showed us warmth as if we were members of his family. We booked 3 tours in a row with him because we felt so welcome. His prices are excellent in comparison to the market in Belize and we felt safe and taken care of. He even paired us with a guide that fit our personalities when we visited Tikal. I highly recommend Destiny Tours... you're in good hands! We miss you, Sergio :)

Portland, Oregon
“awesome service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We walked from the San Ignacio Hotel and met Sergio at Flayva's. The bartender called him, he was there within minutes. We asked about a canoe trip, he said he didn't normally handle those, but he helped us anyway. We were not dressed for canoeing just then, so Sergio took us to our hotel to change, then took us to the river to meet our guide. He had arranged for a guy named Henry to take us up the Macal. Henry was a truly great guy and highly knowledgeable about the plants, animals, and history of the area. We spent 4 hours on the trip, the rate was great, and the memories even better. When we returned, Sergio was there to take us back to our hotel. Awesome experience! We recommend working with Sergio anytime, and be sure to ask for Henry if you canoe!

~M&M~
Portland, OR

Visited May 2013
Wenatchee, Washington, United States
“Sergio is always our first stop in Belize”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This May 2013 my wife and I took our third trip to Belize. We backpack and travel cheap. Our trips always start by getting off the plane, taxi to the bus station, bus to San Ignacio, then go to Flayva's and talk to Sergio!
We have taken every trip Destiny tours offers and would recommend them all, AMT is the neatest place I have been to in the World! -- but the best reason to visit Sergio is for the other info he offers for free.
Sergio will take the time to listen to what we want to do and our budget then he will recommend a hotel, tell us what trips we can do by ourselves and which ones are best with a guide. He knows the bus schedules and when it is better to take a taxi. He will even introduce us to other tourists who are going to the same places.
This trip Sergio and went over my entire plan for 30 days in Belize. He spent an hour adjusting my schedule, calling ahead to other guides to see if my plans would work and giving me advice on how to make the most of our trip. On our way out of town even walked us to the bus station to make sure we got on the right bus!
Destiny Tours will always be my first stop in Belize!!

Visited May 2013