“Outstanding personalized service!” 5 of 5 stars

+501 620-5616
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Let us at Destiny Tours help guide you through the amazing Mayan world. Let our professional and certified guides help you walk in the foot of the Maya and learn their culture, religion and much more. Our aim is to give our guests the best and most comfortable experience in Belize.
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outstanding personalized service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I recently used Destiny Tours located inside of Flayva's Bar and Grill for several large group tours, ATM, Caracol and Tikal. Each experience was brilliant from start to finish. Manager Sergio selected the best guides known for each adventure- each was knowledgable and extemely professional. He gave us great information ahead of the trips so we were properly prepared for each (and I noticed he had back up of water and other items for our comfort if needed). For Caracol, Sergio performed the tour himself saying it was his favorite place to show off- it really shows as his pride and knowledge of Caracol were very high. The lunches from Flayvas were very tasty.

The thing I liked best about Destiny Tours was the obvious dedication to the hospitality that both Sergio and owner Mark displayed. Sergio has such enthusiam about service, he checked in with me regularly about our satisfaction and had a twinkle in his eye when he pleased us. He went the extra mile at every turn to make our experience unforgettable, and even though there were a lot of us, he took the time to get to know each person and make a connection. . Service was always prompt and professional.

The prices were very reasonable, and as a thank you for repeat bookings, Sergio took us on a free tour to a stunning local waterfall on his day off- in reading these reviews I see that is not an uncommon occurance! For Sergio, it seemed like he really enjoyed another opportunity to show off his country, in which he takes much pride.

The only bummer was when a family of three went on the flawless trip to Caracol with us and then refused to pay the balance owed. With the price of gas, vehicle maintenance, food and entrance fees, it is obviously a small margin for operators, so that probably ruined any hope of profit for Destiny tours that day, and it embarrassed me as a fellow tourist.

If you want to have a personalized experience with a small boutique tour company, at regular prices, go with Destiny Tours!

Visited December 2012

Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best tour company in town for all things Belize!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Sergio and his crew of knowledgeable and talented tour guides will make your travels in the ancient Mayan world very special! They are located in the back of Flayva's restaurant on burns Street - awesome place to hang out and have a meal before or after the tours. Definitely book with Sergio and Destiny tours as a first choice. Don't be tempted to go anywhere else.
We did Caracol, Tikal and the ATM cave tour with them - great trips and awesome guides.

Visited December 2012
“The friendliest and most well informed guides you'll meet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Took the ATM tour today with these guys. It was a bit more than I expected to pay, but it was worth every penny. Both guides were incredibly well informed, and genuinely loved their jobs. Never felt anything but safe (apart from when Ian kept jumping out at me, all in good fun of course- I jump easily).

Any 10 minute section of this tour makes it worth it in my opinion. And the food was good too!

toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“BEST TOUR EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

While eating at Flayva's I encountered the owner of Destiny Tours. Sergio. This fellow truly loves what he does and it shows. I booked 3 organized tours with him including the ATM cave. This particular tour is only $85 US but is worth at least $300 because of the unique nature of it. I also booked Caracol with him. I wanted to see a Mayan ruin that is way off the beaten track called El Pilar. There is no organized tours going up that way but he said that he would take me there on his day off. I could not believe it!! Sergio is immensely proud of his country's attractions and is one of the most friendly people I have ever met. His knowledge of Mayan culture is profound and I wholly recommend that you book your tours with him. I was not disappointed and having travelled throughout Central America my expectations are high and Sergio definitely delivered.

Visited November 2012
philadelphia, pa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unique Cave Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My daughter is studying abroad for a semester in Belize. She and the other group of students have gotten to know Sergio on a personal basis as he has provided a variety of tours for them. Flayva's, where you will find him, is a hotspot internet and eatery for locals and travelers. They are all super friendly and helpful there. I only had one day to see San Ignacio and Sergio was able to provide a memorable half-day tour to Barton Creek. Along the way, we journeyed through orange groves and Mennonite hillsides, as he provided interesting detail about wildlife, villages all while sampling fruits and plants in getting to our destination. Once there, four of us had a personal guided canoe tour though a majestic Mayan cave with cathedral-like stalactites stalagmites-very peaceful and somber. Its an adventure without getting wet or even dirty. Not to be missed and for a reasonable price!

Visited October 2012