“Great experience, period.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Maximum Adventure Tours takes trips to Belize's best and most exciting spots. Caves, Ruins and Rivers we do it all.
“Great experience, period.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Douglas took my friend and I to do some cave tubing and it was a blast. He asked if we could make a few stops on the way back, which of course was fine with us, and we were treated to some sugar cane at a local villager's house, got to see a chicken being chased down, fed some baby chicks, and had fresh coconuts off a tree.

Max also helped us get from San Ignacio to Flores, Guatemala for a VERY reasonable price. He saw us to the border and helped us through the whole process. Without paying extra, we got into a taxi (driver was great, and helped us learn a little español) that took us right to our hotel.

We saw Max a few days later in Caye Caulker and he invited us to hang out with the fam. Great guys.

Thanks Max and Douglas!

-Caitlin and Jenny

Portland, Oregon
14 attraction reviews
“Great Tour Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Max and Douglas were great. There prices were more than competative with the other tours and the service was much more personalized and with a smaller group than others on the main street. We went o tour tours with them and both guides were very knowledgable and fun. Would highly recommend them - they really go out of their way to assure that the tour is enjoyable which is not always true with some of the other tour companies.

Visited December 2012
San Diego, California
“Maximum enjoyment with Maximum Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

What can I say...Max is well named. Max is the proprietor of Maximum Tours and he personally assisted myself and my two daughters arrange transportation for our whirlwind tour of Tikal and nearby Flores. He picked us up at our hotel, assisted us in entering Guatemala. Helped to change currency. Arranged for transportation to Flores, Tikal and back the next day. I am very experienced at international travel and reluctant to book through professional tour operators. I am glad I did. Max cut through the learning curve and expedited our plans. I would utilize Maximum Tours for my future trips to Belize. Thanks Max and John.

Visited November 2012
San Francisco, California
18 attraction reviews
“Max made our last days in Belize a positive lasting memory.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I found Max on TripAdvisor and we are happy that we chose his tour company.

On our first day in San Ignacio, we stopped in to introduce ourselves as the couple that was emailing back and forth with him for the previous couple of days. Our trip wasn't for another two days or so, but Max was welcoming and that evening when we were eating dinner next door, he even introduced us to his family.

Fast forward a few days to our trip to Tikal. We met up with Max and piled in the van that would take us to the Guatemala border. From there, we went through customs and took another van the rest of the way. Max took us to a very authentic Guatemalan rest stop that actually looked like the owner's home.

The trip itself was great; sleeping in a hotel in the jungle, waking up at 4am to get to the temples in time for sunrise.

I believe that our tour lasted about 30 hours and he kept us out of trouble every step of the way. Max seems to be friends with almost everyone from San Ignacio to Tikal. This was comforting because I felt like if anything had gone wrong, he would have been able to get us help.

Also, I forgot my credit card with him after I paid. When he realized it, he took it over to our hotel, but by that time, we were already on the way to Cancun. There were no suspicious charges from that time until I reported the lost card a week later. Max is trustworthy and took great care of us. There were no hidden fees during the tour. I believe that we only had to cover the border fees into Guatemala, something that we were told well in advance.

Visited September 2012
Lindsay, Canada
“Amazing max. Thats what he is.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Not having much time for tours. Max put together a short mayan tour for us. It was great. Hot.. Adventurous.. Informative..,interesting. Max and his co worker john was awesome. We felt very comfortable going to the unknown. John helped me through the highest maya ruins. I still have wobbled knees when i reflect on that day. We cant wait to go back. i cant do the water cave tour im terrified of water and rob cant swim. Cant do mountain climb tour with robs back from a car accident. But we will walk another maya tour. And do the guatamala tour. For a day. Thank you max your a sweety. You have a beautifull family. Your hospitalty is much appreciated. Your enthusiasm is out of this world. Congratulations to you because this is why you are sucessful. See you soon .