“Luv It! :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nefry's Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Ignacio
Nefry's Retreat
You added Nefry's Retreat to your Saves list
#2 Paslow Lane, San Ignacio, Belize   |
Ranked #17 of 28 San Ignacio B&B and Inns
Belize City, Belize
“Luv It! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at Nefry's Retreat for two nights and I must say the place was exceptional. When I arrived I was greeted by the manager with such a warm welcome. The room was very clean and spacious and I loved that it felt like my own home. The family are very nice people and within the 2 nights I was there I felt like they were my family too. The location is great as well; it's just a 3 mins walk from downtown which made my stay even more accessible. To add even more good news, the family has a tour company that can take you to the most fascinating places in Belize. My trip to San Ignacio was long overdued but my stay at Nefry's made everything worth the while.

So my advise to other travellers planning on visiting our beautiful country Belize, stay at Nefry's Retreat and I can guarantee a good time for a good price :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Belize City, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stay at nefrys was very much worth it. I loved the environment and the homey feeling it has. I love the fact that its attached to the owners house that to me showed concerned and felt very homey. The price was very much worth it for the rooms, I love how natural the place was..they have stones with paintings of fairies and butterflies on them that adds a very unique touch to the atmosphere. I enjoyed my stay at nefrys and will recommend them to any traveller or student on a budget!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Nefrys was a good choice for our trip - room 2 was clean and spacious, but dated furniture and A/C wasn't very good. Better than nothing though, and having such a big bottle of water was really helpful - more places should do this!! The courtyard was lovely, the location very quiet and the prices were reasonable. I'd like to see the cats and kittens looked after more, and the water feature etc finished.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I loved Nefry's! Nefry and her whole family treated me like family. They made my buddy and i feel super welcome in San Ignacio. I saw quite a few rooms in the san ignacio area. Nefrys had the best rooms with AC, water, wi fi, and cats!!!! Super affordable too!
Thank you Nefry!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

There are no words that could really describe how nice it was to stay at Nefry's Retreat. Jimmy, his wife and his son Aaron treated us like family from the very moment we met them. Their hotel was clean, had all of the amenities we needed and we couldn't get a better price for the amazing service we received. We arrived very late at night from an ATM tour with Aaron and our room was available and in perfect condition. The room was very big, the beds were cozy, the bathroom was clean and the shower was huge! They provide a water cooler with fresh water, towels, soap (the soap smelled so good!!) and free wifi. I wish we could have stayed there another couple of nights because the time we spent there was remarkable. Thank you Jimmy for treating us like your daughter's. It truly felt like my home away from home. We wish you the absolute best life has to offer and look forward to visiting Belize again. We would definitely stay at Nefry's Retreat again and again!!

hugs,
~Yomaris, your friend from NYC~

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

we arrived to San Ignacio around 9PM from an all day bus ride from Playa Del Carmen. When my boyfriend and I got there we just wanted a hotel room with a shower and sleep for the night and was planning to stay at one of the out of town cottages style accomodation. We went to Maya Walk offcice and was greeted by the owner Jimmy. he showed us pictures of Nefry's retreat and the price was right so we took it and we just needed it for the night. Stanley who works for Jimmy helped me with my back pack and drove us to Nefry's and waited for us so he can drive us back to the main town to eat dinner.
The only room available when we arrive was the family room, so we took it... the next day we had decided to stay because the room was airconditioned, the bathroom was big and shower is working fine. What i like the most is the rooms were clean, i didn't see any ants or other insect, beside the mosqitoes outdoor, but non indoors as the rooms had screen to keep bugs out.
We end up staying for 4 nights and I can't thank enough Ninfa and her family for welcoming us and for treating us just like family. Everyday when we come back to our hotel from excursion we find new towels with soaps, bathroom cleaned and bed made...
Nefry's services exceeded our expectations for the price that we paid... Thanks to Ninfa for lending me knife to cut the fruits i buy at the daily market. and thank you for teaching me to cut pineapple properly.

What highlights the trip was our experience in San Ignacio and stay at Nefry's ... When we left we felt sad and we knew we will come back someday...A lot of people had touch our hearts, San Ignacio community was just so warm to us tourist that we are thinking to go back soon.
Many thanks to Jimmy, Stanley and to Ninfa and to all the people we've met for that short 4 days in San Ignacio...

Room Tip: we didn't book anything as it was low season and we weren't sure how long we wanted to stay.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Nefry's is great for a few reasons. 1. Price - cant beat it for a clean, air conditioned hotel room in San Ignacio that has free wifi (which works best on the great patio). 2. Location - its close to 'downtown area', but far enough removed to be very very quiet. 3. Ninfa - she runs the place, and although she is very quiet, she is a fantastic hostess that will make sure you are well taken care of.
San Ignacio has a lot of small hotels, but if you are lucky enough to get one of the 4 rooms here, you will be happy! I recommend to book via email - like I said, only 4 rooms. They are working on making this a green hotel with rainwater collections and other things. The family is great and makes you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Email her!! All 4 rooms are great!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Nefry's Retreat? Share your experiences!