“Not worth it” 2 of 5 stars

22 Burns Avenue, San Ignacio 81061, Belize
501-804-2267
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Caribbean, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Good spot for drinks and people watching. Bad for everything else. Traditional tourist fare - overpriced and the same as everything else on Burns avenue. Try Martha's Kitchen or Elvi's kitchen instead...this place really has nothing to offer...

Visited April 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Good location, good food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We ate both breakfast and dinner here and the food was good. The service, however, was extremely slow both times we ate there. We had a tour to go to and decided to grab breakfast before hand, it took over an hour and we had to take our meals on the van. Not ideal. For dinner this was fine as we were enjoying people watching, but the service was even slower as it was busier. It's in a great location and there is live music at night.

Visited May 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Not the best breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My stuffed fry jack was rather doughy. My wife had the standard Belizean breakfast, which was just that: standard.

The atmosphere was cheery, staff was ok, we were pitched for a tour while we waited. We probably wouldn't go back.

Visited July 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Ok lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Upon first arriving in San Ignacio we stubbled upon Flayva's Bar and Grill and decided to stop and have lunch here.

We ordered some burritos and beers. The beer was cold and food was fine but nothing very special.

The service was courteous.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“A great place to hangout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

During a recent trip to Belize, I ended up spending a fair amount of time at Flayva's because of the good music, free internet, and interesting array of characters - both locals and tourists - that flowed through and around the restaurant. In addition to soaking in the the great vibe, I loved getting coffee and having a breakfast burrito or the Belizean breakfast in the mornings while I read the local paper. In the evenings I enjoyed hanging out taking care of online business and having a drink or two during happy hour. The first time I had dinner at Flayva's, I had escabeche. It was so good I had a difficult time making myself have anything else. I did have a fish meal once, though, that was also delicious.

As a woman traveling alone, I felt really comfortable at Flayva's. I was sometimes approached by random people, but I never felt harassed by them - only welcomed. When I return to Belize someday, Flayva's will be one of the first places I go back to - for the food, yes, but more for the general good cheer.

• Visited March 2014