“Would have happily eaten there every night” 5 of 5 stars

+501 824 2302
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 58 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Sri Lankan
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Doing business, Large groups
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Right next to the mall and by Polly? Pizza restaurant. I am Indian and not a huge fan of Indian food -- but randomly this was the BEST SOUTH INDIAN food I have ever eaten!!
London, United Kingdom
“Would have happily eaten there every night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Really good curry. Remember in Belize meat comes on the bone including in your curry, but you can ask for the chicken breast. We both had chicken curry, rice, salad and bombay potatoes for BZE$12 each which is about £4.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boulder, Colorado
“Not what I was expecting and not worth the money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

After reading some of the reviews and hearing the recommendation from the owners of our hotel, I had high hopes for Serendib. Unfortunately, I was let down in every aspect of the experience except the happy hour lime & rum drink (although not at all unique to this restaurant). My #1 complaint is the menu. There were very few choices and even fewer Indian or Sri Lankan items. There wasn't any of the items usually found on an Indian menu like masala, tandori, or vindaloo. Instead there were very mundane things like steak and rice and beans. I did order a curry, but it came as a small side with an otherwise completely american dinner. Also, the one authentic sounding appetizer was not available. I think we spent about $60 US for 2 people, and we shared an entree. Overall: too expensive, no authentic food choices, and mediocre service, at best.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Ignacio
“I like serendib for a few different...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I like serendib for a few different reasons, the first being the great service. I have always had terrific service at this place. Secondly, the atmosphere makes you feel at home and not quite like you are in the middle of a bustling town. The food is good and flavorful

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
san Ignacio
“Such a let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I'd spent years hearing people talk about how amazing Serendib is. Because I'd also spent years hearing people talk about how expensive it was, it took a special occasion to get me there.

We went for a friends going away party and I was absolutely shocked, after years of hearing about how they catered so strongly towards vegetarians, that their menu was so lacking variety of any sort. There was one (one!) vegetarian option (because no, I didn't go to a Sri Lanken restaurant for chinese food) and because my dining companion is also a vegetarian, we both ordered the same thing along with a few appetizers to mix it up a bit. I was horribly underwhelmed by the food. Possibly the greatest instance of regretting my decision to eat somewhere.

I'll give it that the dining area was cute and the beer was cheaper than most places -- but I wouldn't go back. And I would never recommend it to someone else.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Serendib was our first dining experience in San Ignacio and it did not disappoint. The portions are large and the food was tasty. I had beef curry and my husband had shrimp curry. Both were quite tasty and had the perfect amount of heat.

The outdoor patio out back is a nice place to relax and the staff was courteous and attentive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere