“Excellent food in large amounts” 5 of 5 stars

+501 824-3014
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Excellent food in large amounts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We ate here today and yesterday. We had lamb korma and also an order of rice and beans with chicken. Yesterday we split an order of shrimp quesadilla. All three meals were very good. They have chicken korma on the menu, but they substituted lamb on our request. The korma was excellent. It had a distinct lime flavoring in addition to the normal Indian spices. For moderate appetites, you may consider splitting a meal since the quantities are generous.

British Columbia
“tasty with large servings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We just ate at this cute little restaurant and will surely be returning. The friendly, helpful waitress warned us the chicken quesadilla portion was large, but my husband is a big guy & ordered the full portion. He wished he had listened and ordered the 1/2 size, it was 2 whole tortillas instead of the usual 1 folded in half for the same price at other places. I had the thai chicken and it was delicious as well as a large sized portion and also good value at $20 belize, it also came with a choice of salad or steamed vegetables and rice or potato. They also sold banana bread and coconut square for only $2 belize each which we bought for breakfast :) service was also quick.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Millburn, New Jersey
“Great Belizean Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Ko-Ox Han nah was recommended as a place for delicious Belizean food and it lived up to that recommendation. Try anything with rice and beans, the chicken soup and the quesadilla, which is unlike any quesadilla you can get in the US.

Visited December 2013
Denver, Colorado
“A Very Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

While we were staying outside of town (Chaa Creek), we decided to venture in a few times just to try out some local town fare. Again, we used TA to narrow our search and after scouting around, we decided to try out Ko-Ox Han nah.

We arrived at an off time - too late for lunch and a tad early for dinner. So, we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The exterior often shown in pictures looks a little dark and suspect, but we found the interior to be extremely warm and inviting (as well spotlessly clean). There are ten or so polished wooden tables inside and a few "bar-like" spots on the outside. The walls are covered with local artists' work which makes for some good visual diversions (we actually purchased two small prints). We sat at a table and studied the menu.

All of us ordered a mixed drink to start. Now, we are usually a bit careful about eating ice or drinking tap water when appropriate (my wife is a micro biologist). And, we are always properly inoculated and on a steady diet of probiotics (again, the micro biologist). So, I just wanted to set the stage. But, my wife was not concerned and we never suffered any ill effects from the drinks or the meal for that matter. That's our anecdotal data point - take that for what its worth. Oh yeah, the drinks were both delicious and in one case alarmingly large.

My wife and I ordered some curries while my daughter (age 21) ordered a shrimp dish. While both my wife and I enjoyed the curry (decent spice level, but nothing over the top), I was surprised to see my daughter eat a healthy portion of her shrimp dish. She's a picky eater (and virtually a vegetarian). So, this was quite a surprise - and a healthy endorsement of the food here.

In addition, we found the staff to be friendly, efficient, and professional, but we were here at an off time. Your mileage may vary. All in all, we very much enjoyed our meal at Ko-Ox Han nah. Pricing seemed quite good, the atmosphere was pleasant, and the food was very good to excellent. I'd suggest you check it out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Meal in Belize”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I had a shrimp dish here and it was spicy and delicious. My favorite meal on my trip to belize by far was here. The salad was also amazing!

Visited January 2014