“Wonderful Stay at Mahogany Hall!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mahogany Hall Boutique Resort

You added Mahogany Hall Boutique Resort to your Saves list
Mahogany Hall Boutique Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paslowfalls Road, Bullet Tree Falls Village | Bullet Tree Falls Village, San Ignacio 501, Belize   |
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in San Ignacio
Arden Hills
“Wonderful Stay at Mahogany Hall!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at Mahogany Hall and had a wonderful time. The property is absolutley beautiful. We stayed in the Toucan Suite and it was amazing. The room was large, had wonderful views, a large Jacuzzi tub overlooking the river, and beautiful hardwood floors. We felt like we were staying at a private Mansion on the banks of the Mopan River. The staff is extremely attentive and accomodating. The location is ideal and is just a short drive into San Ignacio. If you are looking for luxury accomodations and superb customer service stay here, you will not be disappointed

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hopkins, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We wanted a one night break and was glad we went to Mahogany Hall as the room was spacious and the wood work is just a big WOW. We sat at the river and listening to the water and birds... that was so relaxing with a drink in the hand. The service was excellent and although it felt remote it was a few miles from town.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
north
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

A very unique hotel just outside of San Ignacio situated off the Mopan River. Lovely rooms overlooking the pool and river. Food was excellent, however, the wait was especially long at breakfast. The bed mattress seemed to dip towards the middle....All staff friendly and a delight. Pricey for the value, yet it is the best hotel near San Ignacio.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Jeffersonville, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I love Belize and I spend at least 5-6 mos. a year here. It never gets old, particularly when one is able to find a high quality and high/great value boutique hotel as is Mahogany Hall. As of late,I have returned to Mahogany Hall to "get away from it all" and frankly, to be pampered and to retreat.

The service is impeccable! The staff are very aware of the individual needs of each guest and are very attentive without being obtrusive or intrusive. It is almost like things appear magically or a staff member is at hand to assist with any request one might have. I was and remain very impressed with their demeanor, attentiveness and attend to details. The staff and management are enjoyable people who help to make a stay effortless and easy!

I have stayed in both the suites and rooms and each is unique. The furnishings are classically stylish, attractive, and comfortable. The Cloud Nine Mattresses are a treat and are as inviting as my Tempurpedic Bed at my homes. All of the linens are wonderfully fresh and clean. Plenty of hot water, extra towel or pillow? No problem. Extremely clean and well appointed, the rooms invite you to enjoy the stay in them as well as the views from them. They are conveniently designed for comfort and views and each has a very nice HDTV available.

Mahogany Hall is located in the Cayo District of Belize in Bullet Tree Falls Village, close enough to San Ignacio for a quick trip in and far enough out to enjoy the natural beauty of the birds, plants, night sky and Mopan River, which runs along the back of the hotel. The sound of the water is very soothing and invites one to sit and simply enjoy the view anytime. If one wants to book a trip to any of the very rich plethora of activities and sites nearby, the choice of trips is varied and they are well managed. One of the best times I have ever had was simply taking a ride on the Mopan River in an inner tube and soaking up the sun and every view one could imagine. What a riot! It is a joy to return to Mahogany Hall knowing that an excellent meal and your "home" are awaiting you. If there is anything you desire, the staff are more than willing to extend themselves to make your requests quickly possible.

The food and drinks are well prepared and the presentation is very artistic. As a self-proclaimed and other described "Foodie". I may emphatically state that I have enjoyed the choice of flavorful and balanced meals that are almost too beautiful to eat. The wines are a fair selection and may be paired with your meal as desired. The desserts, well, just ALWAYS save room for dessert! The variety of teas and GREAT coffee are a joy and available throughout the day. The pineapple chutney at the main course and Coconut Shrimp as an aperitif that I had with one meal were simply the very best I have ever eaten. Again, the service was impeccable without being intrusive. Meals are not rushed and from breakfast to snacks to beverages are all of very high quality and are an excellent value too.

Of course, what I like the best is that MY DAY IS MY DAY. I may have it planned or simply lounge in my room or on the veranda,pool, deck or riverside. Again, the furnishings are comfortable, clean and inviting. The fireplace is a welcome addition and amenity on a chilly evening. The decor never gets old nor do the views. I keep going back because for me, the uniqueness of this Boutique Hotel is consistent, and is a true value for a solo or other travelers. I'd recommend Mahogany Hall to anyone for a stay, an event or to enjoy a great meal. I wish this Hotel were available when I was looking at my own honeymoon! I know that when I have had friends and/or family in Belize, our collective trip has been enhanced by the entire experience that is uniquely available at Mahogany Hall.

I have nothing to offer by the way of complaint. I know I will return again to have a great time that is wonderful as a stand alone stay or return with the underpinnings of quality and value in place. I hope that anyone staying there will enjoy it as much as I/we have. Thank you Mahogany Hall for what you not only offer, but what you truly deliver!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

We decided to stay at Mahogany Hall again when we had friends in town. Again, we were tickled to find Chris was the Chef during our stay, as we have been blessed to have his food before. I enjoy staying here becasue of the accomodations are high end and yet very afforadable. Being located off the paslow falls road, it is close for us to travel all around and yet, private to come home to and truly get away from the noise of town.
I noticed the birds have a new home around the tress and with the sound of them and the water in the river flowing by, I slept like a baby. Thank you for that Mahogany Hall !
So, with that said, i as a traveler all over Belize and getting to stay in differnt locations, can whole heartedly recommend a stay here if you are looking for magnificant comfort, cuisine, company and location.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

From the food to the service our stay at Mahogany Hall was wonderful. The room was spacious with wonderful balcony's to see the river and beautiful grounds and pool below.
The staff was so attentive, they met our needs before we realized what they were.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

It was our first time to Belize and we were a little nervous of exactly what we were letting our selves in for. But looking back we had no reason to be nervous at all, Mahogany Hall was everything we wanted and more!
The most notable thing apart from the amazing room, the wonderful food and the breathtaking views next to the river was the hospitality. We are a gay couple and Belize has a reputation of being anti same sex partnerships. But at Mahogany Hall it really did not matter one bit, we were treated like royalty.
We would definately return there. Unfortunately the same thing cannot be said for San Pedro which we visited later on our Vacation. It's dirty beaches were enough to make sure we would never go back.
Our advice would be to go to Mahogany Hall and take advantage of all of the incredible activities you can do in the jungle.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple