“Decent food, very decent prices!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night
London, UK
“Decent food, very decent prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Tucked away a block back from the main drag, Erva's is a little oasis of calm.
The food was good, but not spectacular, but the fresh juices were truly yummy. The foot-long burritos also really are huge!
I'd definitely recommend Erva's for a quieter, more authentic dinner than some other places in San Ignacio.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Aurora, Colorado
“A restaurant you will keep going back to, in order to try another dish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

Erva's is located on quieter side street in the heart of San Ignacio. There are some tables outside in a covered patio along the street, or it is a nice place to step out of the tropic sun and bustle of town, to take a moment to relax, breathe, and enjoy the home cooked food. They offer a variety of dishes ranging from the local Belizean favorites to pizza or fried rice. Wash it down with some fresh fruit juice or an alcoholic beverage. Everything is freshly made, which you can see from the open kitchen. If you return frequently, you will begin to feel right at home.

Seattle, Washington
“$5 beef fried rice, nom nom nom!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We heard few people talking about this place in town and though we ought to try it. So we went there for lunch today and uh we will be back! I ordered the beef fried rice and nom nom nom! There were more veggies and beef in the dish than rice and everything cooked to perfection with the right amount of crunchiness. Oh yeah big portion, I have enough leftovers for dinner! :-)

San Ignacio, Belize
“Best Belizean food I've had in Cayo in a while!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I took some visiting friends to Erva's yesterday because they wanted to try some local food, and some ceviche. We ordered some burritos, rice and beans with stewed chicken, and some shrimp ceviche. It was all fabulous, and after sharing and trying a little of everyone's food, we ordered a second shrimp ceviche. It was that good. I highly recommend the fish burrito, and the ceviche, well, I recommend getting that...twice.

The service was great too. The meal was delivered promptly, with a smile, and the needed sauces and habaneros. They had cold beers, and what looked to be a full bar too. We got there right before they closed, so we were the only ones there. Erva's is just a block or so from the heart of downtown Cayo, on Far West Street.

I will be taking my friends there whenever they want good, local food.

san Ignacio
“The only place we eat in San Ignacio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Erva's is an amazing little restaurant we recommend anytime someone asks us for a restaurant suggestion. The food is incredible, the staff is amazing, and I love sitting outside at night.

I love their breakfast -- $8bz for a cheese omelet, pancake of a hashbrown, and nice strong coffee = loveliness.

I wish there was a vegetarian meal on the menu though. There are plenty of vegetarian options -- but the actual meals come with a salad and twice baked potato. I looooooove their twice baked potatoes but its usually a pretty tough battle to get one without ordering meat. In the interest of potato loving vegetarians everywhere, I'm working on it ;)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere