We spent several nights at Mystic River with our children, 6 and 3 1/2 and loved every minute of it. The kids loved riding the horses on the property and canoeing on the river. Mystic River offers the highest level of comfort and quality that you can get in a resort that is truly in the rain forest (six miles from the nearest paved road).
But I will have to say that the most memorable part of our trip was when we left the kids behind (Tom and Nadege can find you a sitter) and went off on an adventure of our own. Swimming into a cave used for ancient Mayan ceremonies in clear, cold water immediately sharpened my senses.
After swimming and climbing through some tight squeezes, we found ourselves in a beautiful cave chamber filled with ancient artifacts and a few surprises that I can't reveal.
Back at the resort, our kids had been well entertained (and thoroughly worn out), so we enjoyed dinner and got them to bed early and enjoyed a glass of wine (maybe it was two glasses) on the deck of our cabin before making our way to bed and anxiously awaiting another adventure the next day.
We can't wait to get back. Tom and Nadege make this special location an extraordinary place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mystic River Resort offers the discerning traveler luxurious suites overlooking the Macal River, all featuring king size beds, private patios and fireplaces. The view from our restaurant will leave you breathless. Come join us for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our chef will treat you to some of the best food in Belize. Free WIFI at dining room and bar. Relax by our new “Lilly Pool” overlooking our beautiful grounds. Canoe, tube, visit ruins and caves… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Mystic River Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mystic River Hotel San Ignacio
- Mystic River Resort Belize/San Ignacio