“Perfect getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 28 San Ignacio B&B and Inns
tonkry
“Perfect getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

We were looking for a escape in the jungle and found paradise. The lodge is amazing. The rooms are spotless. The food is beyond excellent. It was the best food that I ate in Belize. Ron and Al's knowledge of the area was phenomenal. The flora and fauna was beyond anything I have ever seen. The property is just a short walk to the river. They have beautiful trails all through the property. It is worth the Belizian roads I drove to get there. The grounds are so lush you cannot stop taking pictures. Ron and Al helped me immensely by giving suggestions for sight seeing. We even all went to Guatemala to see the Tikal Ruins together and it was one of my best days there. I plan to return to the Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge to give my children the experience. I looked at many of the places online while traveling through Belize and noticed that the ads places were not true to the pictures they had posted. This is the real paradise that I was looking for. Personally, I would rather stay in the jungle than in a city like most the places offered. Many of them are crammed right next to each other. This lodge is not. I can't say enough about the experience I had there. It was as if Ron and Al were my personal tour guides. They took me right under their wing and showed me an experience unlike any I could have imagined. They knew all the right days and times to go to the ruins. They pointed me to the inland blue hole and Rio On Pools. I swam in Paradise! The Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge is your best bet in the San Ignacio Area. I wouldn't recommend any other place that I saw. Thank you Ron and Al for the experience and we will see you again!

• Liked — The Whole setting, Hosts, grounds, food, everything, no complaints.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)

Been to Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge

Address: On the Macal River in the jungle, San Ignacio, Belize
Location: Belize > Cayo > San Ignacio
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Suites
Ranked #2 of 28 B&Bs / Inns in San Ignacio
Family friendly, romantic honeymoon destination, naturalist paradise, ornithologist will especially love our beautiful Macal River frontage with access to many activities and adventures. Cabanas are private, secluded, spacious, clean, with screened windows,private deck or veranda, private baths, fans, and lights. Many activities available. Volleyball, croquet, river tubing, hiking, bird watching, etc. Tours are arranged complimentary. Close to ATM Caves, Caracol, Belize Botanical Gardens,zip line, horseback riding, San Ignacio town and market, Xunantunich, Greenhills Butterfly Ranch, Barton Creek Cave, Eljio Panti National Park, and much more... Tubes provided complimentary for guests. Canoeing available. WI-FI provided free of charge. Restaurant on premises, gift shop, bar. Five miles of well groomed nature trails,ancient trees, park like jungle setting, hammocks,lending library, ping pong table,telescope for use by our star gazing guests, camping also available. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo so you can book your Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Macaw Bank Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio

If you own or manage Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.