Within minutes of arriving at Macaw Bank, we felt welcome and at home. We only had two nights and one full day at the lodge and this was not enough. We occupied two cabanas and both were comfortable and had bathrooms with showers. They were clean and we enjoyed the screened, open windows that allow the breeze to circulate and the sounds of the jungle to come through. The grounds were beautiful and our daughters took advantage of late afternoon and morning swims in the nearby river. Ron and Al were perfect hosts. They prepared wonderful breakfasts and dinners for us, taking care to note any food allergies or special diets. Although shopping can be difficult in this area, you would never know because the food was fresh and very well prepared. We loved our meals and cocktails/ special beverages. Ron also helped us plan our activities for our one day in the jungle. Because we had a car (4 wheel drive is a must!), we could drive the 40 something miles to Caracol and explore the Mayan ruins there. At this site, you are allowed to climb up the pyramids and explore on your own. While we were there, only about 10 other people were touring the grounds - no crowds! On the way back, we stopped at Rio Frio Cave, Rio on Pools and Big Rock Falls. They were all beautiful spots right off the road from Caracol. We will definitely need to return to Macaw Bank so that we can do more exploring and of course, stay at the best ecolodge in the area! Thank you so much Ron, Al and staff! We appreciate all that you did for us!
- Also Known As:
- Macaw Bank Jungle Hotel
- Macaw Bank Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family friendly, romantic honeymoon destination, naturalist paradise, ornithologist will especially love our beautiful Macal River frontage with access to many activities and adventures. Cabanas are private, secluded, spacious, clean, with screened windows,private deck or veranda, private baths, fans, and lights. Many activities available. Volleyball, croquet, river tubing, hiking, bird watching, etc. Tours are arranged complimentary. Close to ATM Caves, Caracol, Belize Botanical Gardens,zip line, horseback riding, San Ignacio town and market, Xunantunich, Greenhills Butterfly Ranch, Barton Creek Cave, Eljio Panti National Park, and much more... Tubes provided complimentary for guests. Canoeing available. WI-FI provided free of charge. Restaurant on premises, gift shop, bar. Five miles of well groomed nature trails,ancient trees, park like jungle setting, hammocks,lending library, ping pong table,telescope for use by our star gazing guests, camping also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.