The Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge is a wonderful place from which to explore the ruins, jungles, and adventures in the Cayo / San Ignacio area of Belize, as well as relax and take in the natural beauty of the area. Ron and Al, along with their caring staff, are friendly and welcoming; they could not do enough to make the experience comfortable for us.
We stayed in a clean, cozy cabin with electricity, private bath, and fans that was about 30 steps away from the main lodge where we had all our meals. Cabin was close to the main lodge but still quiet and secluded. The food was great -- hearty, local, home-cooked, tasty; we chose to have every meal here because it was the most convenient and comfortable option.
Things to do: The river is a short hike away and the lodge provides tubes for a relaxing float back to the lodge. We visited ATM caves (with tour guide, as required), several nearby ruins, and other jungles in the area -- though we could have happily spent our days at the beautiful, rustic lodge and enjoyed the jungle and beautifully cultivated garden there.
We had a rental car, and I recommend that for this area -- we liked the independence this offered us, since public transport and taxis are difficult to arrange outside the main city.
I highly recommend this lodge for a mobile, independent traveler who wants a comfortable experience in a rustic environment. We truly had a wonderful experience and would go back in a heartbeat when we visit Belize in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family friendly, romantic honeymoon destination, naturalist paradise, ornithologist will especially love our beautiful Macal River frontage with access to many activities and adventures. Cabanas are private, secluded, spacious, clean, with screened windows,private deck or veranda, private baths, fans, and lights. Many activities available. Volleyball, croquet, river tubing, hiking, bird watching, etc. Tours are arranged complimentary. Close to ATM Caves, Caracol, Belize Botanical Gardens,zip line, horseback riding, San Ignacio town and market, Xunantunich, Greenhills Butterfly Ranch, Barton Creek Cave, Eljio Panti National Park, and much more... Tubes provided complimentary for guests. Canoeing available. WI-FI provided free of charge. Restaurant on premises, gift shop, bar. Five miles of well groomed nature trails,ancient trees, park like jungle setting, hammocks,lending library, ping pong table,telescope for use by our star gazing guests, camping also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macaw Bank Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio