“Exceptional Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge

and 1 more site!
You added Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge to your Saves list
Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   Mile 41.5 Hummingbird Highway | P.O. Box 356, Belmopan, Belize   |
Special Offer
Summer Special to Belize!
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orchard Park, New York
“Exceptional Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My family and another family of travel buddies have been on several wonderful excursions, but nothing can compare to this exceptional experience in Belize. We had 9 people in total - 4 adults in their 50's and 5 young adults from 18 to 24. All had wonderful things to say about Cave's Branch. We stayed in 2 tree houses - 20 and 21 - and 21 by far had the better view. The tree houses were perched up on a hill overlooking a river surrounded by jungle - you are definitely part of the jungle in these accommodations! There are no windows - just screens and at night the noises of the jungle fill your room. The meals were very good and the staff was as pleasant and welcoming as could be. We went on 2 excursions while at Cave's Branch - cave tubing and a mayan ruins tour. We all loved the cave tubing with our excellent guides Alex and Wilmer - this is an experience you will never forget! The mayan ruins tour was made by our guide Carlos. Overall, my group wished we had stayed another day here instead of an extra day at the beach. One detail my group wished had been at Cave's Branch was wifi somewhere in the facility - the one guest computer was not enough.

Room Tip: Tree house 21 had an awesome view. There did not seem to be much difference between River's Edg...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed with my wife and 3.5 y/o daughter. The staff at Caves Branch went well above and beyond to make our stay pleasant, and they seem to genuinely have fun and enjoy themselves. Abel and Rosa were awesome guides on the cave tubing tour. The staff at the main lodge make you feel welcomed and like old friends. The food was great (who knew a jungle lodge would make its own, excellent, cheese!). The only complaint I have is that dinner, which is buffet style and four separate courses, was a little long and slow moving for me, but I do have a young child and this is a very trifling nit pick.

If you stay here, be prepared for some crazy howler monkey howling at all hours of the night! It is the jungle, after all.

Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I found this lodge simply by deciding to visit Belize and because it was our first time going to this country I had no idea of where to stay. By looking at the Almond Beach Resort we were able to find this lodge as we did part of our stay there and part here at Cave's Branch. I must say that we travel all over the world and this was, by far, the most amazing place that we have ever been to. The website cannot describe nor prepare you for this fantastic experience. The location is abolute paradise. The food is the best food i have ever eaten. The excursions are WOW! The tree houses are something you would see in a movie or magazine and not believe that it truly exists. I still dream about the tub on my balcony at the top of the trees with the monkeys playing next to us. Our children are 16 years old and they said that this was the best holiday we had ever gone on!! Do yourself a favour and book your flights, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Our family of 5 had a canopy luxury tree house with the upstairs master suite...amazing!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

staff is amazing, food is amazing, expeditions are amazing, you've got to stay here. rearrange your trip to stay here. only negative is no AC, so be prepared. if you get an upgraded canopy room be warned that they get very warm during the day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed 3 days here during my trip to Belize before going to the beach but quite honestly.... I would have been happy just staying here the whole time!

I stayed in the tree house suites, which were absolutely stunning for something in the middle of the jungle. The rooftop deck with the tub is awesome. One thing to keep in mind is to get to the suites there are alot of steps so if you have trouble with them the bungalows or standard tree houses may be a better option. I'm sure they are just as charming.

My stay here was all-inclusive, it included meals, drinks (local alcohol is included) and excursions. I highly recommend going this route as it just makes thing simpler. The meals are all done buffet style but the food is EXCELLENT. Dinners consist of 4 courses (yes 4 course buffet) so don't fill up on the salad.... pace yourself.

The excursions, along with the guides are great. I toured ruins with Pedro who was VERY knowledgeable and didn't miss a beat when I would throw curves at him. He was also very accommodating as I had my 4 year old with me on this trip. At times I think he was a little more concerned about his safety on the ruins than I was which was really nice! We also did the cave tubing excursion with Julio and Maria and again, they were awesome guides. Julio watched over my son on the tube in the cave as if he were his own as did Maria.

From the second we arrived at the lodge the staff did everything in their power to make us feel at home. We first met Carmen (who provided welcome drinks) when we arrived and she was great. She, along with the rest of the staff literally swooned over my son which was really cool. We then met the rest of the staff that was there that day and they were Telma, Veronica and Pedro who proceeded to explain to us how things worked as far as food and drinks are concerned at the lodge. Telma and Veronica were always there to help if we had a question and help with anything they could down at the lodge. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the gift shop girl but she was always more than willing to help with what she could also. If you choose to stay here be sure to get Pedro's after dinner drink that he came up with, its really good.

The other two people you will encounter on a regular basis there are Danny and Anthony (both super nice guys). Anthony and my son Chase were best buds by the time we left as well as Carmen. Anthony and my son had a race down the path to the van the day we left (Anthony let him win :-) ). Carmen also took my son for walks in the jungle to look for monkeys. The point here is, I literally felt like I was staying with family when I stayed here and was totally comfortable with the staff doing things with my son as I sat at the lodge. Also, they WANTED to do things with him, I wasn't asking them, they asked me.

On our last night there we met the chefs and they were awesome also. My son was a little cranky that night and chef Steve (i think) saw this and took it upon himself to make him his own personal pasta dish (mac-n-cheese) which cheered him up. Chef Jay (i think) made a mothers day cake for desert that night which was really impressive as it had fondant on it (you try working with Fondant in 85 degree heat and 95% humidity!)

We will definitely be coming back here

Room Tip: The tree house suites are WELL worth it but be prepared for alot of stairs to get to them.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Caves Branch Jungle Lodge is a delightful surprise in a quiet area of the Cayo District. The lodge accommodations are first rate, delightful cottages tucked into the jungle. Although some of the cottages are very close to each other, you feel as if you are all alone deep in the jungle. The staff was very attentive, focusing on the small details that make all the difference. We did the waterfall cave tour which is an amazing experience. It was very nice to return to our little oasis in the jungle to bath, relax in the pool and have a cocktail before a wonderful evenng meal. I highly recommend spending at least a few days at Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Loved our stay but just felt staff we putting on a show for visitors. Service and property fabulous but too much for me. I would prefer more ralaxed enviroment with more chilled out staff that were more themselves. Saying that everyone was lovely, adventures brilliant, cabanas gorgeous and food nice. Thanks everyone.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge? Share your experiences!