“Amazing people, amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge

You added Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge to your Saves list
Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   Mile 41.5 Hummingbird Highway | P.O. Box 356, Belmopan, Belize   |
Special Price
50% off room rate
Omaha, Nebraska
“Amazing people, amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was my first trip out of the states and I was by myself - but I didn't feel alone the entire trip! This place is amazing, the staff are so friendly and helpful - I can't say enough good things about Caves Branch! The waterfall tour was the best thing I have ever done in my life, I would definitely do it again and again. Tikal was beautiful, it's a long drive but totally worth it to me! Cave tubing was great as well as the zipline. I had an amazing experience and wouldn't hesitate to go back again, although there are so many other places I need see in this world :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Meadow Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We didn't stay here ( it was way too expensive and a little to Americanized for our tastes) but we did book a waterfall cave expedition with them and two transfers. We booked the transfers because they promised not only to get us there from our hotel in time for the tour but to then get us to the water taxi in Belize city before the last one left for the night. On the first count any transport company could do this,the drive was not as long as the booking agent had said, but the driver was great, the vehicle exceptional for Belize and they fulfilled both promises, so while is cost a bit more i have no complaints.
The tour was ranked as one of their hardest and if you aren't in shape it may be but both hubby and I are in good shape and I have climbed some in the past so this tour was not hard but it was unique and it was worth the headache of trying to book ( ended up calling because booking online for a transport AND and tour didn't work well). You must wear long pants ( they warn you of this) pick ones that dry quickly and don't sag when wet because you will be soaked for the whole tour, you must also wear runners. We were warned to bring appropriate footwear and hubby brought sneakers ( they didn't measure up because they din't tie at the top,and he had to rent some uncomfortable ones from them)and I brought my climbing shoes ( ment for slick surfaces, but these also didn't measure up , the guide thought they lacked tread, so I had to change out to my hard soled runners) the guides don't recognize footware meant for climbing so don't bother to pack any just bring lace up runners or rent them there. Also wear a bikini top under a long sleeved shirt. There will be a location in the cave where you can deposit your long sleeved shirt and go on in just your bikini top and life jacket it's nice to have a dry shirt during lunch on the way out :)
The tour itself is wonderful, I doubt you will find another like it anywhere in the world the combination of cave and waterfall is without a doubt impressive.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I wasn't really sure what to expect when we arrived but was most pleasantly surprised. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the botanical gardens are a must see. The staff is so attentive and nice. The food is really delicious; breakfast awesome. It's a jungle experience not to be missed and I hope to return one day to complete the remaining adventures we didn't have the opportunity to do. The sense of community and people we met truly made this a unique vacation experience.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our family had the pleasure of taking advantage of ALL the Belizian Jungle has to offer. We stayed 4 days and 3 nights at this wonderful/beautiful lodge. We were 2 parents in late 30s and early 40s w our 2 "children" daughters, ages 15 and almost 18. We were rarin to go to experience everything Belize had to offer. We previously stayed at a great Ambergris Caye Beach Resort for 5 days. The moment we walked onto the property, we were in awe at the spectacle spread out before us. After a short taxi ride from Belmopan. We were warmly welcomed w a cold refreshing Tropical Rum Punch beverage as our baggage was delivered to our room. We didnt know what to expect when we were led up the lush path, but were very pleasantly surprised by the beauty of our treehouse accommodations. Tasteful interior decorating! The view of the surrounding jungle and river just MADE us so excited to get our fun started! The outside shower was a fun alternative and delight. I myself, slept like a baby in a cradle listening to the birds and other soothing sounds. The rooms ARE outfitted w lock and key w locking safe for any valuables. I saw a few postings complaining there were no outlets, Yes there is, one where the living space's lamp plugs in so you do have ample place to charge your electronics. Also I saw many complaints about the food. They have a full time gourmet chef, Jay there who constantly had us pleasantly surprised by the daily concoctions they prepared. Yes they do have meals scheduled regularly and they might call you to make sure you're attending...we personally enjoyed fraternizing w other guests to happily discuss the tours we experienced that day. The owners Ian and his wonderful wife (who rightly proudly was happy to show and teach about her immense Botanical Garden she personally cares for) actually sat down and dined w us, making sure we were enjoying ourselves. One side note, EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW well in advance, that the cave tubing is somewhat strenuous (7 miles long) and the lunch definitely leaves something to be desired. Bring towels and PLENTY of bug spray. I stayed behind the last 2 days and slept in (to recuperate, due 2 my physical limitations) while the rest of my family went Ziplining and Horseback riding. (Massage for me by Carmen, shes great). They all couldnt say enough about how great it was and how much fun they had. The horses at Banana something? were incredibly strong and fit. Bred and raised IN THE JUNGLE, able to handle anything. Bombproof and VERY WELL cared for. My experienced equestrian daughter was even able to "open up" her horse into a full gallop! Tickled pink! Well to end my rambling, we THOROUGLY enjoyed our stay. Special shout out to Anthony who kept us entertained. We WILL be returning sometime soon. Thanx a mill Caves Branch!

• Stayed November 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Cave's Branch Lodge is not for the traveler looking for ultra luxurious accommodations and drinks with umbrella's in them. That being said it is the best place to stay on the Belize mainland for adventure seekers. The rooms are very nice and maintained excellently the staff will rival those which you might find in a 5 star hotel, everyone is extremely helpful and friendly. I was a little apprehensive about the meals as they are served buffet style. I was extremely pleased with all the food and came home with a few recipes. The dinners are served in courses and chef Danny impressed us with everything that came out. The adventures are incredible and too numerous to list. Somethings you just have to go do for yourself. Go there.

San Pedro, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Although our stay at Caves Branch was a short stay, my family and I had a wonderful time. The staff went beyond my expectations and treated us so nicely, especially my 6 month old daughter, Paris. The food was amazing, i think i gain some weight while I was there. Lol. The Black Hole Drop is a very scary but exciting activity to do, the guides are professionals and informative, especially Esperanza, i felt secure with them . I will definitely recommend for anyone to stay there and I will definitely return to Caves Branch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The reviews on this site are not exaggerated at all. The adventures are AMAZING, the treehouses are so spoiling (you MUST stay in a treehouse), the staff is so friendly and fun, the atmosphere is incredible, the food is great and so much more. The people who stay there are so fun and easy-going. You go on adventure trips with other people staying there and you get to know them well while you are sweating, climb and swatting mosquitoes together. :)

A couple of tips - stay in a treehouse, bring tons of bug spray and make sure it is the sweat/water-repellent kind, bring a flashlight for walking to and from your room at night, be aware that if it rains heavily most of the adventurous trips will be canceled, and get ready to have a fabulous trip! If you want some of the local hot sauce to take home, ask your driver to stop by the "The Mall" which is a large grocery store on the way back to the airport. The sauce is really cheap there. Also, the massage woman is precious and the staff set up the massage table in your treehouse. Such a treat after a long day of dirt, sweat, and fun.

Room Tip: Stay in a canopy treehouse! We stayed in the highest one (#22) and it was 140 steps up to it every...