“Jungle Oasis!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge

You added Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge to your Saves list
Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   Mile 41.5 Hummingbird Highway | P.O. Box 356, Belmopan, Belize   |
Special Price
50% off room rate
Santa Monica, CA
“Jungle Oasis!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I slept in the cabana, and it was fine for the both of us. We had our own private sink and toilet, but had to go outside to shower. It was actually a fun experience showering outdoors esp. at night. Facility was clean, staff was great, and the food was amazing! My husband and I did the River Cave Tubing as well as the Waterfall. They were both great, but a little too similar. If I was to do it over, I would do the Waterfall (b/c of the adventure and history) and the Black Hole Drop. I'd definitely recommend this place to our friends and family, but warn it can get a bit pricey.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Edwardsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We had the best time at Caves Branch. And plan on returning. The food was great, the staff wonderful, friendly and very helpful. We have stayed at many resorts and have found this to be the best ever. Enjoyed the dinners with the other visitors and the owners Ian and Ella, they were very warm and welcoming. If you ever get the chance to visit Belize you must go to Cave Branch and stay at the lodge. Thank you for a wonderful time.
Steve and Dawn

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Caves Branch Lodge is beautiful. The jungle vegetation & flowers are amazing. Our Treehouse was incredible. The view was breath taking & peaceful. It was such an awesome feeling to get up early & sit out on the upper deck looking into the jungle & hills with our morning coffee. We appreciated our morning coffee/tea service. It added a nice touch.
The food was superb. The taste of the fresh fruits & veggies by far out do what we are accustomed to. The staff were very interactive, knowledgeable & polite. It's funny how we got to know alot of the staff as we talked with them daily and joked around with them as well. Its nice to share laughter. The cleaning staff did a very good job. The owners mingle with their guests which is a very unique experience. The adventure tours were excellent & memorable. After a day on a tour & feeling tired, it was nice to come back to the lodge for an excellent meal, a drink & relax for the evening. Wish we would have had more time to spend at Caves Branch, as we were not ready to leave after a week. Hats off to Ian & the staff. Caves Branch is the best vacation we have had!!! Thanks so much.

Room Tip: For a spectacular view & privacy stay in the Canopy View Treehouse. It was very roomy. The deco...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I cannot express how amazing this place is! My husband and I went to Ian Anderson's for the second week of our honeymoon and I was blown away! The grounds are beautiful, more than I ever expected. The staff are great (esp. Larry and Charyl). The dinner is family dining, so you better like socializing during dinner if you stay here! We stayed in the highest treehouse #25, and it was awesome but pricey. Plus, the hike up to the treehouse was exhausting. This place is great if you interested in excursions. The waterfall excursion was our favorite. Warning, it is physically strenuous so you have to be in at least decent shape. Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Bring bug spray and water shoes!!
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I loved staying in our treehouse at Caves Branch. First, there was nothing more wild than sleeping in a literal treehouse, hearing the sounds of the jungle as I fell asleep every night. The nicer rooms are built around existing trees in the hillside and they are very nice. Great comfort and amenities. The outdoor shower was also awesome, private but open enough to make you feel as though your bathing in the middle of the jungle.

When we stayed there, my wife and I were with my family, and were upgraded to a treehouse room. It was awesome. It is a small house, made almost entirely out of mesh/screen door material, so you can see out into the jungle and hear the jungle. But because the trees are so dense, you would not be in danger of other guests seeing you change clothing, etc.

The staff was awesome, most of them know english well enough to help you around the resort. One night we returned to our room and the screen had given way to plenty of bugs and massive spiders. No worries, I just asked one of the staff and he put us into another comparable room, no questions asked.
The food was good, no issues. Never got sick. It's not five star cuisine, but then again, your miles from civilization so everything tasted amazing.

The pool was a godsend, every day after our long and amazing expeditions, we would need to soak there to cool off and recover.

I recommend getting the drink package, you get unlimited bottled sodas (Coke, every Fanta I've ever heard of, Sprite) they also have an alcohol package which we did not buy. But having unlimited drinks everywhere you go, can make a huge difference in the high humidity months. It can get very warm, but a nice soda to cool off changes all of that.

The expeditions that we booked through the hotel were out of this world, and worth every penny. I highly recommend booking the caves exploration.

Definitely better than anything we experienced when we stayed in the Belize Cayes. The staff take great care of you.

Bring high (high) top hiking boots, steel reinforced if possible. They won't let you where Keens with open breathing surfaces, due to safety.
Bring breathable clothes and pants, a hike on a warm humid day will get you soaked.
Bring plenty of high DEET concentrated mosquito repellent.
Bring a bright LED flashlight to get around better at night.

Room Tip: The single tree house rooms are generally higher up on the hillside, and have a bit more of a view...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New Yorke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at Caves Branch Jungle Lodge in a Canopy View Treehouse. My Vacation was Extraordinary, words cannot describe this place! First, My agent Lidia did an excellent Job in planning our vacation, she was so informative and amazing, we actually got to meet her! The Abel did an excellent JOB! I must say the food was great! We are currently planning our next reservation as for return guest Lidia said we are valued and rewarded a 20% discount! Can't Wait! We loveeed this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

For the second part of our honeymoon (after a much needed island retreat) we came here for three nights of adventures and exploration. It definitely has a "campy" feel but still has all of the trappings of a great resort -- a pool with a waterfall and swim up bar, a well stocked bar, friendly and accomodating staff. I was not looking forward to the family style meals (I thought honeymoons meant alone time!) and though the food wasn't gourmet it was actually really fun to meet the other guests dyring mealtimes, many of whom were also on their honeymoon, and have the opportunity to exchange tips and stories. One night we even stayed up late and drank way too much rum with about 10 of the guests which isn't something I had expected to do on my honeymoon but was a highlight of the trip! We recommend the all inclusive package -- we did three nights which gets you two day trips (you leave at 9am and get back around 2pm with plenty of time in the afternoon for pool lounging and rum sipping), your meals, and all you can drink rum and beer. We did the cave tubing and the cave waterfalls exploration, both of which were unforgettable adventures that were awe-inspiring, fun and at times challenging. It was a great way to end our honeymoon and had just the right mix of relaxation and adventure.

Room Tip: The Tree House is a must -- we were nestled in a roomy house literally hundreds of feet in the air...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmopan
Sleeping Giant Lodge
Hidden Valley Inn
Hidden Valley Inn
#2 of 3 in Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve
5.0 of 5 stars 297 reviews

Been to Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge? Share your experiences!