“This is THE place!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Belize Jungle Dome

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmopan
Belize Jungle Dome
You added Belize Jungle Dome to your Saves list
Mile 47, Western Highway | Banana Bank, Belmopan, Belize   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Belmopan B&B and Inns
Selah
“This is THE place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

For those of you looking for a very nice get-away that will make you feel like you have just arrived home after a long absense, this is THE place for you. The owners, the managers and all the help will make you feel like royalty and a dear part of their little family. Not a big resort, but a place where you can relax without stumbling over other tourists. Their packages can also be ammended to fit your personality or your family's adventure level. Please give them a try! I have returned three times and am planning another visit. I have never been disappointed with the rooms, the food, the tours or the wonderful people. This is like a second home and as long as I am able, I will continue to return as long as the Jungle Dome stands and invites.

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Just got back from my 3rd visit to the Jungle Dome - - and will be returning!! They make you feel right at home...just like you were part of their extended family! Very friendly, courteous and just a joy to be around! The scenery is beautiful...the food "top notch"...the service excellent!! I just cant say enough about how happy I am to have found such a wonderful place to vacation! The Belize Jungle Dome can help you to create a one-of-a-kind vacation! I can't wait to go back!! Kim Lucier / Yakima, WA

• Stayed November 2010
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Belize Jungle Dome was wonderful! My husband and I were in Belize for 12 days. We rented a car and traveled all over the country. One night we didnt have a reservation for the evening and I remembered the rave reviews of the Jungle Dome on Trip Advisor so I called them up to see if anything was available. They welcomed us with open arms even though they did not have any other guests due to the low season and most of their staff was not there. Russell and Sara were the most gracious hosts we had while in Belize!! The pool is beautiful, ,the food was wonderful and the room was so comfy that I slept like a baby. We didnt do any tours while we were there, however, they will schedule all of your tours, from cave tubing, horse back riding, etc. The B&B is very centrally located near the capital of Belmopan. Thanks again Russell, Sara and kids for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Jungle Dome for our Honeymoon in October of 2008, and it may have been the best place I've ever stayed in all of our travels ever. I know this is a delayed review, but our stay was so memorable that I felt that we had to say something.

I also want to state that I typically hate staying at Bed and Breakfast type places. I consider lodging as a place to sleep in between adventures and typically don't expect much besides a comfortable bed and a staff that isn't rude. The Jungle dome had the feel of a B&B but was so much more.

We were married on Ambergris Caye a few days before and headed inland to sleep in a cave for the first day of our honeymoon (wouldn't recommend it for your first day of marital bliss), after coming out of the cave we were picked up Louis (the driver at the Jungle Dome at the time) and taken back, muddy and sweaty to the Jungle Dome. The place is beautiful and remote, overlooking a river and citrus orchard. We came in the offseason so we were the only people staying there (I imagine staying in a booked place wouldn't be quite as nice but still amazing). The pool is beautiful with tree frogs visiting daily and gorgeous flowers all over the property.

The first meal that we had at the jungle dome will probably stick in my mind as one of my all-time favorite meals. I don't want to overstate the food and have people think that this is a 4 star French restaurant, but it is very good home cooked food. Over the top good for a place this remote which doesn't have an actual restaurant. Every day was something different, but every meal was a highlight of the trip.

We were here durring a tropical storm that caused one of the worst floods in the last 70 years, it rained constantly and yet I was still giddy because I was so happy at this place. The last day of our stay they warned us that if we didn't leave soon the only road out would soon be washed out. We honestly talked about staying so that we would get stuck and get to stay a few days longer.

I don't know what to say to the average traveler about this place, it's pretty remote and there isn't much to do here durring your stay, but they have excellent access to trips durring the day and I can't imagine a more peaceful and beautiful place to rest your head at night. It was the perfect storm for my wife and I. Beautiful, quiet and comfortable, yet we still experienced more in the few days we were here than any other 4 day stint in my life. I only hope that you give it a chance and don't expect that your lodging in itself will define your trip to Belize.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

The Belize Jungle Dome is a wonderful isolated gem - surrounded by beautiful trees and colourful flowers. It is situated alongside a river and visited by many colourful birds. At night the only sound is silence, broken occasionally by howler monkeys and of course the frogs.

There is a wonderful swimming pool on site which is a must on hot days or you can lounge alongside sipping cocktails.

Very friendly staff along with great food and a relaxed family atmosphere. Activity trips can be organised where you are escorted by very knowledgeable guides.
Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

We stayed at the Jungle Dome for 4 nights in September. Tropical Storm Matthew was threatening to hit Belize and we were concerned both for our safety and for our trip, but everyone at the Jungle Dome was extremely reassuring and accommodating. They adapted to some last minute changes about our incoming transfer, and switched up tours for us based on what was open and what would be the most pleasant in the weather. They even made special arrangements with PACZ Tours when the ATM cave opened up on our last day in Belize!

Our room was spacious, clean, and inviting. It was great to come back to every day after our excursions. We slept like rocks every night!

The food was INCREDIBLE!! We ate most of our meals on the veranda overlooking the pool, and every meal was delicious. Generous portions and a great mix of local and not-so-local foods.

The service was second to none. Besides being flexible with our plans, everyone was so pleasant to talk with, and they had some great stories for us. Also, Russell makes a great Panty Ripper (coconut rum and pineapple juice blended with ice), be sure to try one!

The property is really nice too - interesting structure next to the Belize River. Exotic flora all around, and a nice refreshing pool with plenty of lounge chairs. They kept that pool spotless, even in ever-changing weather! The Dome is located in Belmopan, which worked out great for us and the tours we wanted to do.

We had selected the Jungle Dome based on reviews from Trip Advisor, and we were extremely happy with our choice! We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Menlo Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

We can't rate this place high enough - welcoming hosts always trying to make our stay more pleasant, lovely rooms/pool/grounds, good food, and plenty of great adventures for our two families (with 4 teenagers). We didn't know what to expect in Belize, but took a chance with Jungle Dome and can't imagine it being better. The trips to ruins, cave tubing, jungle night hikes, and zip-lining provided adventure and the guides made it informative and hassle free (especially David!). We're used to adventure travel, but for a first time visit to Belize we're glad the adventures were so comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmopan
Sleeping Giant Lodge
#1 of 3 in Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve
5.0 of 5 stars 136 reviews
Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge
Banana Bank Lodge & Jungle Horseback Adventure

Been to Belize Jungle Dome? Share your experiences!