“The Descent...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Belmopan
More attraction details
Owner description: Belize Inland Tours is a licensed tour operator based in St. Herman's Blue Hole National Park. We are specialize in providing unforgettable inland adventures, give the special attention you deserve and ensuring lots of fun and more importantly safety. Our tour groups are small to provide visitors with an up-close and personal encounter with nature not to mention some magical memories to take away. Our Guides will take you on a journey of a lifetime.* Don't take our word for it check it out for yourselfExperience Cave Tubing adventures away from the crowd, our cave tubing tours are conducted at St.Herman's cave At Blue Hole National Park. Unlike other cave tubing tours in Belize, our cave tubing tours are far away from the visiting cruise ship passengers to BelizeWe'll be happy to communicate and book you by either e-mail or by phone Note: It's best if you book the tour with us ahead of time instead of just driving into the park. We might be on tours and probably you will not find us on the office
London, United Kingdom
63 attraction reviews
“The Descent...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We arrived at the Blue Hole National Park and hired a guide very easily and off we went...with our tubes (or big rubber rings) in hand and started on the short walk to the entrance of the cave. Our guide then gave us our head torches and told us what we would be doing...we put our torches on and descended into the cave. We saw beautiful cave formations on our walk through the cave river to the top of the current where we got onto our tubes and let the tide of the river take us through the cave.

At times it was a bit scary I must say, there were bats at some points swooping and squeaking but when we arrived at the end of the cave river tubing tour I must say I was quite pleased with myself for doing it (as I wasn't) and I definitely overcome some fears whilst in that cave...a very proud moment!!

I really enjoyed every minute of my River Tubing experience at Blue Hole National Park.

**My top tips for River Tubing!!**
1. Wear your costume under your clothes, but still wear your clothes for the tour as there are mosquitoes!!
2. Wear lots of mosquito repellent!!
3. Wear shoes you don't mind getting completely drenched...I did not prepare for this...and my trainers were completely submersed in the water for long periods of time....but the Belizean sun soon dried them out in one afternoon...not bad!!
4. And my last tip take a towel and clothes to change into after, as you will be drenched and experience a rather uncomfortable soggy journey back to where ever you traveled from after you have done the cave tubing!!!

Visited December 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Cave tubing Belize”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We took a cave tubing tour with Alberto Alvarez and he was the best guide and driver. We hired him outside the cruise terminal in Belize. On the 1.5 hour trip to the cave he told us all about the countries history and people. When we got there he took care everything and was our guide down the river. On the way thru the jungle he told us all about the trees and plants that we were seeing.Overhaul he did a great job. His web site is(aplusadventuresbelize.com)

Visited August 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“cave tubing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I seriously didn't know what to expect when we went cave tubing. I guess I thought we'd walk to one point hop in the water and float back. Little did I know we'd be getting the work out of the century! We did treck into the cave which was very cool. After awhile we were instructed to hop in the water on our tubes and we paddled against the current for what seemed like forever. Finally our guide let us know that we could just relax and float back. That was the fun part for sure! We did enjoy the experience though I wouldn't do it again :)

Visited December 2012
5 attraction reviews
“A Day of Perfection in Paradise by a Family of Seven including a 6 yr old!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

A day in paradise with co-owner Omar along with Caesar, my wife and our 5 kids, ages 6-14 years old. It started at 8:30 am with instruction, the passing out of gear, and a short ten minute truck ride through an orange orchard, and into the first of 5 caves. This operation is only one of two companies to offer the full day, five cave tour. Wow, what a day, first of all the water was absolutely soothing and refreshing, and the caves plus the jungle was so dramatic and real it seemed almost fake. The organization and safety on Belize Inland Tours was top shelf and the sights and scenery was life changing! The first cave took about 45-50 minutes of relaxing tubing and then onto the second cave, all the while we kept our life jackets on and Omar and Caesar kept us on track. The water ranged from 1-9 ft deep approx. with the majority being around 5 feet. After 2.5 hours of tubing we stopped outside the second cave's exit for lunch, swimming, diving, rock skipping, and home made lunch with bottles of water. I wish that lunch had went on forever or at least I could have had a way to record or capture the beauty and the fun we had as a family at lunch. We then started back to the adventure with a 15 minute hike through the jungle which was amazing as well, and then the final three caves which included the Crystal cave and its beautiful waterfall. The total adventure through the caves took about 5.5 hours with an hour ride back to the truck. I would love and have promised my kids a "return to paradise" trip sometime in the future as this day was amazing. Thanks to Omar and his company.
Mike, Sara, Noah, Eli, Anna, Ezra, and Elsa. Wahoo, Nebraska

Visited June 2013
utah
“worth the stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Driving towards Placencia we did a stop at St. Herman's Blue Hole National Park. We Went cave tubing, Omar, our tour guide was very friendly, knowledgeable and so funny. It was our second time doing cave tubing and it was the best. First of all it was very private, and peaceful, opposite to what we did at nohoch che'en or Jaguar Paw, floating with hundreds of people "that is not fun". With Omar of Belize Inland Tours we had the entire cave for our self. Before starting tubing we did a walk into the cave approximately 350 yards, really nice formation, artifacts that were left by the ancient mayas and Omar also had a good knowledge of the mayan history. Turning our lights off while floating was awesome, so dark, it's really another world. After the tour that took approximately 2.5 hrs we went for a swim at the blue hole, really nice natural pool, the water was so refreshing. It really worth the stop.

Visited April 2013