“Boo hoo too much rain” 4 of 5 stars

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Boo hoo too much rain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

What great looking spot but we had several days of rain that made the water a bit murky and looked too swift and ominous to swim that day.

London, United Kingdom
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 180 helpful votes
“The Blue Hole...nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'm not sure what I was expected of the Inland Blue Hole...maybe its the words 'Blue Hole' that conjure up magnificent pictures in the mind, reminiscent of the Blue Hole Reef off the coast of Belize...but it was just a big let down.

We paid a small fee to see the inland Blue Hole at the entrance and even though it was a small fee I don't think it warranted a charge at all. There was nothing really to do there except walk down some paths then down some stairs to a round blue river. The only thing I can say for it, was that it really was a beautiful shade of blue and the water was lovely and clear.

But apart from that there isn't much else to say for it...we were prepared to go swimming but actually couldn't see the point of going through the rigmarole of getting wet and dressed again to get back in the car as we knew we wouldn't stay in there long, there wasn't mush to explore it's really not very big.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend making a bee-line for the Inland Blue Hole. If you're driving by then pay it a visit but don't go out of your way. There are many more things to spend your money and time on in Belize like, Cave tubing around the corner or visiting Blue Creek Cave in Toledo or Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve in Dangriga...to name but few.

Visited December 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Refreshing Dip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great place to take a cool swim on a hot day! A short walk from where we were staying, and a beautiful cave and surroundings.

Surrey, England
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Blue Hole ... not always blue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We got there just before 5pm and the park was already closed, however, it was still possible to get down to the blue hole. The water looked green not blue and didn't seem so appealing. My husband went for a quick swim. I didn't. On the way back to the carpark we saw a few lovely birds. Oh yes the mosquitos were there too ... all the time.

I'm glad I've seen it but won't rush back.

Visited December 2012
San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a fun stop for us in Belize. The water was nice and refreshing surrounded by the beautiful jungle. Jobe who works there is an extremely kind man and though I have a broken foot, made sure that I was able to see the Blue Hole and I'm very grateful for that experience.