“wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Twin Palms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmopan
The Inn at Twin Palms
You added The Inn at Twin Palms to your Saves list
Ml 54 Hummingbird Highway, Belmopan, Belize   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Belmopan B&B and Inns
“wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

after spending a few weeks on the road my colleagues and I landed at this B&B recommended by local partners and it felt coming home. Rooms are very clean and fully furnished, there is a good pool and an amazing garden. WIFI works very well and Anna and the staff are wonderful and always ready to help and give advices. The breakfast is very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
It was very nice of you to take the time to write a few words on your recent stay with us at Twin Palms.We are very happy when our guests leave feeling satisfied enough to write about it.It was a pleasure meeting and hosting you and if ever you are in this area again,please pop in to see us again.
Best Regards,
Anna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returning from my trip to Belize, I can't help but think of all the wonderful people I've met during my trip. There were no better people than the Smiths; Anna, Tim, Nicole and AD. I went to Belmopan after spending a week of volunteer work in Nicaragua for some R&R and thankfully I stayed at Twin Palms for the first 2 days in Belize. I was supposed to meet my girlfriend in Belize and she unfortunately was late for her departure the first day and then the following day the airline had a plane malfunction and delayed her trip a 2nd time. Needless to say my gf and I was quite bummed to start our vacation in this fashion. Thankfully I was in the company of the Twin Palms' family and they essentially adopted me as an extended family member.

Both Tim and Anna had great stories and life experiences that they shared with me and Nicole and AD was gracious enough to show me around town and give me a local's tour when they found out about my unfortunate predicament. Also being an animal lover, I was glad I had a chance to interact with their dogs and cats (Smokey was my favorite!)

In regards to their property, all I can say is that it's gorgeous! I took a day tour around Belmopan and saw some of the other accommodation options and they are not in the same league. The Twin Palms' rooms were clean, the pool was a god send, the available bikes was an added bonus and the food that Anna and Tim made was delicious!

If you are visiting Belize for leisure, I highly recommend Belmopan as the base for your in land tour activities since it is in the middle of the country, it's very safe and it has an airport where you can catch a flight to the Cayes after you are done exploring the ruins, etc.

If I find myself back in Belmopan, I will not hesitate to stay with my adopted family again at the Twin Palms. Do yourself a favor and experience it for yourself! There is really no need to research the other options, I promise you will not be disappointed. Thanks again Twin Palms for your hospitality and for making this part of my trip unbelizable!

-Jason

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for such a sweet review of your stay with us at Twin Palms.Yes,we surely felt like we had adopted a new family member and so sorry we did not get to meet your girlfriend as planned.We hope you enjoyed the islands and if one day you return this way again,please stop in and say hi.
We wish you all the best on your travels as you care for the less fortunate around the world.
Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

As my husband is often in Belize for work, children and I decided to join him and visit the country he was talking so much about. We left London (UK) not sure of what was expecting us and we had experience, wished we could go back soon! Above the places where we staid during our travelling, Twin Palms has surely left a very dear memory. We spent few nights around the end of August 2013 and then again before leaving in the begin of September. In both occasion Anna and her family have offered us a very unique experience, my daughter "adopted" Nicky (Anna and Tim's daughter) as big sister, my son enjoyed playing with the pets and exploring the beautiful garden. The room was just perfect, clean, comfortable, provided of kitchen and fridge, on the ground floor. The swimming poole, with flowers and plants around is small but perfect and we all enjoyed using it at any time of the day (my husband used to go for a swim at 5/6am before going to work...great way to start your day!). Though it was rainy season the holiday was perfect. The rain in the night gives to the place a very romantic atmosphere, while the day was hot but tolerable, perfect for a family. From Twin Palms is easy to go to the centre of Belmopan and by car you can visit several beautiful sites, including the Zoo, Maya temples, caves, or the park nearby, only one hour drive to Belize City. Nicky took me and the children for a horse ride at a stable located in an amazing place near the river and we had a fantastic experience with her, going on the horses through the jungle and the corn field! Above to the high quality of the service (Twin Palms is elegant, comfortable, peaceful, with a garden rich of splendid flowers and plants, well maintained and very clean) what has left a mark in us was the kindness and sense of hospitality shown by all the family and staff. Travelling with children in new places can be a challenge, but not here where they are welcome and treated as members of the family. My daughter learnt from Anna how to make flowers compositions, my son loved the dogs, cat and frogs...and both loved the hot chocolate with marsh mallows in the morning!My husband was happy for our staying as we were well looked after in his absence and was able to work even from the room with us around. We all really hope to be able to return for a vacation in Belize and spend more time at Twin Palms!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay with us at Twin Palms.The children were a treat and we enjoyed the fun and laughter they brought with them.It was our pleasure meeting your family and hearing all about Venice and London,who knows we may visit soon.Please give hugs to the children from us and tell them we hope to see them once again back in Belize when dad comes to work and they are of from school.The biscuits were delicious with tea,by the way!!
Enjoy your time back in Venice.
Kind Regards,
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed there last weekend and truly was treated like family. If I ever go back to Belmopan, I plan on staying again, no question. Anna is someone who just radiates kindness, and my room was cute and spotless. I also enjoyed using the pool to cool off after climbing some Mayan ruins, a great way to relax after some serious exercise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Sorry this reply is late,we went to Colorado for a wedding right after you left. and recently returned,it is so beautiful!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a sweet review of your recent stay at Twin Palms.
We are always happy when our guests leave so satisfied that they would come back.Many have returned and it's always nice to see them again and catch up with life.
We hope you get to return one day also,we will be here waiting:)
All the best!!
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

There isn't much else we can add here that would be any different than all the other reviews listed. When we arrived, we were invited right into their home in the middle of preparations for the opening of their sons deli, A&D's deli, the very next day. They gave us samples of all the different meats and sauces and it was delicious. The next day, before we had to leave, we stopped by the deli for some food. The ambiance is great, yummy yummy food and service. It is located right next to the pharmacy where Anna works. Definitely a place to stop even if you're just passing thru.

We would definitely stay at Twin Palms again and would recommend to anyone looking to stay in or around the Belmopan area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
That was such a nice review of your recent stay with us at Twin Palms!!Thank you so much for taking the time to write it.We are happy to have met and hosted you both with us.Thanks also for the good comments about the new deli.
AD's DELI is actually up and running nicely and he is very happy after three weeks of being in business.Everyone has their favorites and come for them almost on a daily basis.
We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in our beautiful country and if you ever return,we hope that you stop in and see us again.
All the best!!
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

For the fourth year consecutively I spent most of my summer vacation
in Belize. And, of course, there is no better place to stay than Twin
Palms! The hospitality and very personal attention offered by Anna and
Tim Smith are incomparable. My family and I feel there at home, but with the comfort of having the best service. The bed and breakfast offers a high
standard of comfort in a very quiet and beautiful corner of Belize’s
capital Belmopan. At the same time it is possible to stay connected to
the world through WIFI, international TV channels and cell phones
which are offered for a very reasonable rent by the hotel. From
Belmopan, located at the very center of the country, it is possible to
explore the extraordinary variety of beauties of Belize; from the
turquoise waters of the Caribbean sea to the pristine rainforests of
the Maya mountains, which treasure some of the most impressive
archeological sites of the great Mayan civilization.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good. Room No. 1 is a junior suite,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tim Anna S, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Twin Palms, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Ambassador,once more it has been our pleasure to host you and your lovely family with us at Twin Palms.Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review.It is so nice to hear that our guests enjoyed the full taste of Belize all over.
We look forward to your next trip to Belize,Twin Palms will be here waiting!!!
Best Regards,
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Tim and Anna are running a beautiful B&B with the right amenities to keep anyone coming back. They are really well connected in the city, so no matter where you go, people know you are staying in the Twin Palms! The caretakers Aura and Patty, are so nice and always willing to go the extra mile to make the day better! Staying in the Twin Palms is like staying with family. Thank you so much for making our stay there simply amazing!

Room Tip: Any room in this B&B is terrific. Rooms 1-5 all have a view of the pool and rest area, and room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your extended stay with us at Twin Palms.It was our pleasure to host your team with us.Every morning the pets still come up for treats but April finally settled into her home and quit coming over.She has grown so much!!
With Tippy's passing last week things are quiet around here,no more little barks at the big dogs,the way he used to scold them for begging.
If you ever come back to Belize on another mission it would be nice to see you again.

Best regards,
Anna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmopan
Sleeping Giant Lodge
Villa San Juan
#4 of 15 in Belmopan
5.0 of 5 stars 51 reviews
Ian Anderson's Caves Branch Jungle Lodge

Been to The Inn at Twin Palms? Share your experiences!