“One of the most amazing natural wonders I have been to ;)” 5 of 5 stars

Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Caves from San Ignacio
Ranked #1 of 62 things to do in Cayo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: This remote cave is filled with relics left over from the Mayans.
Skaneateles, New York
25 attraction reviews
“One of the most amazing natural wonders I have been to ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I have ben to many caves but this one is a special one, very spiritual with so much positive energy, there is the image of the Virgin Mary formed naturally, simply amazing. A great place to renew your energy and explore the wonders of Belize. Challenging but not impossible, I won't recommend it for your children and the elderly.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I was slightly apprehensive about the ATM since I wasn't sure if I would feel claustrophobic or not...I'd never been in a cave for that long. But I went and absolutely loved it! It was the highlight of our trip. The limestone cave is gorgeous and the water you swim in and trek through is crystal clear. I honestly don't know what was cooler-- the cave formations or the untouched mayan artifacts. Seeing both together was amazing.

Our guide's name was Danny (his real name is Angel but he goes by the name Danny) and he was awesome. Since we were a small group, we were able to beat the crowds to the cave and have it to ourselves for a little bit and do some exploring. Danny was really knowledgeable both about the cave and about mayan history.

If you're in the area, I think this is a "must-see".

North Oaks, Minnesota
11 attraction reviews
“Peak Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is something we will never forget and it is closest I have ever come to fulfillment of a childhood dream - being in a REAL CAVE - while remaining absolutely thrilling to an adult. You get to wear a helmet with a headlamp and wade, swim, climb and hike, seeing caverns, stalagmites, stalagtites, and ancient offerings. I don't want to say too much, because it is something wonderful, to experience it unfold for you with minimal expectation. But, do it if you can!

minnesota
15 attraction reviews
“Didn't want to do it, but glad I changed my mind!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Ok, I'm 44 and not fond of small places, so I didn't want to try this. But my 18 year old daughter and my husband really wanted me to go with them. Our guide Carlos knew this and really took his time and made sure we were all safe and comfortable at all times. He also made sure we were respectful of our surroundings and very careful around the artifacts. If you go remember this isn't a walk in the park, but you will be proud of yourself once you complete it. A must do. In the u.s.a. Everything you see in this cave would be behind glass, very nice to see history in its original place of origin!

Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Went with Pacz and would recommend this tour. There is some swiming, wading and climbing, but we really enjoyed the cave, the artifacts and the history and information from our guide. Also, we were traveling a lot and followed in our own car to avoid backtracking. Pacz was very accomodating. However, be warned that there is a water crossing. Glad I had a higher suv type vehicle. If in the Cayo district, this is a "do not miss."