“Couldn't ask for better!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amber Sunset Jungle Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo
Amber Sunset Jungle Resort
You added Amber Sunset Jungle Resort to your Saves list
Mile 59 Western Highway, Belize   |
Special Price
15% OFF NIGHTLY RATES
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Cayo
“Couldn't ask for better!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights. We couldn't have asked for a better jungle experience without the need to "rough" it. Giovanni and his sister were amazing hosts. They provided us with everything we wanted...and some. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean. The fresh local food that was prepared for us was delicious. Giovanni was kind enough to share his recipe for Chicken Caldo. :)
I'm so happy we chose to stay there. Well worth it and highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for this awesome review Colette! I am happy you had a great time with us. Let me know how the Caldo turns out : )

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Belize City, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Had a great weekend with my family at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort. The resort set in the hills gave us the "get-away" atmosphere we needed. The cabins, pool and restaurant were certainly inviting and clean. We also got to relax in our cabin's "mini-pool/spa." It only got better though with the great service and the delicious meals. Certainly was a unforgettable, relaxing, one with nature experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for this great review! I am happy you and your family had a great time. We aim to have all our guests feel closer to nature. It is warming to know we are achieving this. Thanks again. See you soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My fiancé and I were so very please with our 4 nights in the mestizo treehouse.

We were wined and dined with exceptional service from the very moment we were picked up in Belmopan. Over the course of our stay, Giovanni and his staff pampered us with personal attention down to the Congratulations writes in flower petals on our swing bed they managed to sneak in while we were eating dinner.

A few other highlights demonstrating the unique value of this resort:
- Family run: During our stay, we felt like we got to hear the story of how the resort came to be as well as the staff and even the dog, Rambo.
- Peace of mind: On 2 occasions, Giovanni waited at the bottom of the hill with us for the bus to make sure we got to where we were going.
- Our Welcome- a complimentary 'Amber Sunset' cocktail to enjoy poolside after a day of travel! Nice touch!
- Details in the room - different local woods all from just down the street, swinging king size bed, screened off windows on 3 sides give the room a very treehouse feel, large stone shower was luxurious (wish the hot water kept tho)
- central location - the resort is in a great location as many of the jungle tours are easily accessible from just the hill off the main road. We were able to do ATM, Sunset Cave Tubing, and Mountain Pine Ridge.

Thanks again to the Amber Sunset team. We wish you luck with all your plans to continue to upgrade this resort.

- Joe and Tawny

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to write this great review. I am happy you and Tawny had a great time staying with us. U hope to see you both again real soon; this time as newlyweds!
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Amber Sunset is a quaint family ran Eco jungle lodge with clean comfortable accommodations, friendly knowledgeable staff, amazing food, and extremely peaceful surroundings.

The personalized service we received was top notch and it was wonderful to be provided with personalized local and fresh breakfast and 3 course dinners each with a different belizean regional flare. It left us to not have to worry about making any decisions on what to eat and when.

The only con as an Eco resort was the hot water system did not hold enough hot water to take a longer shower which with the cool jungle mornings made it a little uncomfortable but no the less still wonderful. I would recommend providing the rooms with a robe to alleviate this minor issue. But I truly loved the details down to the locally hand made soaps that were complimentary provided in the rooms and extremely fresh linens.

The location is perfectly placed in between all of the attractions in the Cayo region which leaves you the open and endless possibilities of day activities all in easy reach.

The value you receive for your money is a perfect blend of luxury and those looking for a economical/ reasonably priced accommodation.

We truly loved our experience at Amber Sunset and will return and give many recommendations and referrals to this fabulous resort.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for this awesome review! We are working on upgrading our water systems to remedy the situation. I look forward to your next visit!
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was our clear favorite of the places we stayed in Belize. Giovanni and his staff provided incredible service. The location is very beautiful as well as convenient. The driveway is hard to get up, but our friends somehow made it up in a little VW Golf!

The Garifuna tree house was stunningly beautiful, relaxing and just perfect. We had no issues with bugs but did have a little lizard find his way in which was no problem. This place was very clean a nd well kept, but keep in mind you are in an area rich with wildlife and they cannot control where all creatures go on their property. Giovanni's dog, Rambo, is a very well behaved sweetheart as well.

The food was fresh, full of flavor and presented so beautifully that I wanted to take a photo of every dish. The prices for the rooms and food were an incredible value! I would absolutely stay here again and hope to bring my kids next year.

Do yourself a favor and stay at Amber Sunset!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for this great review. I am very happy you guys enjoyed staying with us. Come back soon!
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed at Amber Sunset in early February 2014 for three nights. We were a group of four and stayed in the Creole Family Treehouse. The property was absolutely beautiful! The treehouses were carefully carved out of the existing jungle so you are surrounded by vegetation and wildlife. The materials used to build the treehouses were top notch and I believe locally sourced -- we commented several times on how nice the wood felt on our bare feet. There were several nice touches provided, such as local soaps in the bathrooms, complimentary bottled water in the rooms, and flashlights to use to navigate the property at night. Our treehouse had two large porches and we enjoyed sitting outside playing games at night. We tried using the outdoor tub but ran out of hot water before our feet were even covered. If you're going to use this, the best way might be to add water in the morning and let the sun heat it all day. The best thing about the rooms, though, is how one wall is all screens. Every night during our stay it rained and the sound of the rain in the trees was wonderful for sleeping. It should be noted that the third floor bedroom in the family treehouse is accessed by a steep ladder, which might be difficult for older guests.

All that being said, what really sets this place apart are the food and the service. It's a small resort even when full, so the staff can give very personal attention. Whenever we needed anything someone was around to help. And the food! We were all really impressed with all our meals. We didn't have any lunches at the resort, but we had breakfast and dinner every day. The chef even made a carry out breakfast for us when we had to leave early for a tour of Tikal. Everything was fresh, delicious, and well presented. It's hard to believe the chef is only 20 years old!

Giovanni was a pleasure to deal with when making our plans. He was always quick to respond and very helpful (his tip to use Crystal Auto Rental was a great one). It was great to meet him and his family and the rest of the staff, and to hear the story of how they began.

One last thing: several reviews mention the road to the resort. It's not that bad. I would imagine it can get quite washed out in the rainy season, but as long as you have four wheel drive and take it slow, it's just fine. Remember, you're in the jungle in Belize!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for this really great review Sara :). We are very proud of our Belizean owned resort and the Belizean products we use in our treehouses. I will be sure to pass on the compliments to the staff. It was my pleasure to ensure you guys enjoyed and had fun here in Belize. Thank you again and I hope to see you all soon!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Giovanni and Mira and team
We (a family of my two adult children and the partner of one, and myself, spent a wonderful 3 nights in your lodge on its second anniversary of being! Congratulations!!. Your lodge was chosen for closeness to our day trips and I was glad we hired a car, even though its hand brake did not function at all - beware future airport car hirers. We were active in the daytimes with ATM cave and Tikal trips coming home to privacy and quietness, given the separateness of the tree houses from each other, and wonderful origami towel animals on our beds, and your graciousness and helpfulness. Rambo, your so very gentle and quiet dog, was there to greet as well. We dined in San Ignacio at restaurant Serendip and their nachos were classified by the younger generation as best ever!

The one evening meal we had with you was so delicious and breakfasts were a treat, including the burritos to take away.

Thank you all and I can highly recommend that visitors to Belize stay with you. I also recommend Carlos, the caveman (ATM) and Luis as guides. Carlos organised Luis for us for Tikal and he came with us. I know you are happy to organise trips too, Giovanni.

Best wishes to you all for many more years of leaving the world for up your driveway to excellence from Vicky, Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for this awesome review Vicky! First, I must say that I and the rest of the staff admired your spirit for travelling and exploring our beautiful country. I am very happy you enjoyed staying in our treehouses. I will pass on the compliments to the staff. I look forward to your next visit to Belize!