“Romantic ending” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amber Sunset Jungle Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo
Amber Sunset Jungle Resort
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Cayo
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Romantic ending”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Amber Sunset was our last stop at the end of a hectic, interesting 3 week vacation thru Central America. This choice turned out to be perfectly timed! Wonderfully appointed "jungle" rooms up high, gave us the unwinding we were looking for. Our hosts saw to our every need - good food, good conversation in this serene location. We simply were enamoured by it all! We wish this family team Good luck with the expansion and may your guests enjoy Amber as much as we did!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for the good review Sivi. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Thanks for the well wishes and I hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Port of Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We arrived in Belize and were immediately on our way to Amber Sunset. The drive to the resort was pleasant especially at that time of the afternoon just before sunset. The actual arrival to Amber was special; a secluded drive up and then these impressive "hut like" structures appear - the jungle rooms! Spacious, well laid out and completely wooden mixed with modern conveniences.and the "piece de resistance" the Swing bed"! It took some getting used to but was comfortable and fun. Good food and exceptional service made our stay truly memorable.
Ya reach wid Amber!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review! It was our pleasure to ensure you had a wonderful time in Belize. I look forward to your next visit.
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We really didn't know what to expect, but we certainly were overwhelmed by what we found. What a beautiful location, lovely resort, and wonderful staff!!! We were a group of 4 and we felt like royalty the whole 4 days we were at the resort. Giovanni was wonderful, the staff at the resort, Asad, Jolette and the two chefs were amazing. We will definitely return when we have the opportunity. Can't wait to see how the resort grows. Spectacular rooms, great food and wonderful surroundings.

Room Tip: The hanging beds are a must try.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Giovanni P, General Manager at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review Dominique! I am happy we made your time with us special. It was great to get to know you all and share our experiences. I look forward to seeing you all again!
Belize City, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My stay at Amber Sunset was extremely enjoyable. The ambiance of the resort, as well as the room, was exceptional. I had a very relaxing time at the Resort. I especially liked the fact that Amber Sunset is very secluded, yet a short distance away from entertainment and food in San Igancio. I will certainly stay at Amber Sunset Jungle Resort in the future and have no reservations as it relates to referring the Resort to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review! I am happy you found our jungle accommodations exceptional. We strive hard to provide the best to our guests. I look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed as part of a group at Amber sunset and were impressed with the facilities, food and in particular the service. Giovanni, the manager of amber sunset, really knows what he is doing and puts the customer first. The entire staff is very polite and accommodating. One example is when I walked down to refill my water bottle from the sink late at night, the midnight security guard came and filled it from the kitchen for me without me asking, as well as got me ice. The rooms are fantastic, open air with beautiful bathrooms and beds that hang from the ceiling. Would definitely stay again next time I'm in belize. Seeing as how it is a fairly new resort, they are making vast improvements every day. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! It was our pleasure to host the student group for a night. Good luck with your future studies and I look forward to seeing you again.
Florence, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We loved our two night stay in May! The staff was exellent and tended to our every need. We loved our swing bed and the beautiful room with a great jungle view. It was very private and exactly what we were looking for in a jungle retreat. The location was great for going to the ATM cave and Mayan ruins. It was also nice to stay in a Belizean owned and managed resort. Asad was so much fun to talk to at the bar and gave us a great history of Belize. He also took us on a hike to the creek and pointed out different trees and animals. The food was wonderful, some of the best on our vacation. It was nice to be able to afford such a beautiful resort as Amber Sunset! We would stay here again. Thanks again to the great staff, Jemarie and Scott

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review Jemarie! I am happy your stay with us was great. I shared this review with the staff and they send their thanks. It was great to get to know you and Scott. Hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

As a hospitality student, I tend to be a little picky about where I stay. And even though I only had one night at Amber Sunset while on a Study Abroad trip, I truly fell in love. It is a beautiful site with amazing staff and personal experiences. I really, really enjoyed myself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rhianna, it was a pleasure to have you and your fellow classmates stay a night with us! Thank you for the great review! I wish you the best of luck in your studies and hope to see you again soon!