“Great Zip Lining” 4 of 5 stars

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Zip Lining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We went to this place because of the proximity to the lodge we were staying in. The people were friendly and helpful and the zip lining was pretty good. I must say that it was not as good as the zip lining in Costa Rica, but not many places are. Overall, we had a good experience at Calico Jack's.

Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fly through the jungle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

VEry enjoyable, first time Ziplining. Felt very safe, got good instructions, We didnt have much time, so did the short trip, which was very pretty and fun. Our young guide was very helpful. Wish we had had more time to explore the resort and the surrounding area which was beautiful and appeared to be very interesting.

Knysna, South Africa
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great way to see a beautiful forest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

A highly professional outfit with some great runs amongst amazing trees. The guides were great and the experience truly exhilarating. Another must do in Belize. We met the owners who were on hand to get feedback - a nice touch.

Vonore, Tennessee
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“First, and probably last, zip-line adventure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband really wanted to do this so our friends and I did it. We did the Intermediate course. My husband loved it. They get knocked down a couple of notches because of 2 things.

First, they mis-lead my friend who asked how many steps there were. She had a pulled upper leg muscle and was concerned about climbing a lot of steps. The office staff told her there were a few. That is completely misleading because we had to hike uphill quite a lot. Perhaps there were only a few (~20) ladder-type, man-made steps, but they should have known what she was asking. She told them she had a pulled muscle. If you have to put in metal plates on the steep trails, perhaps that should be considered steps. Our friend was a trooper and made it through, but she was in pain, and was worried that she was holding up the group of 8.

Second, my brake didn't work real well. On one of the runs I got my feet up in time to slam into the tree at the end. It was quite jarring, and I'm lucky I didn't break an ankle. I was braking as hard as I could. On future runs I really slowed down and barely made it onto the platforms in order to avoid that jarring finish. That took a lot of the fun away. They had a mattress around the concrete at the end of one of the runs. I think they need a mattress around the tree too.

The canopy is beautiful. And we enjoyed stopping to see, and taste the termites. They taste like spicy mint. The overall operation seems pretty safe. My brake was the only one in the group that didn't work well. As I said my hubbie loved it, and would go back tomorrow. I would not, but I guess I'm glad I did it once….and survived!

Visited May 2014
San Ignacio, Belize
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My First Zip Lining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had NEVER zip lined before, but had several friends here from the US, and 5 of us went zip lining. \i was afraid at first, but the professionalism and confidence that the staff had reassured me. IT WAS A BLAST!!! We stayed and had drinks and brunch afterwards, the owners, Chester and Ydalia were awesome hosts. The dinner was great and affordable. Calico Jacks has the latest in equipment, no stopping by hand, and an elevator that takes you to a place that is about 1400 feet above ground. It was a wonderful experience, and I will take all of my clients there for the experience. The lodge accommodations were also the most exquisite I have ever seen. I plan to spend a night at the lodge just to sleep in one of those rooms.
Lee