“Great day of snorkelling.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 68 Activities in Belize City
3 attraction reviews
“Great day of snorkelling.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a great adventure with this group. The day we went, the water was very choppy. They took us to caye caulker first. As mentioned in other reviews, safety is a priority. We were divided into small groups to snorkel. The coral and fish were amazing. We were very pleased at stingray alley. As soon as our boat came up we were surrounded. The kids love feeding and touching the sting rays and nurse sharks. One suggestion though.. I would bring my own mask. The mask and snorkels provided aren't in the greatest shape. I also didn't like using a used snorkel.

Visited April 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Shark/Ray Alley and Caye Caulker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our family of 4 (children ages 10 and 16) just enjoyed this excursion through Coral Breeze Tours. From start to finish, the staff was friendly and professional. We snorkeled in small groups, each group accompanied by a staff member. This alone shows how important safety is to them. I'm an experienced scuba diver and the quality of snorkeling is top notch on this tour. Great visibility and lots of coral and marine life to see. The second snorkel site "shark/ray alley" is all about getting in the water and swimming with the sharks and rays. It's an exhilirating feeling being in the water with so many of them at once. We got back to Caye Caulker and had about an hour to eat and briefly explore. The food was amazing and if you want a beer, a fancy coctail, or conch ceviche, the prices are cheaper than anywhere I've been. I highly recommend this excursion and Coral Breeze Tours.

Chicago, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
“Coral Breeze Tours...Champions of the Seas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our family of 5 just recently completed a cruise on RCL and experienced a wonderful excursion with Coral Breeze. We arrived early for the excursion, but had a long wait for stragglers who did not show up on time. The excursion office and personnel were easy to find from the tender drop-off. There were 2 boats that took our large group to the Caye Caulker. One boat was "open air" and the other was enclosed. Both boats traveled at a high rate of speed (the ride was bumpy), but most people thought that was rather fun! After a drop-off at Caye Caulker for the non-snorkelers, we were just 5 minutes away from the first snorkeling spot. The guides were VERY helpful, informative and our guide even dove to the bottom to show the group a conch shell! He also was very attentive to the group's needs. In fact, my 9 year old niece panicked when her mask fogged up and he swam back, fixed the mask, then let her finish the snorkel being pulled via a tether/float so she didn't need to swim. The waters were a bit choppy and it was difficult to keep track in the water of the guide and members of our group. The stingray encounter was great and we even saw a barracuda! Standing in the water during the stingray encounter was difficult for shorter people since the water was choppy and rather deep (4-5 feet).

Lunch at Caye Caulker was delightful. It as an open air cafe with a covered roof and view of main street (a dirt road). We had a short amount of time to walk around, but could easily have spent more time to see/experience the sea side island town. On our trip back to the port, we had a very nice conversation with Javie, one of the guides, reagrding the history of Belize and other tours.

Overall, a wonderful experience and one that I would recommend to others wanting to experience snorkeling in the Barrier Reef.

Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“Great Excursion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I traveled with my husband and a group of 9 friends on NCL's Dawn. Booking this excursion with Mark was super easy and being that we had a group of 11 we were given a 10% discount! The tendering process was pretty easy as was finding a Coral Breeze rep who took us to the area where we paid. Not a lot of info was given as to what we were to do after making our payment, so we just stood around and waited. It must be from all of the great reviews that created such a large crowd for this day! After about 40+ minutes of waiting we were called to collect our snorkeling gear (after another excursion group was called through), they didn't have the size fins that I needed and I was assured they would find me some on the boat that we would be taking...We loaded onto the boat and a couple of times I was offered the same fins that I had rejected because they were too big! I was beginning to wonder if I would have to go without fins. Then Natalie came to the rescue! I read a previous post of a group of 16 or so guests going out on a smaller boat, that wasn't the case for our group. We were on a large VERY loud boat. It was a very overcast day and the water was choppy. The ride took about 40 minutes. We made a pit stop at Caye Caulker and picked up another guide. We were given life vest and we were shown three different ways to wear them depending on your skill/comfort level. This was a guided snorkel tour, we were divided into 5 groups (large number of people today). My group of friends was lucky enough to have Natalie as our guide! One thing that is very clear is how much pride the guides take in their country and their reef, we really appreciated that!!! Unfortunately, like I said earlier it was an over cast day so visibility was not great. We did see an eel, stingray, a few fish and interesting coral. Too bad it wasn't a clear day! We then got back into the boat and made our way to shark/ray ally. The water was fairly shallow (I'm 5'4" and the water hit me at the shoulder). This was awesome!!! Lots of rays showed up but only a few sharks. Natalie made sure who ever wanted to hold a stingray was able to! We had plenty of time to explore and watch the sharks and rays before heading back to Caye Caulker. My group didn't choose the included lunch we decided to wing it! We ended up having a great lunch and several drinks at the closest resturant, we decided not to venture out too far and risk being left...however it sure would be fun to spend a few days there! We all had a great time with Natalie and the crew!!! From booking with Mark to the completion of our excursion we found Coral Breeze to be a breeze!!!! Thank you Natalie, Star, Javier, Ally and the other guy (sorry I don't remember your name!)

whitby
4 attraction reviews
“Great snorkelling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Amazing snorkelling. Sting ray and shark alley was the best part of our entire trip.

Only negative aspect was that it was a very long boat ride out to Key Caulker near the reef. This coupled with the tender ride from the cruise ship (which is the furthest I have ever seen a ship away from port) made for a long day traveling on boats. Key Caulker was also very interesting. Would have been nice tospend a bit more time there.