I stayed here for three nights for my first visit to Belize City, and am so glad I did. All the staff are very helpful and kind, and the building is secure (with its own security guard). I had a room on the second floor facing Marlin's--the restaurant next door, which is good!--with a fan and private bath. The room was very clean and comfortable and I didn't have any problem with noise. The veranda was a really nice place to catch a breeze and hang out. I'd heard a lot of bad things about Belize City from other travelers and Belizeans alike...but it doesn't deserve its bad rap. It's like any other big city. I walked around for hours...I'm a young woman traveling alone, and I never felt unsafe. If I had, there were plenty of taxis to take me wherever I needed to go for pretty cheap (I had to take one anyway because I'd gotten lost on the north side of the city and was tired). Brody's, the supermarket nearby, has everything you could want, and there are decent restaurants nearby, like Marlin's and Cenie's diner, featuring Belizean dishes like stew chicken, beans and rice, and boil up. The Belcove is in a great location and it's a great value...highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belcove Hotel, located in the very center of downtown Belize City, with a view of the Hallover Creek and the famous Swing Bridge, welcomes you to its friendly, comfortable and cozy atmosphere. This family owned and operated business, offers you the very best in personal comfort that makes each of our guests feel like a V.I.P indeed. Our clean, comfortable rooms offer you the choice of a budget or deluxe rate accommodation of your choice in single, double or triple occupancy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Belcove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belcove Hotel Belize City
- Belcove Hotel Belize/Belize City