“Eco Tours to the rescue” 5 of 5 stars

011-501-223-4874
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Ecological Tours & Services is the source for the best of Belizean adventures, extended vacations, cruise shore excursions and Belize City Shore Trips. As a destination management company and provider of unique adventure tours, we’ll take you cave tubing, snorkeling at Shark Ray Alley, We are your choice for independent shore excursions and adventure vacations in Belize.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Eco Tours to the rescue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our day did not start out well at all. We were on the Carnival Legend and they have NOOOO control of the tender process. We got down at the time that we were told to get our tender ticket to get ashore. We were group #6 to get off the boat so we figured it would be in the second wave of people which left us plenty of time. During the second wave a group of 75 people got up and stormed out in front of us (tickets ranging anywhere from 4-12) Carnival did NOTHING at all to stop them. Then when everyone freaked out all Carnival did was shrug their shoulders. So needless to say my head was about to explode since I knew we were going to miss our excursion time. We got ashore at 9:40 for our 9:30 depature excursion NOT GOOD!!

Never fear Eco Tour was here. They had another excursion leaving 30 minutes after ours and put us on that one. Seeing that I was clearly flustered they reassured me I was on island time and to relax and enjoy my day they would take care of us. we boarded the boat with Leon, Jose, and Richard as our guides. Once we got to Goff's Caye for our day my wife looked at her watch. We would be cutting it very very close to get back to the last tender and she got worried. (Now keep in mind we are two of the most laid back people in the world but this day had us all over the map) I spoke to Leon when we got off the boat and told him our problem and said my wife was worried if we have boat problems or any issues going back we would miss the tender. I also asked if we could cut our time short and take back the boat 30 minutes earlier for peace of mind. He said he would not allow me to allow Carnival to ruin my day lol he also pulled my wife aside and promised her he would personally take us to the boat if we had any problems. He also made her promise him we would leave the stress on the dock and enjoy our day, he was a professional and would take care of us. We were shocked at how great he was along with the staff at the dock reassuring us all was ok. We relaxed and the day was GREAT.

We went out to snorkel over the reef which was very rough on this day. Visibility was only 50% which sucked but you can't do anything about mother nature. We could still see clear as day in the shallows over the reef however in the deeper water it was a little cloudy. We saw several different fish and the coral was beautiful. Richard caught a lobster and brought it up for everyone to see which was cool.

Back on the island we had two lunch options Chicken for $8 Lobster for $10 each come with rice and beans. Food was great and rum punch was good. We hung out with Richard for awhile talking about Belize and different areas to come back and visit, we are thinking of taking a vacation there later this year. He gave us great tips for the area and the best snorkel spots to go to.

I highly reccomend this company they were first class from the word go. We got back 15 minutes before the last tender left the dock and made it in plenty of time. Our day started out stressful but turned into one of our best excursions we have ever taken. It was a great day on the beautiful island of Goff's Caye.

Visited January 2013

York, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Outstanding excursion and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked this little excursion outside of our cruise line, and were pleasantly surprised with the crew and atmosphere with Ecological Tours. Our tour guides, David, Jose, Janine, and Romeo, were very knowledgeable and their top priority was our safety. Keep in mind,though, that you will be snorkeling from a boat just off the island and work yourself back to the beach. You will not be alone in the water. Very cool reef area,saw lots of beautiful coral, sea fans, and fish. Lunch was pretty cool, and they offered plenty of rum punch. If you don't like travel by boat or very small islands skip this trip, but if you want away from the crowds and experience the island life, don't miss this!

Aiken, SC
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Ecological Tours Saved the Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

After we discovered that our planned tour with Coral Breeze Tours had left without us, we scrambled to find something else to do in Belize. We encountered a very polite gentleman with Ecological Tours who offered us a couple of different options, and we decided to go with one that took us by boat to a small island that had good snorkeling along a reef and a nice beach to relax. This whole island was probably no larger than my yard, but was very serene and relaxing. There was also a group there grilling chicken and lobster for sale for lunch, which was very good. The guides with Ecological Tours were all very competent and stayed with the group as we snorkeled around the reef and swam up to the beach.

Visited November 2012
moored2
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful Island and great tour company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

After our cave tubing was canceled, we were left scrambling to find something to do. We found ecotours belize and had a great time with them. The snorkeling was wonderful, the guides top notch. The food was really cheap, $10 for a lobster tail and the free run punch was excellent. They got us back to the port with plenty of time to shop and grab a local beer before returning the the cruise ship

Visited January 2013
Tucson AZ
“Lamanai Mayan Ruins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked this tour independent from the Cruise Ship. This was an excellent tour and our guides Randy and Alberto were very informative and attentive. In Belize all cruise ships are anchored off shore and passengers are tendered ashore. This makes for a very early start and an extra long day. Something to take into consideration if you have elderly people in your group or young children. We were up at 6am, off the ship on the first tender right about 7:15am and on shore by 7:45am. We were to check in 15 minutes prior to our scheduled tour time of 8:30am. Unfortunately for us prepared early birds, others booked on this tour obviously got off to a late start and set us all running late as the tour company did wait for them which set us back almost 45 minutes. This seemed to set our entire day on "rush mode" which was unfortunate.
Once most of our group was accounted for we left on a bus for an hour ride to a small village called "Carmalita" where we then transferred to a river boat on the "New River" for an hour ride to the ruins. Our tour guide on the boat "Alberto" was fantastic and stopped the boat to show us crocodile, birds, and even a Spyder Monkey that my son got to feed a banana! Once to the ruins we enjoyed a fabulous lunch of local cuisine and then set off through the jungle on foot to three different ruin sites. Wear good walking/hiking shoes! The ground is very uneven due to the roots of huge trees and rocks. Our guide "Randy" educated us on the plants and animals of the area. We got to climb the tallest ruin in the area. It's very steep and only one skinny rope to hold onto on the way down, but the view from the top is worth the jelly legs if you're afraid of heights like I am. We didn't have much time to explore the ruins which was disappointing and there were four cruise ships in Belize the day we visited so this site and we heard all other tourist sites were jam packed. We didn't have time to shop at the little huts at the ruins as the bathroom line was so long and with an hour boat ride ahead I felt that took priority. The boat ride back was very fast and fun as we zipped thought the water ways to make up time and get back on time to catch the last tender to our ship. We did however stop to see some Bats on a tree trunk that eventually flew at my son as he had a hard time seeing them so Alberto got the boat (and my son) extra close and they all flew, he sure saw them then!
I hope to go back to Belize and explore this site and other areas of this stunning island independent of crowds, so we have more time to really see it. I do recommend this tour with this company, just know it's a long day and with time restraints can feel quite rushed.
If you got to Belize and want an adventurous fun day I do recommend this tour with this company. Enjoy!

Visited December 2012