“No Problem with Cruise Ship Departure Time” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Sports Belize offers daily diving and snorkeling trips to visit Belize's most popular reefs along the Belize Barrier Reef, Turneffe and Lighthouse Atolls. Our Wildlife Encounter tours are also very popular with families and our fishing charters popular with anglers! Come see Belize with us for the day, or spend a week with us exploring more of Belize! Scuba instruction is also available. We do it with LOVE!
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
“No Problem with Cruise Ship Departure Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Norwegian did not offer a scuba dive package due to the boat departing at 4:00. I took the risk of scheduling a two tank dive with Sea Sports. They were only 2 blocks away from the cruise ship terminal. We waited an hour after I got there for 3 additional divers, only 2 eventually showed up. It took 45 minutes to get to the dive site. There were 12 foot swells on the other side of the reef, but it was not problem getting into and out of the boat. On the first dive the visibility was limited and one of the divers had marginal swimming ability and had to suface. I went up with her and lost the rest of the group. I took her to the boat and went back in. Luckily
I quickly found the other divers and dive master. The second dive had much better visibility.

Bring sun screen. Forgot my hat and burned my face and ears due to the intense sun while on the boat ride. We got back with an hour to spare. I was on the same tender as my wife, who took a Norwegian sponsered kayak tour.

Don't worry about making the cruise ship timeline. You will have time to do the 2 tank dive because

Vancouver, Canada
“Professional snorkeling guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just returned from visiting Belize and its beautiful reefs! Decided to book Sea Sports Belize after many great reviews. Booking online was very easy - Linda Serle was very responsive with your questions and accommodated our schedule given that we were travelling on a cruise ship and had a very tight timeline. The excursion was about 6 hours long and included two onboard staff and a huge, local lunch plate - with rice, beans, coleslaw and baked chicken - served on the pier of one the nearby Cayes (and our only bathroom stop). Two separate locations for snorkeling, one before lunch and one after lunch. The snorkel equipment they had available when we were there wasn't the best condition so bring your own if you have them. We just used their fins. The two staff on our boat, Jamal and Victoria, both locals and experienced snorkelers/divers, were amazing and helped make this snorkel experience one of my best. Victoria was right in the water with the group and made sure that everyone was comfortable with their masks, made sure the beginners were safe and close by and even pointed out interesting marine life in the water while we were snorkeling. Jamal gave me the pep talk I needed to overcome any initial fears before going right in. We saw amazing and colorful corals (many still alive) as well as a whole variety of colorful fish. Would definitely be back and would highly recommend using this company!

Whitehorse, Canada
“Great diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great diving near Belize City - lunch on on the Caye soaking up the sun bewtween dives - nice small dive group. Nice reefs

Richmond, TX
3 attraction reviews
“Hol Chan Marine Reserve with Sea Sports Belize”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our group of four snorkeled and experience the Discover Scuba at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley with Sea Sports. Although we were in sunny Belize on a day in March when it was cold and rainy, the trip was worth the discomfort. John is a passionate and patient scuba instructor who took great care of our three beginning divers. They all felt completely comfortable and safe. I snorkeled with Garrett and had a fantastic time. I have never seen so many amazing different fish in one place. The Hol Chan Reserve is a must see even though it is a long boat ride out from Belize City. Next, we stopped at Shark Ray Alley and snorkeled with some rays and sharks. We were served a delicious Belize lunch on the boat....be sure and taste the hot sauce. Our only regret was that the rest of our group didn't want to stop at an island on the way back. We will definitely tour with Sea Sports again if we return to beautiful Belize hopefully on a sunny day!!!

Columbus, Ohio
24 attraction reviews
“Good dive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Linda was a great dive master and clearly knew both dives and what we should expect to see. We are experienced divers but the shop did not let us venture on our own, that was a little frustrating. We had to stay within a close distance of her and she was still concerned when we got back on the boat that we had strayed too far. I understand the concern and risk, just know what you are signing up for!

Visited February 2013

Been to Sea Sports Belize? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sea Sports Belize, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.