“Belize's Excursion Jewel-Cavetubing.bz (Vitalino Reyes)” 5 of 5 stars

501-602-8975
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: This cave tubing experience is with one of the cave tubing pioneers in Belize. Those touring with cavetubing.bz will be educated about the country of Belize, the flora and fauna, the history of the ancient Maya, and the geological and archaeological information about the cave and the area. We have experience with taking care of guests of most ages and conditions, and the comfort and safety of our people is of utmost concern to us. Tours take place in Cayo District, an hour outside of Belize City.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Stevenson Ranch, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Belize's Excursion Jewel-Cavetubing.bz (Vitalino Reyes)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I am so pleased that our group of 10 booked with cavetubing.bz. Vitalino was such a delight to correspond with. He was extremely quick in responding to all my email questions about his excursions (and I had a lot). He did not ask for a deposit and his prices were extremely reasonable. We had no problems whatsoever in finding Vitalino's people/shuttles. His instructions were very thorough. Our group split up because we wanted to do different things in Belize. Seven people in my group went cave tubing and ziplining and three of us went cave tubing and visited the ruin Altun Ha. After the excursions all of us compared our stories and we all agreed that we made the right choice by going with Vitalino's company. Vitalino personally met our group and directed us to the shuttles we needed to take for our respective excursions. I can't boast enough about the cave tubing experience. It was wonderful. The scenery was breathtaking. I must brag about the fact that cavetubing.bz does not make you carry your tube for the 30 minute hike it takes to get to the start off point for tubing. There were lots of groups of tourists who used other companies (either through the cruiselines or private companies) that had to carry their own tubes. At one point, one tourist asked our group how come we weren't carrying tubes. Our tour guide Jorge told them it was because cavetubing.bz was the only tubing company that spoiled their guests by carrying our tubes for us. And sure enough when we were about to get into the water cavetubing.bz had 2 guys that were standing with a huge pile of tubes for their guests only. I was so glad that I happen to have $10 on me to tip these guys who worked so hard transferring all those tubes for our benefit. I really appreciated not having to trek 30 minutes while carrying a tube. After our cavetubing excursion we made a pitstop at Vitalino's family restaurant where they fed us a delicious lunch of beans, rice and chicken. Our tour guide Jorge was very knowledgeable and a lot of fun. I am so thrilled that we have such wonderful memories of our time in Belize and that is all thanks to Vitalino and his wonderful staff who worked so hard to make our day so memorable. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. My advice to all, take the time to do excursion research on the ports you visit. It's time consuming but it's so worth it. I have been cruising for over 20 years and I choose to book the majority of my excursions through privately owned family businesses. The cruise lines overcharge for excursions. Read the Trip Advisor reviews. They truly do help.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The best tour company by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We recently took the cave tubing tour with Vitalino and our group of 9 and we were more than pleased! These people were so professional and informative. They were great with our children as well, ensuring our safety and keeping things fun and interesting. Vitalino's tour guides carried all of our tubes up to the start of the river tour beforehand. We saw other companies had their guests schlep their own tubes on their backs all the way up, which is about half an hour or so.
Our guides had us try eating termites, gave us mini "tattoos" with a plant and told us so much about the flora and fauna, they made the hike up the river a great experience on it's own.
On the tour down the river itself, we saw people from our cruise ship (on the tour offered by the ship) being rushed quickly down the river, madly paddling along so that they could finish quickly while our group had a great time floating down and being shown everything without being rushed.
Vitalino's tours also go right down to the bottom of the river while many others stopped directly after exiting the caves.
Lunch at Vitalino's afterwards was plentiful and absolutely delicious, enjoyed even by picky kids! The chicken and rice were just amazing and we all had second helpings :)
All in all, this tour with Vitalino was the highlight of all of our cruise excursions.
Be sure to book with cavetubing.bz and Vitalino, his family owned company is the right choice!

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“CHOSE THE RIGHT GUIDE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife's mother had a friend that told us whatever we did on our Belize trip, don't waste our money on cave tubing. Well, we didn't listen and I'm sooooo glad we didn't! I heard of the tour by Vitalino from Hotel de la Fuente in Orange Walk. This wasn't the same company my mother-in-law's friend used so we decided to book it. Our guide was Sied (sounds like "Sigh eed") and he made the trip! I don't know what he eats for breakfast, but he sure had a lot of energy! We weren't on a cruise so Sied said he could make the tour last as long as we wanted. He was actually one of nicest people I met in Belize and after a day, and by the end of the day I considered him a good friend. He led the cave tour with just he, my wife, and myself while telling us history of Mayan use of jungle vegetation for medicine and utility along the way. Great value! Came with a free lunch, free alcoholic drinks, and entertainment! And believe me, they make sure you've had enough to eat. If you don't want seconds, don't clean your plate. And you better tell them you're driving later or the rum and punch will keep flowin'! Don't get this tour group confused with the other tour company. Most of their positive rating is going to come from Vitiliano's trips. I almost reviewed their services by accident myself because they've copied his name to get ratings. Vitiliano is the original cavetubing.bz. He also has horses for horseback riding and will pick you up from anywhere in the country and take you anywhere you want to go (including Tikal).

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Over-promised and under-achieved”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I recently booked a combo cave-tubing and
Mayan ruins (altun-ha) tour for the day. We reserved this tour months in advance based on positive reviews of this company. We have travelled extensively in the
Caribbean are familiar with standard tour practices.

While we were extremely disappointed in many aspects of this tour, I must say that the guides and the destination (cave-tubing) were quite enjoyable. However, we were seriously disappointed after the day. We arrived in Belize on time, in fact we were the first people off the ship as we had priority debarkation. We located the tour vendor easily enough, and then proceeded to wait, and wait for some action. We, and others as they drifted off the ship, waited to be assigned to smaller tour groups. We waited and watched as others with smaller tour packages, who had arrived later than we had, left before us. We were repeatedly asked, what tour package we had purchased, over and over again. Others continued to leave before us, even though we were first and we had the longer day and tighter schedule. All the while, we were assured that we would be able to make both destinations.

We were finally assigned to a driver to take us cave-tubing, and then again we were constantly assured we would be transferred to someone for the ruins. The cave tubing was fun, but as we approached lunchtime, the driver finally admitted that there was insufficient time remaining to go to the ruins. This was the first time anyone admitted this. We had been looking forward to seeing the ruins, as well as caving, and had purposely sought out a more expensive tour to cover both of these options.

When I expressed my disappointment to the cashier at the restaurant ( a Vitalino employee), she had no interest in doing anything about this oversight other than collect my money for the cave-tubing. I asked for the 10% that they had been offering for months, she said it expired yesterday. She was unwilling to extend any courtesy for the botched arrangements. By the way, they have now extended the 10% discount that she was unwilling to offer.

The bottom line is I would be extremely wary of this company, especially if you are booking combo tours. They are extremely disorganized. We waited for an hour before leaving, and then didn't get our agreed upon tour. When challenged, the company representatives were unwilling to acknowledge any wrongdoing on their part. This company is only interested in mass bookings. If your choice doesn't fit their schedule, it's not going to happen. Furthermore, they will not tell you this up front in order to prevent you from walking. We will not do business with them again for these reasons.

While I'm at it, I would also say this about the cave-tubing.
it is fun, but crowded. This company does not advertise the details of the tubing. My wife and I and in decent shape and did not have trouble with the tour; however, it would probably be beneficial to understand the physical demands of the tour. You must walk for about 1/2 hour through a rainforest, carrying a tube. I could see this being tough for some. I would recommend smaller companies that are able to promise and deliver, instead of this company that is more interested in herding people into categories that suit the company's needs.

Visited December 2013
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Best cave tubing in Belize”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

What an amazing adventure with Cavetubing.bz! We went on the cave tubing adventure our last day of our honeymoon in Belize. The owner, Vitalino Reyes, was very pleasant and accommodating when setting up the tour. Our guide Jonathan picked us up and was with us all day. He was professional, knowledgeable and fun! We walked away both feeling like we learned more about Belize as a country and culture than we’d learned the whole week we were there. They also serve and amazing lunch that we both felt was the best meal we’d had all week. We loved every minute of it and are so happy we chose to go with Cavetubing.bz. It was our best overall experience of the trip!

Visited November 2013