“hideaway in Belize City” 5 of 5 stars

D'Nest Inn
475 Cedar Street, Belama Phase ll, Belize City, Belize   |
Ranked #4 of 25 Belize City B&B and Inns
East coast
“hideaway in Belize City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

Our stay at D'Nest Inn on our last night in Belize was the perfect send-off. We were a bit tired from our travels around Belize and Guatemala, and were delighted by our hosts, Gaby and Oti, their super-cute grandchildren, and their beautiful garden.

The house is elegantly decorated with antiques, and we loved the decor of our room. Gaby and Oty invited us to come to dinner at a delectable local diner. They prepared a delicious breakfast in the morning with local fruits and fresh-squeezed orange juice.

• Stayed January 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2007

D'Nest was initially simply a reasonably-priced Inn in Belize City to stay at before we went to Ambergis Caye the next day. Otty and Gabby were such amazing hosts, and we had such a terrific time on our first day, that after we retruned from the Caye, we stayed at D'Nest three more nights (one before going to Chan Chich and two after Chan Chich). Chan Chich was truly amazing, but D'Nest ranked as high as Chan Chich when comparing the hospitality we received and the fun we had. My wife and I strongly recommend staying there. It was so great that I am writing this review over seven months later after having reviewed the pictures from our trip. If I had digital copies, I would share them.

• Liked — The hosts, the garden, and the food.
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask the hosts for their recommendations on places to eat and visit.
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
MISPLACED TEXAN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2007

We were unable to catch our flight out of Belize City to PG, so fortunately we had a back-up reservation at D'Nest. What a pleasant unplanned event. Oty and Gabby are gracious hosts and their home is beautiful. It is on the canal and the gardens are lush. And talk about the best fry jacks in Belize - yum yum! The rooms are comfortable and clean. Oty and Gabby were instrumental in making sure our visit was relaxing and we would definitely recommend it to any traveler.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

I am a Belizean who normally stays with family when I go home. This visit was for my family reunion, so since there were so many relatives in town and I was travelling with two close friends, I decided to find a hotel or guest house. I cannot actually take credit for finding D'Nest Inn, it was actually one of my friends who was travelling with me.

For my two friends who travelled with me, it was their first visit to Belize, and I really wanted them to love it. D'Nest Inn did not disappoint. It was a beautifully decorated home and lush property in a quiet neighborhood owned by Gaby and Oty, who made us feel like family. The rooms are so charming and the A/C was wonderful. Each morning Oty served us a delicious breakfast, and she and Gaby sat and ate and chatted with us until we had to rush off to the day's activities.

When it was time to leave Belize, my friends and I were all sad to go. I'm always sad to leave Belize, because it's home for me, but I felt a sense of pride knowing that my friends felt that way too, and that is due, in large part, to the time spent with Gaby and Oty at D'Nest Inn. We can't wait to go back.

• Liked — The rooms, the breakfast, the location, the owners.
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything I didn't like.
  • Tips/Secrets — Definitely choose D'Nest Inn.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2006

They welcomed us with a "welcome home" greeting and really felt at home! The room we stayed in was great! It was a superb way to end a 13 day trip to Belize. We stayed 2 nights. To top it all off, one of the nights we had a Barn Owl swoop down quietly in front of us. We went to Belize for the water sports and birding and again, a wonderful way to end our vacation! I highly recommend the D'Nest Inn

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Leandro, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

My boyfriend and I spent a week in Belize: 3 nights inland, 3 nights in the cayes, and one night in Belize City at D'Nest Inn. The owners, Oty and Gabby, were the most gracious hosts we had come across our whole trip there (and we thought everyone in Belize had been very friendly up to that point). When we got there, we were sweaty, hungry, and tired from traveling that day. They made us feel right at home, brought us some refreshing cold face towels, and ordered us some food to be delivered to our room right away. After being there for a few hours, my boyfriend said that he wished he could stay in Belize longer just so he could stay at D'Nest Inn longer. The room (we stayed in the Dove's Nest) was very charming and comfortable. The bed was the most comfortable one we had slept in all week, and we had stayed some some very reputable places. Our stay was finished off with a fabulous home-cooked breakfast (honey-drizzled grapefruit, fried "jacks", beans, eggs with a delicious chili sauce, fresh-squeezed orange juice, excellent Belizean coffee... yummy). We will definitely be staying at D'Nest Inn again, and the next time for longer. Very highly recommended.

• Liked — Comfortable room, wonderful hosts
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

Based on previous reviews on this site, I chose the D'Nest Inn for two nights in Belize City. It really is a sweet place, so if you have a need to overnight in Belize City you should stay here. It is close to the airport and quite comfy.

The purpose of my trip was diving, and in the future I will fly on out to Ambergris (or wherever) as soon as I arrive at the airport. As this was my first trip to Belize, though, I had decided to spend a day checking out the city. As you can tell, in my brief 40 hours there, I didn't find very much to be redeeming about the city... except for D'Nest Inn and its splendid hosts, Gabby and Otty. Delightful rooms, nice touches with the linens, decorating etc, and extremely comfortable, cool and safe. The gardens that flank all four sides of the home are carefully tended and are bursting with color. A very carefully prepared breakfast was served each day, featuring nice fresh fruits, veggies, eggs, etc. The hosts go beyond what is expected and were very helpful. I must say that the conversations I had with them were among the highlights of my brief stay in the city.

So... when in Belize City... stay here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belize City
Villa Boscardi
Villa Boscardi
#2 of 25 in Belize City
4.5 of 5 stars 147 reviews

Been to D'Nest Inn? Share your experiences!