“Comfortable and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 Belize City B&B and Inns
Kimberley, Canada
“Comfortable and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here last night as we began our stay in Belize. Mikael picked us up at the airport with a smile and a warm welcome. Once we arrived at the Inn his wife and children greeted us. Very cute! We also enjoyed the cold beverage with an umbrella in it. :) Our room was bright and perfect. The beds comfortable and the AC was welcomed. Thank you for breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I needed a place for the night as I was on my way to Guatemala. I didn't want to spend much money and this place was perfect! Great staff, very helpful and friendly. My room was clean and neat, perfect for the night or even two. I would definitely stay here again while passing through!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Merida, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Spending some days at the Bakadeer Inn was a wonderful experience! Very clean rooms, family environment, great reception, it was like being at home. Definitely, I'm coming back! Maybe for my honeymoon?? ;-)
Thank you for everything you did for me!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I arrived from San Ignacio on a late morning bus. The taxi driver knew right where to go. I was tired, hungry and hot. The hostess greeted me warmly and assessed my situation and offered a rum punch. I declined but I took her up on the breakfast she also offered. One day I asked for orange juice and she left the building returning with oranges for squeezing, such a treat!

She handed me a map, marked our location, suggested streets for safe walking, told me because it was Sunday, few stores or restaurants were open! She gave the safety lecture, she provided cards with address and phone numbers in case I needed help.
I was there for 2 nights and enjoyed our chats about Belize and many other topics.

Like everyone says, it is clean and comfortable, has great WiFi, television and honest, friendly and welcoming people. Location is a minor problem but what can you do about that?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Yes, the neighborhood is sketchy, yes there are dogs barking, yes, the neighbor next door is louder than loud.

No, it is not the type of hotel you want to chill in all day long, and I don't think it is its vocation anyway.

The hotel is 15 mn on foot from the bus station. From there, you can go pretty much anywhere in the city and the country. There is also a taxi station around the corner. The fares are very low in US dollars, and if you have any doubt as to how much it is going to cost you, simply ask the receptionist.
It is also 15 mn away by car from the international airport, and 10 mn from the water taxi terminal.

The rooms are not particularly pretty, but they are very clean. And so are the bathrooms. I don't remember if there is an AC unit, as I don't use the AC, but there is a fan, a TV, with a wide selection of channels, and the internet. And the connection is excellent.

You can order breakfast the night before, it is not included in the price and it will be served in the patio at the time you indicated. The breakfast is simple, but good and filling.

You can also have your laundry done, in my very case, it took no longer than an hour.

A big thumbs up to Mr. and Mrs. Sosa, the manager and the manager respectively, not only for the way they manage their establishment, but also for their always friendly and helpful attitude. Mrs. Sosa wrapped my breakfast in a heartbeat when I suddenly decided I was going on an excursion at 7 in the morning, she systematically provided me useful and honest information, and advice for my different trips out of town.
Mr. Sosa offered me a ride to the water taxi terminal because "it was on his way".

In a nutshell, they made me feel home, and I thank them very much for that.

Next time I'm going to Belize City, that's where I'm staying.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
World Travellign
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I traveled to Belize as a female by myself, having read many stories about violence in the city etc I was nervous. I booked Bakadeer as it seemed to offer everything straight from the hotel at a very reasonable rate. They lived up to their website. Mikael picked me up from the airport and took me to the hotel which was clean and comfortable. He is very excited about what Belize has to offer but honest about the problems Belize is having. He took me on the Lamanai tour the next day which was great and then threw in a tour around Belize city telling me the history of the city and of Belize. The Hotel has wifi which always worked while I was there and cable TV with some great movie channels. All the staff are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay there again if I go back to Belize.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Mikael S, General Manager at Bakadeer Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Hi Heather,

Glad to hear you got back safely, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to serving you sometime in the future again!!
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My booking agency gave it 4 stars. More like two. Room was stark and grim, but at least clean. Light over mirror was burned out. Big international selection on tv, but Wifi only worked in lobby. A/C unit antiquated. Noisy and sketchy neighborhood. Only decent restaurant in area was closed for a private party. Staff was friendly but gave me wrong info on ferry schedule causing me to wait at the terminal an extra 90 minutes.
There were other comments here about good food but nothing was offered in the morning. Not even coffee available. Only one other visitor. Inn appears to be on the skids.

Room Tip: Find another hotel