“Great Potential But No Attention To Detail” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Belize City Princess Hotel

You added Ramada Belize City Princess Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Belize City Princess Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Newton Barracks | Kings Park, Belize City, Belize (Formerly Princess Hotel & Casino)   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Belize City
Springfield, MO
“Great Potential But No Attention To Detail”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week with a group of 23 people. The service was shoddy and very inconsistent. Some of us got fresh towels every day ... others got no fresh towels. Some of us had a hair dryer in the room ... others had none. Some of us got bottled water every day ... others got none. The electricity went off for quite some time one morning. Every day we had to have our room cards "recharged" as they would not open our doors from day to day. The parking lot is full of ruts and holes and bumps and parking is very limited. It's true there is a bowling alley and a movie theater but we didn't use those, so I can't comment on them. The restaurant was adequate, but there again one had to ask for silverware or remind the staff to put milk out for cereal, etc. There was absolutely no attention to detail and no one seemed to take pride in the appearance of the hotel. Several in our group had to change rooms once or more than once because they had no air conditioning. There are "safes" in the room, but they are not attached to anything and they don't work. The grounds could have been lovely, but they were unkempt and run down. A "take out" box of left-over food was left open, sitting out, and calling flies on the 3rd floor outside hall area for two days before I requested that someone take care of it and they finally did. I could go on, but I think you get the picture. I'd suggest the Best Western or the Radisson.

Room Tip: Leave a tip and a note of what you want done in your room -- that seemed to help.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

For those of you have never been to Belize City, don't expect much. The Princess Hotel & Casino is one of the very few options for staying in in the whole city. The hotel was more then adequate though. It provided the "all inclusive" feel providing activities like a bowling alley, movie theatre, night shows (adult only), a casino, and a pool. The rooms were nice, providing hot water and air conditioning. The hotels wifi was "iffy", only being accessible from the lobby. The facilities were nice but hospitality was sub-par. The front desk clerks were rude and actually lost our reservation. They claimed to have searched for it but I highly doubt it. We ended up paying twice. I wouldn't visit Belize City again but if I had to, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I live in NYC and brought a few friends out to Belize they loved the princess hotel and casino, one of my friends did die on this trip but the manager was very sympathetic towards us... Tho the situation was bad the kindness of the staff was very helpful and appreciated , besides the room were spacious clean and tidy , the pool is the best and the bar outside is very nice and has great drinks we enjoyed it before my friend passed but again great hotel speaking as a native belizean...

• Stayed July 2012
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Do not go here. The hospitality is the worst I have seen so far. The front desk women were rude, very unhelpful and wrong in much of their advice. One woman insisted all the boats to the cayes were cancelled and when I urged her to call and check the next boat was in fact leaving in 30 minutes. The rooms are average and clean. The breakfast was not good. No coffee and all the staff were feeding themselves from the buffet. Many better places to stay in Belize city.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Princess was an awful place to spend part of my vacation. We had to demand they give us another room due to flooding. We had to demand another room three times. Every time we went to the front desk they were not willing to help. We were in a large travel group and it was complete chaos getting the rooms sorted out. Some rooms were singles when we were told they were doubles. Some people in our group had their toilet back up and flood their entire bathroom. They told the front desk several times 6 hours later it was still not fixed, the front desk gave them another room after some arguing. In that room there was people already staying in it so they had to go get another room. Eight hours later they had a room. I'm glad we did not spend much time at The Princess. I will never recommend the hotel and I will never be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Not even close to the bad reviews. The pool was amazing. From our top floor room (great views of city & ocean ) we saw how custom made it was. Had a huge crown in it. Room was great too! Big tv and nice bathroom. Resturant was very cheap and food was worthy of food network. I mean 6 USD for a steak sandwiche? Thats a steal. Very friendly staff btw. Make sure to tip em. And the metal detectors arent that bad (as previous reviewers have stated ) in Belize City, you cant be too careful.
Over all great place and would recommend it in a heartbeat! :)

Room Tip: Ask for 6th floor near pool view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was great! Staff, especially Ashante were also very helpful. Stranded at the airport after a 3 week stay in Belize- we were forced to stay in Belize City. After all we had heard, we were scared. My wife, 12 year old son and I. Someone suggested another major chain hotel in the area at 2 times the price plus! Quickly trying to make a booking for the hotels discounted rate on line, my son was reading reviews to me and I was hesitant to say the least. But, I needed a place for 3 nights, and the other hotel would have wiped our budget out.

I was shocked when we arrived! The Princess Hotel & Casino was absolute perfect. Sure, some weird smell is in lobby floor area- from the sea perhaps. But, Lobby was grand spacious, with 2 movie theatres, restaurant, coffee shop. Greeted by Ashante at the desk, who was super helpful and understood our situation. She made numerous calls for me to airport and gave clear directions and made us feel warm and welcomed! The place is still going through some new renovations, like pool bar and other public space stuff. Our room was wonderful, 6th floor, new decor, super clean with large bathroom, TV, AC and was by far the best hotel we stayed in our entire time in Belize. I don't know what these other people are talking about regards the pool and other items. The pool was "HUGE" and clean and very inviting. We admired our room and ran to it. While at the pool we met other travelers, and a large student group that was traveling all of Belize. We all spoke of how nice it was and how suprised we were compared to what we had read. New beds, furnishings, fridge in room, a safe.

I asked the security guard if a cheap family restaurant was near by, and he gave me directions to one. Later, at dinner time we decided to "splurge" in the main floor restaurant... which turned out to not be a "splurge" at all! The steak sandwich with fries and cole slaw was less then 6 USD, I had a large portion of fish and chips for under 6 usd, and service was great! Super friendly staff all around. In the AM, we took advantage of the breakfast buffet included. Large variety of fruits, cereals, breads, meats and an omlette bar, juices, coffee etc!

I can't say enough about our great stay here. I would recommend it to friends and family and would for sure stay there again on my next visit to Belize. Perfect for big groups too-
also had a health club and spa, which we never got to use, but looked great

Room Tip: Tell the desk clerk at check in what you want, we compromised a smoking room for top floor views. Al...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Belize City Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!