This hotel was great! Staff, especially Ashante were also very helpful. Stranded at the airport after a 3 week stay in Belize- we were forced to stay in Belize City. After all we had heard, we were scared. My wife, 12 year old son and I. Someone suggested another major chain hotel in the area at 2 times the price plus! Quickly trying to make a booking for the hotels discounted rate on line, my son was reading reviews to me and I was hesitant to say the least. But, I needed a place for 3 nights, and the other hotel would have wiped our budget out.
I was shocked when we arrived! The Princess Hotel & Casino was absolute perfect. Sure, some weird smell is in lobby floor area- from the sea perhaps. But, Lobby was grand spacious, with 2 movie theatres, restaurant, coffee shop. Greeted by Ashante at the desk, who was super helpful and understood our situation. She made numerous calls for me to airport and gave clear directions and made us feel warm and welcomed! The place is still going through some new renovations, like pool bar and other public space stuff. Our room was wonderful, 6th floor, new decor, super clean with large bathroom, TV, AC and was by far the best hotel we stayed in our entire time in Belize. I don't know what these other people are talking about regards the pool and other items. The pool was "HUGE" and clean and very inviting. We admired our room and ran to it. While at the pool we met other travelers, and a large student group that was traveling all of Belize. We all spoke of how nice it was and how suprised we were compared to what we had read. New beds, furnishings, fridge in room, a safe.
I asked the security guard if a cheap family restaurant was near by, and he gave me directions to one. Later, at dinner time we decided to "splurge" in the main floor restaurant... which turned out to not be a "splurge" at all! The steak sandwich with fries and cole slaw was less then 6 USD, I had a large portion of fish and chips for under 6 usd, and service was great! Super friendly staff all around. In the AM, we took advantage of the breakfast buffet included. Large variety of fruits, cereals, breads, meats and an omlette bar, juices, coffee etc!
I can't say enough about our great stay here. I would recommend it to friends and family and would for sure stay there again on my next visit to Belize. Perfect for big groups too-
also had a health club and spa, which we never got to use, but looked great
- Also Known As:
- Princess Hotel And Casino
- Princess Hotel
- Princess Hotel Belize City
- Princess Casino
- Princess Hotel & Casino Belize/Belize City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Princess Hotel and Casino is strategically located in the central business district of Belize City. With 170 newly renovated ocean view rooms, it boasts the largest entertainment center in the country to include Las Vegas Style Casino, over-the-water Seafood Restaurant and bar, air conditioned indoor restaurant and bar, two cinemas showing latest releases, arcade, bowling alley, swimming pool, fitness center,nightclub,Hair Salon,massage center 24 hour room service and 24 hour reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Princess Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.