“better than average” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Belize City
Keene, New Hampshire
“better than average”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

stayed in the tower 5 nights. This is a well managed hotel. Room was very good sized very clean tile floors thru out beds were very comfortable sleep number, the front desk was very helpful all the time to all the question a tourist could ask and always a smile. there are 3 parts to the hotel and is all very clean and well appointed with artifacts of the area and country. The price of a room is fair for all the amenities that come with it in my opinion. The restaurants are wall street price for what you get and I did go to all three that are there, the food was good no problem there but outrageous pricing. we tried the restaurant across the way in the Green House hotel same thing there. there is a café called La Pete's on the property it is a bakery and coffee house very fair priced for what it is and is packed wall to wall people the food and pastries and sandwiches the best around. It is about a 10 min walk to the main city over a bridge, the walk is very safe and has a few shops to stop in along the way as well. along your walk you will be almost harassed buy the locals looking to be your guide or for a hand out or service, however with that said if you tell them NO GO AWAY they will go away and by the 3rd time there will be a police man in plain cloths that steps in I could not tell you where they come from, but they will not bother you again. all in all very nice hotel and area best of all very safe, I was not out after 9 pm, on Friday and Saturdays nights from 7 to 10 pm there is a happy hours with very loud music for this traveler it did appear every one was having a good time though .

Room Tip: if you would like fast service you need to tell them.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Online_Media_Mngr201, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hi thank you for your very detailed review of our hotel during your stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you had a marvelous time and that our employees were able to exceed your expectations.

Regarding our restaurants and price offerings there, we have tried to create a balance in offering menu items ranging from $11.00US to $25.00US in each of our restaurants for entrees which is comparable to other restaurants not just in the area but in the city as well. We are happy to see that our Le Petit cafe in our Villa Annex was able to meet your needs in value and satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here at the Radisson Fort George Hotel & Marina Belize.

pamela.gideon@radissonbelize.bz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Laconia, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had a room on the third floor with a beautiful view over the garden and pool to the sea across the shore road. Hotel is attractive on first glance, but on closer inspection there was chipped paint, plaster, missing grout, etc. The A/C in the room was weak. A better maintenance program would have improved the rating. The staff tried hard and were friendly. Indeed, the lady in the gift shop was one of the nicest people we met in Belize. Lunch at the pool, dinners and breakfasts in the dining room were good. Free WiFi appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Online_Media_Mngr201, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and letting us know about your experience at our property.

Your kind words about our employees are very much appreciated, they are our greatest asset. Please know that we have recently gotten approval on our renovation project and as I write this reply, there are workmen carrying out the first phase of those renovations.

We hope that on your next visit to Belize and the Radisson Fort George, your impression of our facility will be one of marked improvement.

Radisson Fort George Hotel & Marina, Belize
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Nice Hotel and not many of them in Belize city .Good indoor and outdoor bar at the pool. You can book excursions from reception. Food well prepared and presented, Staff helpful but not overfriendly. They never mentioned a shuttle bus service to the airport but heard that it was the same price as a taxi anyway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hello Daragh,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know a little bit more about your stay here at the Radisson Fort George Hotel, we are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

Regarding the shuttle, I apologize if you were not made aware of this as there is normally a sign at the front desk advertising our shuttle availability and the departure times; I will ensure that this is still the case.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write back, have a wonderful day.

Radisson Fort George Hotel & Marina
Aqua Adventures Isla Mujeres
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had taken the bus overnight from Cancun, got to Belize city at 6:15 am, needed a relaxing breakfast before catching the 830 water taxi over to Caye Caulker. Walked to the hotel, had a great breakfast overlooking the caribe. Wonderful service, great food. the hotel, built in the 50's, is lovely, a showcase of many of the hardwoods that grow wild in Belize. I'm sure the rooms were great, we were headed for a much needed vacation from our Dive business on Isla Mujeres. ( and of course we dove in Belize! )

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello & thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant on your recent trip to Belize City; it is a pleasure hearing your positive words about our employees and our facilities.

I hope that on your next trip to Belize, you will make it at over night one and allow us the pleasure of hosting you here at the Radisson Fort George Hotel & Marina.

Have a wonderful day,

Radisson Fort George Hotel & Marina
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Although most of Belize City is pretty charmless, this hotel is not that bad, in comparison. The rooms are okay: nothing to rave about but more than adequate. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. On our first night, we went to one of the 2 restaurants in the hotel that share a common kitchen and we didn't particularly like the food. But the next day, we went out to the pool (the so-called main pool-not the pool servicing the "Annex" where our room was) and were really delighted to see that they served a lot of meals on heated stones. Not only is there no need for oil or butter, but each customer can cook their meal to their desired doneness. We made sure, if we were at the hotel for mealtime, to have every meal on heated stones, lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: We were in the annex, far from the hotel's restaurants and bars, so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Online_Media_Mngr201, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi and thank you for taking time out to review our hotel. We are very pleased that you felt welcomed by our employees and that they were able to make a positive impact on your stay. We are encouraged by your comments but note that you were not very impressed with our main restaurants. Please know that I have notified our food and beverage manager so that he may review his department's short comings in order to offer a more satisfactory product.

Once again, thank you so much for letting us know about your stay and we look forward to improving in an effort to offer you a better service.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Radisson Fort George Hotel
Gretna, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am writing this review while at the radisson. My husband and i arrived this morning, waited outside of the airport for the hotel shuttle that never arrived. The hotel had the dates mixed up. They asked that we send our itinerary so they can see when we would arrive, which we did, but they still got it wrong. The shuttle was there on yesterday and no one was there to put us up today. Had to take a taxi. $25 Total. When we arrived at the hotel was immediately greeted by concierge and he assisted with our luggage, excellent. The lady at the front desk was also very friendly. I explained to her what happened with the shuttle and confirmed they would not charge my bill for the shuttle, she said that would not be a problem and apologized for the confusion. My husband and i had lunch poolside. We had the jerk chicken on stone plate which was good and the nachos, which was not so good. Poolside is also a little on the pricey side. We went walking out to the pier across the street that was nice and quiet. We were the only ones on the pier... We were told its quiet in belize city on sundays. For dinner we went back to poolside because our options were limited. Could not leave the grounds because we were told it is too dangerous to walk at night. My husband had snapper with beans/rice and potato salad, delicious! I had the pizza. It was awful. Drinks poolside, ok. The room is nice. We were in 109. Had a walkout patio, which was nice... Could sit out there for hours. The bed was also very comfortable. Across the street is a cafe which had very little selection when we went there. Did not buy anything. There is also another pool across the street. Across the street is part of the radisson property but it doesn't look at nice as where we stayed.. Needs renovations. For someone that is just passing through and you are on to another location this hotel will do the job. I would want to be here for more than 2 days. Would stay again for a short stopover only.

Room Tip: Take the room on the bottom floor it was nice and quiet and i truly enjoyed the patio. The rooms on...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Online_Media_Mngr201, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here at the Radisson Fort George Hotel.

I am terribly sorry to hear about the mishap with your airport transfer as I know arriving in a new country, the last thing that you would want is for your confirmed plans to fall through. I am happy to know though that Robert and the rest of our front office team were able to make you feel at home upon your arrival.

Regarding the issues you experienced with our food and beverage department, I will bring them to our food and beverage manager's attention so that he can look into them. We always encourage our guests to let us know of issues as soon as they occur so that we can address them while they are still in house,

Once again our sincere apologies and we will be following up with you as we hope to speak with you before your departure.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting my homeland for my birthday which coincided with the Belize Independence Day. When I booked the room I was quoted one price but when I received my final bill the price had changed.

I went to breakfast at the restaurant and the wait was excessively long. When the waitress finally came over I was advised that breakfast was no longer available. After placing my other the wait was so long that I had to eat an energy bar that was in my pocketbook so as not to get a headache.
Staff at guest relations was rude and my room had mold in the ceiling. I returned to my home in the US and have been violently sick with fever, wheezing, nasal & chest congestion and coughing for over a week. My doctor has me on antibiotics and inhaler treatment. My son who was also visiting with me is also sick.

• Stayed September 2013
Online_Media_Mngr201, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing these issues to our attention. On behalf of the management and staff of the Radisson Fort George Hotel we sincerely apologize for the less than stellar experience that you had at our property.

I would like to invite you to please follow up with me at pamela.gideon@radissonbelize.bz so that we may fully investigate the issues you experienced with an aim of resolving them.

Online Manager

Been to Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!