“Best place in Belize City” 4 of 5 stars

Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Marine Parade | PO Box 321, Belize City, Belize   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Belize City
St. Paul
“Best place in Belize City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here our first and only night in Belize City. It was a nice standard hotel with great amenities. It is really the only place to stay in Belize City as far as I could tell. The Stone Grill Restaurant was great. We had a room right off of the pool which was great. I don't know that we would have stayed much longer in Belize City but if we did this is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
San Pedro, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I would guess I have stayed at The Radisson Fort George at least 20 times. In fact, a couple months ago, after being hospitalized for an emergency, it was not home that I went when released, but straight to The Radisson, where I knew the amazing staff would take care of me and I could recuperate in comfort. I have since been back 4 times and the staff have never failed to ask how I am feeling, address me by name etc.

The Radisson is located in a handy neighbourhood from which I can easily access shopping, run errands etc. all on foot. When I need to go further, there are great taxi drivers (personally approved by the Radisson's GM, Mr. James Scott) which can take me there including Homer, Floyd, Mario and other friendly and reliable drivers.

As a repeat guest, the staff have noted my preferences and continue to provide exemplary service. This is not a Ritz Carlton, that simply does not exist in Belize City, but so far as hotels in Belize City, there is no other choice for me. I have tried other hotels including those close to The Radisson and the service (or lack there of) made me feel unwelcome. The Radisson makes me feel special, and isn't that what providing a great experience for your guests is supposed to do?

Of particular note I would like to give a shout out to Micsheki who assists me with my reservations, Shakira and Keith in the F&B department, Camille, one of the amazing Managers, Dulce who seems to be the head-housekeeper and her amazing team of ladies, Robert one of the BEST Bell Captains in the business and the lovely man across the street who has restored many a pair of my favorite shoes.

The Radisson Fort George has simply become my second home, I will continue to stay there, and am happy to recommend it. If I had to come up with one area for improvement, it would be the room service menu, but as I am sure you can imagine, once you have stayed somewhere 2 dozen times, you have literally tried it all.

Room Tip: Pay extra for Tower Club Section.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Belize City, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I wanted somewhere nice to have dinner . We decided to dine at the Stone Grill Restaurant located inside the Radisson Fort George Hotel. I must say although we did not stay at this hotel it was fabulous!!!!!!!. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing. It's located underneath a thatched roof with tables and chairs and the scenery is so relaxing wtih a garden view and palm trees.

The food was amazing!!!!! you cook your food on a volcanic stone. Our waitress Janella was very attentive and very professional kudos to her!!!!
Marcia the bartender was awesome mixing up those drinks and keeping those Belikin's cold for us. I cant forget our cook Marilyn who prep our meal, she did a wonderful job.

I highly recommend as the food is fantastic, and the staff are amazing what more could you ask for when you looking for great dining.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

There's nowhere better to stay in Belize City than at the Radisson Fort George. The staff are amazing. The rooms are decadent and clean. And the food is among the best in Belize City. I don't like to spend a lot of time in Belize City, but this is my hotel when I do. Hands down.

I write this while I'm still in Belize on a two-week stay and I've been to the Fort George twice now - a week in between stays - and they were both top-notch. The second time last week, one of our rooms wasn't quite ready on time (it was around 3:30) and a bottle of champagne was sent as a thoughtful apology. It wasn't necessary as my dad is 84 and doesn't drink but it was a nice touch.

Do yourself a favour and bookend any trip to Belize with a stay at the Fort George. Yes, it's more than the other places in town, but you'll never feel it was money not well spent. This is the hotel of Belize City.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the tower. Stay in one of the Colonial rooms overlooking the pool areas. The ones...
Trinidad, Caribbean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel was the best in belize city. Clean and very helpful and friendly staff. Wifi available. food at restaurant was very good. breakfast and dinner. room sevice menu is limited but there are three options to dine at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel was comfortable. The rooms could use a little updating but they were perfectly fine. We stayed in a very good location on the first floor next to the pool in the adjoining building. The blackbirds outside the main building were incredibly loud but we couldn't hear them in the building we stayed in.

There isn't much to do in the area but we did go for a nice walk in early evening. The hotel staff didn't suggest walking after dark. There's a restaurant, tapas bar, and pastry shop in and around the hotel but we took taxis to eat in town without problem.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Radisson is located in a nice area on the water and away from the city but that's a good thing since you probably don't want to be in the city. The rooms, service, food, etc were all above average. This is a good place to stay for a night while going to/from the airport or a ferry to an island

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!