“Geeze This was Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$55*
and up
Private Belize City Adventure: Zipline Tour at Jaguar Paw and Crystal Cave...
More attraction details
Owner description: Chukka Belize - Exclusive locations and tours for families, couples and friends. For the adventurous crowd we offer ziplines, cave tubing, rappelling, airboats and more. Or visit a Mayan Temple, national parks, of the Belize Zoo; view wildlife, take a rum tasting or city tour, or tour historic buildings. We create custom tours, and can arrange transportation to and from all major hotels and piers. Chukka offers the best of Jamaica, Belize, Grand Turk and Dominican Republic.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Geeze This was Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was quite the cool excursion that we did on our Carnival Cruise. The tour guide was great, and the staff at the airboat were excellent. The guide provided a great overview of the wild life, and made sure that we were able to see a number of crocodile. At the end it was great to hold a baby croc as well, which made the experience even better. I would recommend this excursion to anyone hitting up Belize.

Visited December 2012

Union, New Jersey
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“first time cave tubing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My first time cave tubing was with the guys from Chukka Belize. What an awesome day. As others have mentioned....yes it was a long hike to the start of the river tour. I'd estimate it was 1 mile through mountain trails. But it was all worth it. The cave was awesome, the river lazy, the water cool and the memories were endless. A day I will never forget. At one point, our guide had us turn off our headlamps. We then experienced darkness like I've never experienced. It was darker than sleep lol. Awesome day, with awesome people made it an awesome trip.

Visited October 2013
Spring Hill, Tennessee
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Cave Tubing in Belize!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We did a cave tubing excursion at Chukka Belize from a Carnival cruise. The guides were very friendly and informative. I enjoyed the hike through the rain forest, at first, though it was just a hair longer than I would have preferred. The worst part was that I wore tennis shoes because I thought aqua shoes would not make hiking on rocks a fun experience. All good, but the hike BEGINS with a trek across the water (knee deep-ish) and THEN the 30 minute hike, which means I hiked in wet socks/shoes....not ideal, but I still think a better plan than aqua shoes. The water seemed cold initially, but I adjusted very quickly and found it enjoyable. The tubing was a little slower than I'd prefer, but the caves were really interesting, especially the second one.

Visited October 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BEST BELIZE ATTRACTION EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

What an awesome trip, We had a fantastic time zip-lining and Cave Tubing at Chukka Jaguar Paw, Our Guides could not have been better. They made sure we were safe, also gave us a short safety training, they were both knowledgable and lots of fun. It was just a really thrilling experience, There are different platforms with 5 lines that you zip from, The zips range from short to the longest one being 700 feet. Again, well-trained and professional guides really enhanced the experience. Zipping through the Jungle was a unique experience. Would highly recommend and I am looking forward to the next time!
We also did cave tubing, Our Guide was very informative about the history of the cave, the CRYSTAL CAVE is absolutely BEAUTIFUL I am glad I took this tour and would not change anything about it
I enjoyed the delicious Belize Food, rice & beans with stew chicken and coleslaw...
I just wanted to say a special Thank You to the staff for doing an excellent job and for making sure we got back safe & sound in one piece as well as being thorough and going over everything with us.
I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to have a fun, thrill-seeking adventure! And when you get above the jungle, the view is phenomenal....

Go Chukka!!!!!

Visited September 2013
Lake Worth, Florida, Usa
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Tubing thru crystal caves (upgrade tour) its a WOW....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Bus ride to caves is 1.5 hours. You get to see 2 different regions of Belize. Make sure you go to the restroom before boarding. Also no where to stop for snacks/drinks until you complete the tour.... We chose the Crystal Caves after I did some research. We made the right choice. It was an upgrade charge over regular tubing of $20. We were on the Carnival Liberty. The desk clerk said oh the reg one is good too.... ok, but THIS WAS AMAZING. We had 3 guides on our bus, but we got DAVID (I think brown was his last name) for the actual tour. His knowledge was amazing and he knew the caves inside and out. We learned some Mayan history that when I got home and checked, he was correct (it seemed a little two far fetched but he was right) The caves are incredible. You can understand what the mayans thought when they used the area for religious areas. Upon further research when I got home including watching a show on history, I realized why I was slightly ...... uneasy in part of the cave. The water is a tad chilly but felt great after our 10 min hike to the cave entrance. The water is crystal clear and spring fed. IF you don't want to get wet, this is not for you. There are areas where you get out of tube and walk, and you need to get back into tube. The only thing that was physical was stooping down to get thru 2 caves areas and stairs up to the cave entrance and then back out. (the reg cave tubing tour has a 40 min hike and they don't get into where we were) make sure you wear a bathing suit there so you don't have to change when you get there. you can change after. They have a small bar and concession stand that was very affordable. Make sure you taste the wine and then buy some........WEAR WATER SHOES or sneakers. ... the bus ride was very interesting due to our guides but roads in Belize aren't the best. David sat in the rear of the bus on way back and we found out a lot about Belize by just asking. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Crystal Cave Tour... Camera.... maybe in a waterproof case (one of our friends had one so we just shared her pictures) The tour was $119 on the ship... that included the bus ride etc. ALSO available there is ziplining and a reg cave experience. They provide the helmets/headlamps/life vest and tubes which are required. IF YOU DON'T have water shoes, you can "borrow" some for $5 at the site.

Visited September 2013