“60th Wedding Annivesary Vacationb” 5 of 5 stars

$175*
and up
Lamanai and the New River Safari in Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Expeditions Belize Ltd. is a professional destination management company dedicated to service, value, comfort, safety and excellence. We are proud to offer exclusive tour and vacation packages developed and managed by our team of experts with your personal satisfaction in mind.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Centennial, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“60th Wedding Annivesary Vacationb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Discovery Expeditions arranged our destinations and our tours for our 10 day trip, first to Robert's Grove at Placentia, then Mystic River at San Ignacio, and finally Victoria House, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. It was a treat to have the continuity and all of the tour guides and van drivers were knowledgeable and fun (especially where there were bumps in the road <:) and we had a good laugh at some of the signs). I'm sorry I don't remember all the names but Fidelio was an excellent guide for the Mayan temple sites in Xunantunich and Tekal. He has a vast knowledge of Mayan history which he shared with us. And his familiarity with Guatemala and his relationship with the Guatemala guides at Tekal made our visit there effortless and comfortable. Robert picked us up at the Placentia airport and willing gave us a little tour of Placentia on our way to Robert's Grove. Steve was our van driver when we left for and returned to Ambergris Caye. Mystic River Resort, Discovery Expeditions, and Steve have our most sincere gratitude. We contacted Discovery Expeditions when we realized we'd had a "senior moment" and left my husband's "belly pack" containing his driver's license in our casita at Mystic River. Discovery Exhibitions contacted the resort and Mystic River staff and Discovery Expeditions staff arranged to pick it up and to have Steve bring the belly pack to us at the Belize airport on the day of our departure from Belize. We feel like we made friends in Belize and would love to be able to return. If we are so lucky, we would definitely contact Discovery Expeditions and would hope to see Fidelio, Robert and Steve again. We were told by a different cab driver (not connected to Discovery Expeditions) that the Belize people love Americans and as for me and my husband, we love the Belize people.

Visited April 2014

Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Call one day before at night to cancel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I booked this trip 3 weeks in advance. When we arrived at the hotel, one day before the activity we checked with them if they were going to pick us up, they said yes. At around 6:30 they called me to check if they could move the date for the tour, I said no because I had other activities planned, I asked if he could arrange to put us in another tour, he said he will check. Five minutes later the operator called asking again if we can move the date, to which I said no. So, give me back my money. The worst of this: they call late on a Saturday to cancel!!!! Businesses usually close early on weekends, and they know their business around and they could not accommodate me with another company.

Visited March 2014
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Traveling with college students”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

A wonderful trip all around! Randy led our tour. There were zero glitches. The tour was amazing. We learned so much about Mayan culture and ruins. We also explored the rainforest and were given fascinating information about plants, tree, animals including monkey, iguana, snakes, tarantulas. This is a great place to have an adventure if you need a little excitement while on vacvation. Top picks were - cave tubing, Lamani, Hol Cah snorkeling, zip lines. Thanks for the amazing trip!

Visited March 2014
Bellingham, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Cave Tubing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were on an Aggressor Dive live aboard for a week in Belize which ROCKED but you can't dive the day before you fly so we decided to do the half day Cave Tubing "adventure". Our group of 15 had become pretty tight after a week on the boat so we were already pretty boisterous and having a good time by they time the van came and got us. It would have been a different experience if we didn't know anyone I think.

You have to carry a big inter tube on the well worn jungle trail for about 15 minutes. Its not overly strenuous; we had a vigorous 80 year old man with us and he did fine. The trail was pretty so it was fun but the tube was a bit ungainly.

The tubing is a slow ride down the river through amazingly beautiful caves. You are in the caves for most of the time and its a cool experience. The guide has to pull a string of tubes along as the flow isn't strong enough to carry you.

The guide was nice but we were all laughing and carrying on so much I couldn't hear what he was saying.

Some of the other people were complaining about the price (its wasn't cheap) but I feel good about contributing to the local economy. I always like to help promote ecotourism to help countries protect their environment.

My only complaint is that we were told we would be provided with towels but when I went to get mine they were "out". That meant that I had to travel back to our hotel in an air-conditioned van and I was FREEZING! Make sure you make it back to the van first so you get a towel!

Visited February 2014
Salem, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Discover Expeditions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We recently took a ten day trip to Belize. Our travel agent contracted with Discovery to provide our tour services. They failed to have our hotels pick us up at the airports. They changed our flight time twice in the same morning. We sat in airports for hours because they had not booked us on one of the earlier flight or they grouped our travel to accommodate other travelers. Our van trip from Belize City to San Ignacio took an extra hour and a quarter because they made a side trip to pick-up some people that had been on a cave tour. We had booked a tour to the Jaguar Preserve, but Discovery failed to make arrangement to do so. Our hotel had to scramble around at the last minute to arrange the tour. They harangued us to pay a park entrance fee that we had already paid. I will never travel with Discovery again.

Visited January 2014