“Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 69 Activities in Belize City
Type: Missions, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Zip line canopy tour that we offer is designed to last approximately 3.5 hour. It includes a 50 minuted drive to the site where the zip line canopy tour is done. As we drive to the canopy tour site we will be narrating the history of Belize and pointing out important site as we drive. Upon our arrival at the site where the zip line canopy tour is done we will have a short restroom break. After the break you will be assisted with your gears for the zip line canopy tour. You will zipping through the canopy of Belize's rain forest for approximately an hour. After the zip line canopy tour we will be heading to the Belize City. We will be passing the Belize Zoo. You can add the zoo to the day's activities with no extra cost. All you need to do is pay your entrance fees ( $15.00 per/ adult & $7.50 per/child ). We don't sell the Belize Zoo as a tour since we pass by.We also do this tour with kids.We offer our services to visitors staying in San Ignacio, Ambergris Caye, San Pedro, Caye Caulker, Belize City, and every other part of the country of Belize.We offer personalize tour services to families, groups, and all other visitors to Belize. We also do free hotel pick ups in the Belize City area.
Overland Park, Kansas
8 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the rain forest as well as zip lining around. The only downside to this tour was the trip to the rain forest. It took over an hour each way. We were on a cruise so once the excursion ended and we were back in port it was time to board. Great experience and well worth it just note you won't have any extra time to explore the port with this excursion.

Visited November 2013

Dallas, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Even for the faint of heart!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

I have zip lined on 2 previous occasions and I am still quite panicked about slamming into a tree. It's not the heights that bother me.....it's what could be a sudden, bone crushing stop that causes my fear. Well after just a few lines, I was relaxed and enjoying the excursion. These guys are simply the best. They knew what to say and were extremely patient. When they realized my ability to brake was hindered because of my fear, they did all the work for me making this the best zip lining adventure yet.

Visited October 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went in July- not too busy. Try to avoid going on a cruise ship destination day--it's much less busy! We paired this with the cave tubing trip and did both on the same day. The guides were very friendly and even rode with one (very scared) zip liner through 6 of the 8 runs. The views are incredible- the structures and safety features were all impressive. We had time to get lots of pictures in-between each of the runs. We loved it! Would do it again!

Visited July 2014
texas
5 attraction reviews
“Private tour guide made this trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Booked this zipline and cave tubing tour thru Jose's tours based on other recommendations from Trip Advisor (see http://www.actiweb.es/josestoursbelize/). Turned out to be the best decision I made this trip. The cruise ship's price was $149 per person while Jose's was $95 dollars per person. Since we had six in our party the savings really added up.

When we got off the tender there was a mass of people waiting to board buses for thier tours. We just cut to the front of the line where Jose was waiting for us with out name on a billboard. We boarded his van and beat everybody out to the park.

This is our family's first zipline adventure and we had a great time. The operators are very concerned about safety. The first zipline was a short one just to get you familiar with the process. The next six are much longer. Our favorite was the second to the last, which was a long zip over the river. Be advised there are two big sets of stairs you will need to climb.

After luch were informed the cave tubing was canceled due to recent heavy rains which made the caves unsafe for tubing. All the disappointed people who booked from the cruise ship had to get back on the buses and go back to the ship. Instead, Jose took us to the zoo and also gave us a short tour of Belize City.

By the way, the zoo was incrediable too. I am also going to post a review of it. Enjoy Belize!

Visited January 2014
Edmonton, Canada
25 attraction reviews
“Incredible view from the top!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a lot of fun. We arranged this tour before leaving Canada but almost every hotel offered this tour. We were picked up at our hotel and driven out to site by the most wonderful, chatty, informative guide. Throughout Belize we were impressed with how proud of their country and knowledgeable the guides, even cab drivers were!

We did the ziplining first. I always had a crash landing but they were always there to catch you so there is nothing to worry about. You have to be fit enough to walk up a number of stairs but the rest is simple. The views were lovely and the lines were fun.

Put a ribbon/lanyard/whatever on your camera because you can't take it up if you have to hold it but you can if it goes around your neck. I was the only person on the tour with a camera. You will want to photograph people ziplining and the beautiful forest so don't forget! We even saw some wildlife.

We tubed after at the same site. There were a lot of different tours offering the tube rides. I liked ours BUT I didn't like that we were always expected to paddle to get through it quickly. I would have loved to relax and float. It was a gorgeous hike up and such a picturesque river.

Bring a waterproof (even disposable) camera if you want to tube. The second you decide to go you will want a camera and they gouge you $20 US for one (we ended up with A usable picture).

The buffet at the outdoor restaurant on site is totally worth it and satisfying.

Visited January 2013