“Location location location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 64 Restaurants in Belize City
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Convenient location on the pier of the Belize cruise ship port. Downstairs offers great cocktails and light snacks, the upstairs is a full restaurant offering the best of Belizean cuisine. Conch, shrimp, fresh fish. Everything is made fresh daily. A great place to spend the day, to relax, or get up dance and party with us.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Location location location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in to get a drink and noticed the Ranger Tab and military pictures on the walls. As a retired Army Ranger myself I was surprised. The atmosphere and staff were great! Also if you couldn't tell it is in a great location!

Visited June 2013
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks for stopping in. We love our military, and have many visit us. I hoped you asked for your military discount, as our way of saying thank you.
Be sure to say hello on your next visit and bring us in a photo to hang on the wall.

“Good place. Nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Was kinda crowded but we expected that. We shared a table with a couple of ladies. The food was good and we enjoyed it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks for coming by. We do try to get everyone their own private table, but it ends up being a crowded party. Hope you didn't mind. i am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and staff. We try very hard to train our staff, and most have been with us for a while, but you know how it goes... some are great and some are....
I am glad they looked after you and I hope you come back soon.
canada
“Cruise stop.. Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I didn't know if I would enjoy stopping at Belize City because we had to take the ride off the ship and not dock at the wharf, but it was one of my favorite shopping
experiences. I loved browsing all the stores.
After shopping we stopped at Wet Lizard for refreshments and it was recommended to me to try Wet Lizard... Yummy good and refreshing... of course I love pineapple but that added touch of rum made it superb. Nice place and nice people. I would recommended stopping to say hello and have a refreshing drink

Visited August 2012
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed Belize City.. It is an amazing place that few people realize, due to the bad PR, but that is all it is is talk. It is a great place to experience good shopping, great people and of course great food and drink at The Wet Lizard. Thanks for stopping by and glad you had a good time.
See you again I hope.
Dallas, Texas
“Decent (not great) food but the beer is cold and you can't beat the location at the port”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The food is nothing special but the beer is ice cold and the location is fantastic for people watching or hanging out at the port before or after a boating activity. Expect the typical port bar antics and you'll appreciate it for what it is.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for stopping by the Wet Lizard. Glad that you enjoyed yourself and had a good time.
Sorry you didn't get full enjoyment from the food. We do have an extensive menu but some specialities are seasonal. Hope you stop on by again and we will give you some good recommendations. Again thanks for your visit and taking time towrite your comments.
Laurs
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Two Waitresses saw us sitting there and never waited on us! Never again! Go to Fat Tuesday!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
gonetropic, Owner at Wet Lizard, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am very sorry about your experience with us. Good staff is very difficult to find anywhere and we are always on the search for good dedicated staff. We work diligently at training but sometimes that takes a bit of time and some people just can't get it. Trust me we give them a chance but quite a few don't make it. I am sorry that you were overlooked I know it was not intentional, it was new staff just trying to figure themselves out. We are continuing and will continue to search for staff whom can live up to our expectations and that of our guests. I do hope you give us another try.