“cavetubing.com was awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

+501 605-1575
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the ultimate Belize adventure, Cave Tubing and ATVing in the middle of the Belize rainforest. You couldn't ask for anything more in a half-day excursion. We are the only tour operator in Belize that can offer you this unique combination. Tours are specially designed for cruise ship passengers while Free Hotel Pickup and private tours are available for overnight visitors.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Alaska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“cavetubing.com was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

The guides and staff were outstanding with great senses of humor!

PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AWESOME!!!!! CAVE TUBING.COM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

On Sept. 17 2009 we were visitors to Belize and had prearranged a trip to cave tubing.com/ We were picked up at the cruise port and driven by a great driver to cave tubing.com. The trip was entertaining with Dennis and his friends, along with the samples of cashew wine(YUM!) We jungle walk was beautiful and we entered the cave tubing area. Dennis never left us out of his sight, he was a great guide thru out the trip. We cooled off in the beautiful cave in our line of tubes. It was a relaxing journey. We were treated to a quick lunch and wisked off in the bus to our tender. The guys were great!!!! Definately a great way to spend a day in Belize. Thanks guys!!!!!

R.I.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cave-Tubing. DOT COM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

Cave-Tubing.com is the BEST when it comes to working with the cave tubing excursion in Belize. They are absolutely unBELIZEable!!! The entire staff is professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and widely effiecient. I traveled with Cave-Tubing.com with 16 other members of our group and it was amazing. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wallet-friendly excursion in Belize. You will not regret one bit!

,,,And remember: BUTTS UP!!

Lawrence, KS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Belize City's Cave-tubing.com is Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

I arrived in Belize by NCL Cruise ship in February and a member of my family booked cave-tubing.com through their website. From the moment we boarded their bus in Belize City, we were treated warmly, friendly and not like "cattle" simply running through the cruise ship factory as we had at other destinations in the Caribbean.

During the trip to the caves each staff member introduced themselves and told us about the town's history, it's areas, themselves, and what to expect on the journey. We were treated to local cashew wine gratis, some great stories and the BEST part is that they refused to accept our money until the trip was over and we were back at Belize City, saying that they wanted to ensure we were satisfied with our service and trip before collecting compensation. That was nice for a change!

We did the ATV jungle tour in conjunction with our cave tubing and although it was another $20 or so, I'd have gladly paid twice that amount! I ride ATVs at my own home, so I'm familiar with "kiddy courses" some tours are taken on in The Caribbean, but they took us through the muddiest, most fun 1/2-hr trail I've been on in quite some time. It was fantastic!

The cave tubing start area took us about 25 minutes to hike through the jungle to get there, carrying your own tube, headlamp and life jacket the whole time. The equipment was in good shape all around. I wouldn't recommend the trip for those with any sort of mobility issues (or those wearing flip-flops), but it was a pleasant hike through uneven terrain and my parents who are in their 50's/60's had no issue. We had 4 experienced guides (& 1 Newbie) for our 20-some party group which was wonderful. The water was cold, the small rapids were fun, the caves were breathtaking, the river's scenery outside was amazing, they took pictures of our whole family (7 of us total) while on the river.

Afterwards we stopped at a restroom/changing area with a large tiki-style hut that had assorted souvenirs, cashew wine (it's cheaper at the city market so wait to buy it there), and chicken tamales that were to die for. On the bus back to the docks they treated us to more cashew wine & told stories that made us laugh. In fact, one of the guides was commenting about my Dad's new Corona hat and asked him if he wanted to trade it for his slightly used Belikin Beer hat. My father, the ever-present ambassador of friendliness said "Sure" to the surprise of the guide and so they switched hats and formed some sort of Belizean brotherhood bond that made the whole trip just that much more memorable! The whole adventure was an experience I won't soon forget!

Thanks cave-tubing.com

Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Xteme cave tubing- not smooth sailing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

We booked a cave tubing tour on line with Xteme cave tubing- very easy to find the booth- The ride to the caves was 1:10 min -so give yourself enough time-our guide Jeff informed us about Belize, its history and facts about the landscape we were viewing. Once we got to the park-the trouble began- first, our guide scrambled to get us tubes-other companies seemed to have their tubes and life jacket already set up for their guides.Jeff did not procure life jackets for us saying "you are all professional swimmers, right?" But once we walked to the entrance and had to pass the park ranger he would not let us pass- so Jeff had to run back the beginning to get the life jackets-other tours were passing us by while we waited. A few of our group members got separtated from us in all the chaos and again we had to stop for Jeff to go back to get them. The walk to the cave was easy-about 40min and he was very informative about the native plants and insects. There were 15 in our group and once we got to the caves-and were all in our tubes sitting the the cool water- another ranger stopped us again saying there were too many in our group for one guide- Jeff was now visibly annoyed, threatening the guard and shouting that he was unaware of any ratio rules-I was very uncomfortable- Another tour group "Major Tom's" actually had 3 guides for 10 in their group so they offered to help and take half of us thru the caves so were finally allowed to pass- the caves were great- I would highly recommend a tour -once the tour was complete, we were behind schedule and the lunch was not there so we left-Jeff was still aggitated by the whole situation- he was driving up the pot hole riddled dirt road at a ridiculous speed until someone in the van asked him to slow down- another van met us on the side of the road with our "included lunch" but most of us were too upset to eat-and it was already about 3pm -we made it back to the ship with 30 min to spare. Later I found out that due to the death of a Florida woman in that cave in September new laws state mandatory ratio of guides to tubers is 1:8 guide. Do see the caves but pick another tour -maybe Major Tom's. I would like to thank Lowhoma -the guide who "adopted" us for the cave tour.