“Belize X-Stream Cave Tubing and Canopy Zip Line” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Belize X-Stream Cave Tubing and Canopy Zip Line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently enjoyed cave tubing and zip lining on our Carnival Liberty cruise. This was one of our favorite excursions.

Service: The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and witty. Our guide, Wentworth, was great. He gave us a great tour during the bus ride over, during the hike, and during the tubing experience.

Zip lining: I was terrified, but the staff was so experienced and the gear was very safe. This was one of the best was to we the natural beauty of Belize.

Cave tubing: I didn't think I would like this at all because I hate dark, creepy places that could have bugs and creatures. This turned out to be my favorite part of Belize. The caves are so pretty. It was so amazing how we could peacefully flow through the cave with the natural flow of the water. There was a section of the cave that had a natural opening, called a sinkhole. When you are floating down the dark cave and begin to see the natural light slowly appear, it is one of the most beautiful sights I've ever see.

Food: They had the sweetest fruit, rum punch, and the BEST tamale I have ever had. I wanted another tamale but was too shy to ask. I'm not able to get tamales like that in Indiana, so I will ask for two next time. :-)

We highly recommend this tour. We booked through Belizecruiseexcursions.com.

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“X-Stream Cave Tubing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked this through Island Marketing. We paid a fraction of the price that carnival cruise line had to offer. For 2 people we paid $120. Our tour guides Mike and Juan were amazing. They did a great job telling us of the history, pointing out plants, and showing us the different places to swim, and jump. The carnival people did the same location but they got on the river after us and got off before us. When we got there we were broken up into two groups of 6 and began our amazing trip. We used waterproof sunscreen that had bug spray built in, which I highly recommend. We started on a bus ride that takes about an hour. Got off, grabbed our tubes and headed for the top. The company had told us to wear water shoes, which turned out to be a great choice. The walk to the top carrying the tubes up a rocky path was the only part I didn't enjoy. Once we got to the top it was amazing. The water was crystal clear and refreshing, the caves were beautiful. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. We also had some in our group that did the zip line first and then we met with them on the river, they had a great time too. Either one is a great choice.

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“X-stream Zipline and cave tubing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We booked our zipline and cave tubing through Island Marketing. I thought it was kinda sketchy that everything was done through email and did not have a phone number to contact them but the trip went through great. We were in Belize and tendered off the cruise boat early in the morning (2nd group to leave) and walked to meet up with the Island Marketing group. We paid for the final cost of the excursion and waited in a small bar area. After everyone got there, we had a small walk to our bus and were on our way. Belize has two sides, a poor side and a rich side. We were on the poor side so there wasn't much sites to see except small houses. Our tour guide, Wentworth, was great at explaining and giving a history of the town throughout the ride to the location of the excursion, we didn't stop at any small shop on the way. Once we got there, we did the zipline first for people who booked both the zipline and cave tubing. Zip line was awesome as you fly though 7 zip lines, cave tubing was relaxing, but your gonna have to walk at least 30 minutes to the cave site while carrying your tube. After all that was done, we had lunch which was tamales and punch or water and rum punch. We hopped on the bus and back we went to our cruise ship. Timing was pretty much spot on. Our cruise said the last tender boat is at 4:15pm ship time and we made it back by 4:10pm which was just enough time to go and walk in a very long line of people who are also tendering back to the boat so we didn't miss our ship at all.

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Also booked with island marketing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Small group and personalized service. Not over crowded and included lunch. The caves of Belize were amazing. The carnival groups were so crowded.

3 attraction reviews
“Cave tubing in Belize”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I booked our cave tubing through ISLAND MARKETING LTD (CAYMAN)-Belize Cruise Excursions also known as "x-stream cave tubing" and we had a great time!
Since we didn't book through our ship it was half the cost and we ended up doing more tubing than the folks that were on the ship, had a smaller group (the cruise ships double up so instead of 8 people they had 16) which I think takes away from the experience a little.
Our guides were very good, and our bus was comfortable and air conditioned :) we ate tamales, fruit, and rum punch and we were back in time to the port to shop.
I recommend you wear tennis shoes / sneakers that you don't mind getting wet and leaving a pair of dry backups (flip flops or sneakers) in the bus because the walk to the beginning of the tour is uphill and rocky, the typical cheap water shoes do not have padding on the soles, and some of the terrain can "poke" through cheap water shoes.
In all, it was a great experience, and my biggest complaint is how our cruise ship made us wait over an hour to get on the tenders to port, and only after complaining did they sneak us on an earlier tender, and we literally made it just in time to get to our excursion.

Visited June 2013