“Great Excursion! Best fun I had in 2014 so far! V.I.V rocks!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing Safe and Fun Adventures for the whole family, utilizing a cadre of experienced and enthusiastic tour guides, showing off Belize, a natural wonder in the Caribbean and Central America
Yonkers, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Great Excursion! Best fun I had in 2014 so far! V.I.V rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Carnival Glory Cruise Day 4 Tuesday: Belize City
Davan Roca (DRoc) and Fevalius (Flav or Fab) were our guides.
$60 for Excursion.

I can't believe the value of this excursion. We got a special discount by booking weeks ahead of time. The cave tubing/zip line excursions offered on the Carnival Cruise were more than triple what we paid for V.I.V and those folks came back to the ship not nearly as happy as we were.

The V.I.V guides are all great and I had one of the best days of my 30 year old life hiking and cave tubing thru the Belize jungle with Flav (Fevalius). He talks to you and educates you on everything you will see from the minute you meet at the Van, during the entire 1 hour Van ride all thru the hiking and tubing. Better yet he makes it exciting. So much so you won't even notice you have been driving and hiking over an hour to get to the caves.

PROS:
-V.I.V Guides talk to you and make you smile the entire time! They are friendly and highly intelligent on teaching about Belize and the environment. At the end of the day they are just cool dudes that you will enjoy hanging out with. We noticed the other trip guides leading other tours (particulary the Cruise sponsored tours) nearby were silent and not talking to their clients.

-We also didn't have to hike thru the jungle with our tubes. It may not make sense as you read this now but when V.I.V sets up your tubes at the cave site and you are hiking thru the jungle past ALL the other groups struggling thru the hot bush with their big inflated rubber tubes it will all makes sense.

-My fiancé and I didn't do the zipline part but the excursion is set up so the ziplining folks meet up with the tubing-only group before the end of the excursion. So you can still do a bit of tubing with your friends that opted to zipline.

-The groups are also kept small. We had four in our group meanwhile other tours had over 10 people attached feet to armpit in tubing chains floating thru the cave.

-V.I.V uses caribiner clips and rope to attach our tubes together so we were comfortable and way more secure. Our tubes also had a backrest and a bottom inside the donut hole to sit in. No other group we past had tubes like we did. So we really lucked out as first time tubers.

-At the Blue Hole site home cooked lunch and clean changing rooms were provided for the V.I.V tours. Beer and Rum infused Coconuts can be bought for under $5 USD. Everyone was friendly. They even rent water shoes and gear if you need.

-They are way more PROS than I can list here but we had a great time and that is the most important PROS.

CONS:
-Only thing to note is the drive from the port, in Belize Ciy, to Blue Hole Park, near Belmopan City, is a solid hour. Davan (D-Roc) did well to keep up entertained the entire drive pointing the key local city and country sites in Belize along the way. This was educational, fun and made the time go by fast.
-Belize port is only accessed by Tenders so as a result our cruise did a short day here leaving at 430pm. We finished tubing at 3pm and after lunch we had to rush back to the ship which sucks because we were having a great time at Blue Hole with the V.I.V staff and didn't want to leave so early. The guides are aware of the time constraints and they plan ahead to get you back to your ship on time. So no worries there.

Out of all the excursions we did on our 7 day cruise the time spent with Davan (DRoc) and Fevalius (Flav) was the most memorable. I highly recommend them. They work hard and go the extra mile for their client so tip well and smile.

Plano, Texas
“Fabulous at VIV Tours was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was spending time in San Pedro for my bachelor party and wanted a relaxing time. I was recommended VIV tours from a supplier of mine at work and I have to say my friends and I had an excellent time with the cave tubing and zip lining.

Fabulous, yes Fabulous our tour guide was excellent and kept the party going from 7am to 3pm for us during our tours. VIV, you truly have a person that is GREAT at his job. Will be back and can't wait to do another tour with you guys.

Cheers,

Salt Lake City, Utah
“FAB WAS AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Our tour guide was the most knowledgeable tour guide ever. His knowledge of all different aspects of the country, economy, natural history, and current events made it the most enjoyable experience. Highly recommend to any skeptics as this guy was the best. Bob & Beverly from Utah

“Just a great day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I have had few experiences on vacation that compare to this one. The group size with V.I.V. was much smaller then the ones associated with the cruse ship I was on. This provided a relaxing experience which allowed me to take in all the sights. The Tour Guide spoke English quite well with minimal to no accent. Told us to call him Fabulous, prob because it was easy to remember. Long story short it is worth every penny, just be sure to bring comfortable water shoes.

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Cave Tubing with Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I have to say this was top 5 experiences of my life. Our tour guide Fabulous was amazing from start to finish. He made sure our tour was the best one with such personalized attention. He was a fountain of information on the culture and history of Belize, Made the van ride seem much shorter than it was. Since our group was small he took us farther up the cave series and extended our tour for us. I would never use another tour guide in Belize ever again. I highly recommend VIV and particularly Fabulous to anyone seeking out adventure in Belize.