“Amazing!!! Nothing Else To Describe It!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Ponchatoula, Louisiana, United States
“Amazing!!! Nothing Else To Describe It!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I were on our honeymoon upon the Carnival Conquest. We wanted to do the cave tubing and zip lining. Hands down the best trip ever thanks to V.I.V. . Our Guide(s) were amazing!! Full of knowledge and love for their country!!! They made our honeymoon something we will remember for the rest of our lives. Thank you Cardinal, Kareem, and Paul!! Definitely, and I mean definitely, will becoming back!!!

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Cave Tubing with VIV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We took this cave tubing excursion on Thursday June 13th while on our cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest. We had an awesome time cave tubing with VIV. Our driver and tour guide Fabulous was amazing. He was full of knowledge and taught us so much about his country. You can tell he really loves his job. The cave tubing was wonderful and the water felt great and refreshing. The forest and wildlife we seen on this trip was amazing. We even saw 3 monkeys up in the trees in their natural habitat. It was a great experience. The price was great compared to what it costs to book through the cruise line. Plus they have the best tubes compared to the other companies and you don't have to carry them like everyone else does while walking to the river. I highly recommend VIV tours.Thank you VIV for the awesome experience.

Hayward, California
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome zip line and cave tubing with Fevalius!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked our trip with VIV tours after reading all of the reviews here. Best decision we made! Our guide, Fevalius (Fabulous), was great - funny, knowledgeable and very friendly. We met them at the port and took off for the hour drive to the caves and zip lines. Fevalius took us through Belize City and told us all sorts of information about Belize. He had all kinds of visual aids in his backpack dealing with the Belize currency, animals and plants to show us.

The zip line was good and very well run. It is in a very dense fern type jungle and was very pretty. After the zip line we took a hike down to the river to get our tubes. Other folks have mentioned that this is the only tour that doesn't require you to carry your tube the whole way and that was true. The tubes are very new, in great shape and hook together with clips. Some tours have you link your legs with the person in front of you - yuck.

Fevalius was probably the best guide on the river that day. We had a chance to observe some of the other tours and only Fevalius carried a flashlight to point out the interesting rock formations and share information about the caves.

After we were treated to a buffet lunch which was very good. Overall, a great day in Belize! Definitely book with VIV tours instead of the cruise ships - you'll be so glad you did.

Iowa
“Loved cave tubing with V.I.V.!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We loved cave tubing in Belize with V.I.V. tours! We went on March 20, 2013. No problems finding them outside of the gate at the cruise terminal. We carried out email reservation and found the V.I.V. rep right away. As soon as our van filled up we left for cave tubing even though it was an hour before our scheduled tour time. The van was air conditioned, and on the way the driver stopped and bought us fresh pineapple to sample from a roadside stand. It was the best. The ride took just under an hour total, the last 10 minutes or so were very bumpy ("free back massage") but the rest was fine. We were able to keep our belongings in the locked van while we went cave tubing. There were clean restrooms to change in or use before and after the tubing.

When we got to the site we got our helmet with lamps and life jackets. One great thing about V.I.V. is that they carry the tubes for you. We saw many other groups carrying their own tubes. The hike wasn't extremely strenuous, but it was a half hour or so on a trail lined with river stones, so it was enough for me to concentrate on my footing without having to worry about carrying a tube the whole way. We did carry the tubes for maybe 5 minutes at the end as our guide Roberto (who was awesome) gave us the option of going a bit farther down the trail to float through an extra cave. Very glad we did this, as the first cave was great. This is also the launch point where you need to "fall backwards" into the tube. It seems that the launch point further down the river was easier to get into the tubes, I think people were just stepping into them, but the extra cave was well worth the extra effort. I recommend bringing a water bottle for the hike. The tubes have cup holders so you will have somewhere to put it when you are tubing.

For any plus size vacationers, my husband and I are large people. The life vests fit both of us fine, The tubes were the biggest ones out there. The "falling backwards" that I mentioned above was no problem, Roberto helped us get into the tubes. It was a 30 minute trek on a river stone path to get to the start point and we crossed the river a couple of times. I wore Keen H2 sandals, so I was very glad about that as it helped me have sure footing. So I would not recommend cave tubing in Belize from any company for someone who cannot walk 30 minutes straight (we stopped a few times, but not for long periods) or someone who has very unsure footing.

Our driver and Roberto were very conscientious of the time to make sure those in our group on a ship leaving earlier than ours would get back to the cruise terminal on time. No worries about that whatsoever.

Visited March 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“You better Belize it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked zip line & cave tubing for the us (4 adults and 2 teens) before cruising on the Carnival Conquest. It was cheaper than the Carnival excursion, we didn't have to carry our tubes like everyone else, and our tubes were nicer. Our guide, Fabulous, was extremely knowledgeable and fun. We all LOVED it!

Visited May 2013