“best in belize” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cave Tubing R "us"

Cave Tubing R "us"
Belize
Website
Improve this listing
Orlando, Florida
“best in belize”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

David was awesome. He was very knowledgeable and safety conscious. We had the best time and I would recommend this tour to everyone. If you go to Belize and don't use cave tubing r us your short changing yourself.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST TOUR IN BELIZE so much better then booking through the cruise ship”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

David is AMAZING, the TRIP WAS AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!! My husband and I and our friends, another couple, booked the trip in advance after reading all Trip Advisors reviews. We decided that Cavetubingrus was the best company to go with and Cavetubingrus met every expectation and beyond. David met myself (sarah) and my husband (jake) with our friends (scott and tiff) outside the port where he picked us up in his company van. We had a 45 minute drive to the caves and the ride was awesome, David is the BEST tour guide, he answered so many questions we had about belize and he pointed out so many cool things as we went along. He also stopped at a roadside stand and we tried fresh Coconut water. (SO GOOD, better then Gatorade) Then we got to the park where the caves were located. There they have bathrooms and places to change and vendors and a place to grab some food. David got us all set up with our tubes and head gear and we started our hike to the caves. First David took us to the stream and we jumped off some rocks into the cleanest freshwater stream and it was so much fun. Then we started on the hike where David was so informational about wildlife and trees and all the surrondings. He showed us so many cool plants and we also had the choice to EAT TERMITES yes i said termites and they tasted like peppermint and it was such an awesome experience. You get to the caves and jump into your tube and head through the caves where we could explore. Going with David with a smaller group was so much better then going with a large group or a company through the cruise. David took us to places where we watched other companies take their tubers past us and they never got to see the cool waterfalls and some other parts of the caves as we did with david. Also david let us have more Freedom then others. we didnt have to be grouped together tube by tube like the other people we noticed in the caves. We were free to float by ourselves, totally safe with david with us and it was so much more relaxing. Then we floated a ways down the stream through the jungle. It was beautiful and relaxing. We got back to the starting point and jumped off the rocks again. Then headed back to the bus. After drying off we started driving back to the port. But first David took us to an awesome Restaurant to have lunch where we had some very good Tamales that were delicous and fullfilling. Also on the way home we stopped at a store to buy some local wine for the way home. David dropped us off back at the port where we had some extra time before our ship left to do some more local shopping. AWESOME AWESOME TIME we had such a blast thank you again David and CAVETUBINGRUS is the way to go in BELIZE!!!!!!!!

Glendale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Having an amazing guide, makes it an amazing trip!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

David = Amazing...I recently chaperoned a school field trip to Belize with a group of 11. We wanted to take our group cave tubing and after much review reading on here we decided to book with David. Being a big person I was nervous about the caves in general, but having David as a guide made it the best trip ever. He made me feel very comfortable and safe. He really took his time to educate us and show us everything he could, including the adventurous way to enter the river!! Thanks sooo much David!

Kimberly

American Fork, Utah
“Best Shore excursion ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

We were traveling to Belize on Carnival Glory in February with my In-laws. We had heard about the cave tubing and so I looked online and read several reviews about it, and decided to book with David. I emailed him and recieved a response the next day. He picked us up at the terminal and was friendly from the beginning. He let us plan the day how we wanted and do what we wanted. As were driving to the cave, he was very informative about the city and has a great sense of humor. He stopped at a coconut stand and gave us coconut water. Throughout the tour he stopped and informed us about different plants and animals. He was incrediably knowledgeable. He made us laugh the whole time and even told us some personal stories, which I promised I wouldn't share, but if you book with him, ask about his first tour down the river. :) He was amazing with my mother and father in law and treated them like VIPs. The cave tubing was great and then he took us to eat a local restuarant named Cheers! It was fantastic. I would recommend him over and over again. In fact, we plan to book with him next year for a different tour. We loved David and the unBelizable time we had!

Visited February 2011
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Awesome Tour of Lamanai Mayan Ruins by David!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

A few months before our first cruise and after a good bit of research on Mayan Ruins tours, I came across a very positive review on TripAdvisor recommending David at CaveTubingRUs.com for the Mayan Ruins of Lamanai. I emailed him directly about the tour and he promptly responded on the details of Lamanai and the tour. Man, we had no idea what we were in store for. This was hands down our best tour during our honeymoon!

Due to a mix-up with the boat tenders, we ran about an hour late but David waited for us and even stopped to pick up some "bananitos" for us on the way. He is a very amiable guy and I think he had more fun on the tour than us! Yet, that didn't keep him from giving us a first-class experience in Belize! He taught us about the language, history and food. Plus we had an awesome experience on the river boat ride to the ruins. I really did want to stop and go fishing! There were guys catching beautiful freshwater fish out of canoes with a fishing line literally tied around their finger... Wow!

David's knowledge and excitement at Lamanai made the trip very special. He knew more about these ruins than probably any other guide in the area. Plus, he had a blast hiking the trails with us while showing us trees, plants and indigenous animals. After a great tour, he had a slam dunk lunch prepared for us. Rice and beans with stewed chicken and some really spicy salsa (which I added generously to my meal as any good Cajun would - Aiieee!)

Thanks David! You made this trip a real blessing! We've been telling everyone about it since we've gotten back. Hopefully we get to meet up again with a group of friends so they can experience Lamanai with you as well. Remember, Trust in Him, there's no other way! Proverbs 3:5-6

Visited January 2011