“Dive trip, April 2014” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Murphy, Texas
“Dive trip, April 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Turneffe Island Resort in April of 2014 so we could do some diving. We absolutely loved it. It's a vacation destination I highly recommend.

From the minute we stepped foot on the island Eddie, Tom, and Hadas (and so many others) were instant friends and made us feel right at home. Cheryl, the bartender, was always quick with a smile and a pleasure to talk to.

The food was amazing. I wish I could name all the wonderful staff in the kitchen so I could give them due recognition and personally thank them. The food and service were both the best. We enjoyed the family style meals, which made for fun conversations with the other guests as well as the staff. We also enjoyed meeting all the other guests, many of whom were repeat visitors to the resort.

The diving around the island was fantastic. Marcela, our divemaster, and Joel (JV), our boat captain, were a lot of fun and really did a great job of making our vacation fun. They took care of everything diving related.

Our room was very comfortable and we had a beautiful ocean view to greet us each morning. Couldn't ask for anything more than that!

All in all, this was a great place to stay. My wife and I will certainly be back for another vacation. Good work, TIR!

Room Tip: We were in a cabin. It was very comfortable and faced the ocean. Loved it. I don't think ther...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Paoli, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

A beautiful and romantic private island resort with outstanding staff. From our private flyfishing guide, to the entire kitchen/wait staff, bartenders, office manager--all were attentive, welcoming and more than happy to make our week's stay the perfect getaway. A real gem!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I cannot say enough about our amazing spring break in TIR - from the moment Valdemar met us at the airport I knew we had made a great choice. The boat ride out to the Island gave everyone a great opportunity to get acquainted and our arrival and dispersal to our rooms was quick and easy. The rooms are sooo beautiful! Two showers - one inside and one outside with a back door entrance - really charming. The managers were welcoming and lovely hosts. All of the staff could not have been more accommodating...Coffee service arrives at your door every morning about an hour before the breakfast bell, and there are little snacky goodies provided all day! The meals were interesting and tasty - hot food hot and cold food cold. if there was a food you didn't like, you never saw it again! If you wanted something different, it was provided. Desserts to die for - thank heavens we were all exercising (sort of) every day. The snorkeling here was the best we have seen in Belize - such a garden of coral and fishes, and I have to say a huge THANK YOU to Carlos, our snorkeling guide, for taking such loving care of my family and especially my mother. I did manage to make time for a massage (ahhhh) - and I wish I'd done some more spa stuff. One of the sweetest touches were the poems I found in tucked in our bed each night. We LOVED our time at TIR and truly hope we get to come back. Hugs to everyone there for such a great time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Well, I can echo the other positive reviews here; an amazing location, fabulous rooms, food, and staff. The diving was sublime, I've never seen so much marine life in one place. The turtles, rays, eels, dolphin, sharks, wow, so much.

can't say enough great things about this place.

However, we did take a day in Belize City to see the ruins and the cave tubing. I would not do that again. Between the 4 cruise ships invading the place, and the aggressive hawkers/beggars on the street, we did not feel comfortable. Enjoy the fantasy island of Turneffe, then go stratight to the airport.

Finally, thanks again to the owners/staff of Turneffe Island resort. the dive equip was top notch, and the Divemasters Daniel and Marcela took great care of us...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Thank you all at Turneffe for a fantastic time. The island is beautifully and meticulously maintained. Lots of memorable touches show how much care is put into its operations: outdoor showers, cookies and tea all day, hot chocolate delivered to our children's room every morning... The entire crew was outstanding, and, while they don't host many young children, we haven't met a more caring and accommodating staff. Perfect if you have adventurous little snorkelers and you love to dive.

Room Tip: We loved our upstairs rooms. Lots of breeze!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We just came back from a week on beautiful Turneffe Island Resort - we want to take the opportunity to thank the resort and its staff for an amazing week.

As quite some things have been written before already (beautiful island, high standard of accommodation, great quality and variety of food, extremely friendly, flexible and competent staff - we can confirm all of this) we would like to point out two personal "highlights":

Belizes underwater world is world class. Beautiful, intact reefs. Rich maritime life from very small to scary big. Our highlight was a 15 minute "dance" with a family of dolphins. Very competent dive masters. Material is in an very good condition.

"Family Style Meals" - you'll have your meals sitting at big tables with other guests of the resorts. This was certainly a new experience but it turned out to be a unique opportunity to get to know the other guests, share the highlights of the day etc. and added a special, personal touch compared to other island resorts we have visited in past.

All in all a superb vacation destination. We will recommend Turneffe Island Resort further

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went third week in February . The weather was great, got a little windy a couple of days. The fishing was not very good on some days. The guides Eddie and Joe were great, they were very friendly and helpful. My husband went fishing and I stayed behind, was going to snorkel, but the day I wanted to go was to windy and it was canceled. They had a nice pool to lay out by and swim. I was there most days by myself. The guys came in for lunch every day and then went back for a few more hours till dinner. The food was very good. You got to see what was being cooked for the evening meal and if there was something that I did not like I just told them and they fixed it my way. Meals were served promptly at 7:30-12:30-7:30.
They rang a dinner bell also. Our week was not very busy, maybe 24 people until Wednesday and then there were only 9 of us. The managers Hadash and Tom were very nice and friendly and ate dinner with us every evening. It was a nice touch. Dinner was not family style as others had said. I guess they were trying something new, I liked it myself, I like plated dinners. You got dessert served with every meal. They had snacks during the day and iced tea and lemonade out all day. The only thing that I did not like was for being a all inclusive liquor and soda pop was not included. I knew this before have so I brought a Mio to put in my water to make juice. I don't drink pop. We go to Mexico a lot and everything is included all drinks and sodas in their all inclusive.. For the price of this resort it should be included. This may be the reason why the resort is not filling up, price goes up and not rewards. I will say WI Fi was included as it was extra before. So they are working on doing a little more. I don't think I would go back, as I would like to try other places around the world. It was very nice don't get me wrong, just not worth the money.
WE stayed in a Villa room and it was very nice, King bed with a couch and chair. Shower inside and outside, hubby used outside I used inside. Maids came twice a day and you had coffee brought to the room at 6 am.
The staff was very nice and all spoke English very well.
WE did not do blue hole as it was all day, would have like to go for a few hours and then back.
The grounds were kept up very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Turneffe Island Resort? Share your experiences!