Our week at Off the Wall was one of our most memorable vacations. We will come back.
We enjoy playing and relaxing in the outdoors, and we were looking for an island experience vacation with spectacular diving, snorkeling, kayaking and plenty of quiet moments outdoors to relax and recharge. Off the Wall delivered all of this and more.
From the moment we stepped off the boat, it was obvious to us that the owners, Jim and Kendra, and all of the staff care deeply about their resort and guest experiences. Everyone was attentive to our needs and desirous to make our vacation a wonderful experience. Every staff interaction we had was meaningful and on an authentic level and by the end of the week they felt like family to us.
The cabanas are cute, clean and well maintained. We stayed in the duplex, and appreciated its location at the end of the resort. Our cottage was pleasantly and simply decorated with island flair and hanging lanterns made from coconut shells handmade by Kendra. Kendra’s creative talents bring a warm island touch throughout the entire resort.
The toilets and showers, kitchen, and all the common areas were clean and well maintained. As night approaches, candles and tiki torches along the paths, and candles and kerosene lanterns in the cottages, created a relaxing end to our active days. Hammocks, swinging beds, and chairs throughout the resort beckoned us to stop and admire the beauty, and provided prime real estate for star gazing at night!
Of course the diving and snorkeling were fabulous, and we were thrilled with the great snorkeling just off the dock and shoreline. We wholeheartedly agree with what so many other reviewers have said about the diving, coral and abundant fish. We are experienced and comfortable, but not frequent scuba divers. Divers of varied skill level and experience dove with us, and the staff showed appropriate and responsible care and concern for all guest safety.
One of our highlights was getting to know the other guests and the staff. We had communal meals and there was more than enough food to keep active people well nourished. During our week, we ate local and regional dishes (fresh fish, fresh tortillas, rice, beans, chicken) and also had some familiar stateside (American) food prepared by a wonderful cook. For the first meal of the day, there was always fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola alongside a hearty breakfast.
We are so happy that we spent a week on this peaceful and relaxing tropical island. We met wonderful people and made new friends with our guests.
Lisa and Arnold
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Off The Wall Dive Center is situated on a private island in the turquoise waters of Glover's Atoll. We are a small Eco-friendly, PADI 5 star Resort and offer Scuba Courses, Whale Shark trips and the best diving, snorkeling and fly-fishing in Belize, as well as kayaking and stand up paddling. Or, just come to relax and enjoy our white, sandy beaches and idealistic setting for getting away from it all. Our packages include Saturday boat transportation to and from our island, 7 nights accommodations in charming, ocean front cabanas, and all your meals. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Off The Wall Dive Center And Resort
- Off The Wall Dive Hotel Glovers Reef Atoll
- Off The Wall Dive Center & Resort Belize/Glovers Reef Atoll