Words and pictures fail to capture the essence of this place. The owners and staff were so friendly, approachable, and seemed genuinely interested in interacting in an authentic and lighthearted way. That set the tone for what was already a remarkable paradise island setting. Eye candy abound; the tiny island could be considered 'rustic' by some, but the attention to beautiful details and charm proved to exceed any expectations for typical 'rustic' settings. From mosaic tiled stairs and mirrors to conch lined walkways, tiki torches, white candles, and coconut shell lights, Kendra and Jim have thought of everything to maintain a clean, relaxing, intimate,and magical vibe. In our cabin, yoga mats and books were available along with our own hammock and many chairs and loungers, not to mention floating beds and other seating all over the tiny island. The weather was great and we never were too hot traveling in February. No annoying bugs. My husband and I were there to snorkel but by mid-week decided to try the Discovery Scuba which was amazing! We have been to many places to snorkel but never took the next step. Kendra was so encouraging and the highly qualified instructor, Dorith, made it so easy and accessible with a tiny group. I loved the entire experience, including superb coral and fish life. The food was another highlight and Eileen stole my heart with her cooking. I was never left hungry and devoured the buffet style meals with fresh granola, fresh fish, homemade bread and tortillas, along with incredible desserts, coconut rice, and fresh juices. I was the only vegetarian but she always accomodated me and I tried and loved most of the fish due to the freshness and her cooking. Besides enjoying snorkeling, diving, the wildlife and pace of the island (hermit crabs, blue crabs, iguanas, lizards, birds, one very large black bunny rabbit), we played volleyball (thanks Mario and Juan), kayaked (you can kayak to other snorkeling spots, the sand bar, or another caye), paddleboarded, and spent time with the other wonderful guests and staff. We even saw bioluminescence and string of pearls off of the dock at night!
We stayed in the white house cottage and absolutely loved it, although all of the cabins seemed great. Candles and lanterns are provided for ambiance along with the lamps and light. The shared showers and bathrooms were enjoyable and easy to get used to and it felt great supporting an eco-friendly environment. If you decide to go, please feel free to bring me along because I cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Off The Wall Dive Center is situated on a private island in the turquoise waters of Glover's Atoll. We are a small Eco-friendly, PADI 5 star Resort and offer Scuba Courses, Whale Shark trips and the best diving, snorkeling and fly-fishing in Belize, as well as kayaking and stand up paddling. Or, just come to relax and enjoy our white, sandy beaches and idealistic setting for getting away from it all. Our packages include Saturday boat transportation to and from our island, 7 nights accommodations in charming, ocean front cabanas, and all your meals. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Off The Wall Dive Center And Resort
- Off The Wall Dive Hotel Glovers Reef Atoll
- Off The Wall Dive Center & Resort Belize/Glovers Reef Atoll