“Excellent experience times two!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Michigan
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent experience times two!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Honestly, we've heard excellent reviews from travelers who've snorkeled with all of the tour operators on Caye Caulker. But my husband and son had snorkeled with Carlos a number of years ago and had a wonderful experience, so we decided to snorkel with him again. I'm a bit claustrophobic, not a strong swimmer, and had not snorkeled before. My hubby took me out at the end of the dock with snorkel gear the night before, and it was a totally panicky experience for me. So I am not exaggerating when I say that Carlos is incredible- he had me get in the water last, and pretty much talked me right out of my panic. He had me snorkeling in less than 5 minutes. My husband told me later that Carlos told him warned him to take it easy with me too:-) Our group was larger than I'd hoped (11 people), but Carlos's helper Romeo made sure that we all had a good experience. We made 4 stops, including Hol Chan, Shark Ray Alley, & the coral "gardens". We saw many varieties of fish and other ocean life, had a chance to "pet" a nurse shark, and the views were just incredible (I'm hooked on snorkeling, thank you Carlos!). The trip is longer than most (10:30-4:30) and includes a stop in San Pedro for lunch (your own cost). Carlos is an accomplished underwater photographer and offers a CD of your group's photos for $30 BZ ($15 US) at the end of the tour. Such great memories...we will be back.

Visited March 2013

United States
84 attraction reviews
“Don't snorkel with anyone else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

What I loved best about this trip that was missing from a lot of our other excursions was the fact that Carlos -- in the very beginning -- encouraged us to be friendly with others on the trip/break the ice. I chatted with the most people on this excursion.

You can tell Carlos has been doing this awhile... I would call him The Fish Whisperer. They all flock to him & he gets some great photos the typical tourist couldn't get because he is so experienced at free diving.

The sign-up process is a little different: he has no phone # that I could find. Write your name with a dry erse marker on the front of the shop's door, the day before your excursion.

Visited February 2013
Tampa Bay, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Great day of snorkeling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went in search of Carlos after reading Tripadvisor reviews and discovered that there are 2 Carlos' who do snorkel trips from Caye Cauker. My daughter and I found the other one by accident first, but kept looking for Carlos' Tours. His boat was full so we went with his associate, Romeo who was fabulous! There were 6 of us on Romeo's boat, 8 on Carlos' and we did all the stops together. We loved Romeo! He got into the water to guide us over the reef and pointed out sea life we would not have spotted on our own and surfaced to tell us the names of everything we saw. Drinking water was readily available on board and we were served fresh fruit on board after the last stop. The CD of photos that is available for purchase back at the shop is more than worth the $15 price.

Visited February 2013
“Amazing Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Best. Trip ever for the price. We went a while ago and cant wait to return in a year or two. Carlos is very personable and fun to hang out with. Good time. Arrrrrrrrgg!!!!! Carlos!!!!!!

Dublin
5 attraction reviews
“Carlos is your Man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Want to see Sharks, Ray, Turtles, hundreds of species of reef fish and a visit to San Pedro for lunch ? If you do, I would highly recommend the 3-Stop Tour with Carlos. Located next to Amor Y Cafe, the tour with Carlos is excellent and you have the opportunity to buy a cd-rom of underwater photos of your trip.

Visited January 2013