“This family business really cares about your experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 29 Activities in Caye Caulker
Type: Water sports, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Passionate about diving, dedicated to sharing what we love. That's why we dive 7 days a week, all year, and that's how we've built our business on reputation. With more than 70 years combined experience, our captains, instructors and divemasters create a safe environment in which you can explore our Caribbean wilderness.And our signature is small groups . . . We are PADI Certified and also a DAN World Business Member.Dive sites are Hol Chan, Blue Hole, Turneffe North, Spanish Bay, Turneffe Elbow, Coral Canyons.We also do Overnight Camping trips. 6 dives - all inclusive
Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
“This family business really cares about your experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The staff know what they're doing and the equipment was solid. They also have the fastest boat on the water so you waste less time traveling and get to the dive sites first. My wife loved the dives but the Blue Hole is not as exciting as everyone makes it out to be. The best part was seeing reefs and aquatic wildlife. I didn't get to dive after having a problem equalizing on my first dive, but the staff took good care of me even though I was missing out on the last dive.

Visited January 2014

Long Beach, California
33 attraction reviews
“Worth everything you pay for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Snorkeling in the Blue Hole was the highlight of Caye Caulker with Frenchie's Diving. The staff were very friendly and informative that made it more fun. Don't visit the island without experiencing the Blue Hole!

Visited September 2013
Williams, California
“Snorkeling the Blue Hole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were a party of 5 visiting Frenchies for water adventures. Two of us were open water divers, two did discovery dives for the first time and one was a die in the wool snorkeler. Frenchies made our experience wonderful for all members of our party. Edwell handled the discovery dive and then joined in our run out to the Blue Hole the next day. We had the time of our lives and I would do it all again!! The Blue Hole trip took all day with three tops to jump in. After the Blue Hole dive we moved to the second spot where the lunch was delicious served on Half Moon Caye after we snorkeled in to shore from the boat. The divers were dropped in a further distance out and rode the boat in to the mooring after their dive. The best drop of all was at Lion's Den. The water was crystal clear and the fish life was most abundant. The staff of Frenchies took great care of us, knew the marine life and were fun to be with. Go with Frenchies!!! It is an adventure to remember!

Visited December 2013
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
“Great adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went out to the Blue Hole with Frenchies Dive Shop. It was quite an adventure! We experienced some stormy weather and the captain and crew managed it perfectly. The captain was skilled at maneuvering the “perfect storm” waves and the crew did a great job at making sure all of the guests were comfortable and safe. Before each dive we were properly briefed and equipment was checked to make sure we all had a safe and fun dive. My husband had a hard time equalizing at first and Frenchie himself stayed with him until they felt safe to keep going. The food was amazing. The lunch was delicious and home made by Frenchies family. We had a great time and will definitely go back with them if we ever return to Caye Caulker. Thanks for a great adventure!

Visited November 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Best You Can Get In Caye Caulker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I did my Advanced and Rescue Course in Utila, Honduras. The Dive Schhol there warned me that some places in Belize had a flexible approach to safety and recommended Frenchies. Upon arrival in Caye Caulker, in a tropical storm, I found myself in the worst hostel I have ever stayed in in my life! And had to pay for 2 nights in advance! The next morning I paddled through the street to Frenchies. They not only booked my dives but arranged accommodation for the day after next at a lovely hotel (OK, it is run by Frenchies Austrian wife, Ocean Pearl, lovely place).
The day of the Blue Hole, my watch was still set 1 hour later due to travelling, Frenchies came and woke me up and got me to the boat. Thanks guys, if you want a National Geographic Magazine dive, that was it. The other 2 dives that day, lunch on Half Moon Island and the rum were just iceing on the cake.
The next day I did another 2 dives with Frenchies, all cool.
The boat is probably the best I have seen in Central America, the equipment is near the top, the atmosphere excellent.
The Dive Masters are professional and over critical, that is not a negative for me but a positive. If you break the rules, put others in danger, take a 40m dive as a joke, you deserve to be told off or banned from future dives. I saw them do this to, believe it or not, a Dive Instructor! Good on you Frenchies! I feel safe with you.
So, if you want to dive in Caye Caulker, I really recommend this place. Am sure there are other places there which may be good but I only had 4 days there and they were great.
And, we had a good laugh as well and a few beers too!
I'll be back once I pass my Dive Master Course! Beware.
Simon