“Super romantic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Cabanas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Cabanas
You added Seaside Cabanas to your Saves list
Caye Caulker Village | PO Box 39, Caye Caulker, Belize   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Caye Caulker
los angeles
“Super romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I came to Caye Caulker ten years ago when I was a poor backpacker. This is the kind of place I would have looked at longingly as I made my way to the cheapest hostel I could find. I'm still not willing to pay super high resort prices but I definitely love a more upscale experience- but in a more "authentic" locale. We stayed in three different rooms here: Room 16, which was a single room, upstairs, with a double bed and an ocean view. Cabana 2, which had a private rooftop hottub and hammock - queen bed. And finally - the big winner - Suite 18. All three were beautiful, simple, and clean but Suite 18 was gorgeous. We had two private small decks, one with an outdoor bed and private hottub. It had good ocean views and the kingsize bed was perfect. All of the units overlook the pool and beach. The vibe is cool, the staff is GREAT, and the bar is a nice place to hang out before heading out for dinner. It rained a lot while we were here (July) but it was still nice to hang out with my cute boyfriend and enjoy the time together in a beautiful place. I looked at every hotel online before we booked and then checked them out once we got here to the island and I'm convinced I picked the absolute perfect place for us. Probably better for couples than young singles. TIPS: If you don't book a room with a private hot tub, you'll look jealously.at the other people enjoying theirs. The breakfast provided is simple: coffee, fruit, buns - but good and fresh. The rooms have their own fridges, and there is good wifi through-out the property. (The hotel is mostly couples - but there was a giant family one of the days we were here and the gaggle of young children dominated the small pool and made a lot of noise. I don't think that is normal though because it only happened on one day.)

Room Tip: SUITE 18 is totally worth it. Private hottub, two floors, two private ocean view decks. Cabana 1 is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
San Ignacio, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was our third trip to the island and first time at Seaside. By far this is the best location on the island. Very nice amenities, outstanding staff and great bar service. Front desk can get you anything you need without the wheeling and dealing usual at resorts. They took care of our water taxi fees, Tropic Air reservations and scheduling excursions, that's not all. Get this they, put it on your bill and you pay when you check out. Kinda like Disney World without the lines and a million kids. Pool is great and we tried their new paddle boards. Kids did not quite like it and the staff immediately brought out kayaks, off we went. See Jobalus at the bar for a good pour.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Although I was only here for a very short stay, I was definitely happy that I chose this hotel. After walking around the island, I thought this hotel had the best location and seemed like the best option on the island. I stayed in room #6 which was upstairs overlooking the pool and out to the dock. It was so peaceful, I could hear the sound of the breeze and the sounds of the ropes hitting the docks as the boats swayed in the water. I was actually shocked when I left the hotel to see how close the town was, as I couldn't hear anything from the hotel. The rooms are simple and nice. I save the 5 star rating for only my favorite hotels, which this didn't quite hit the list, but I was very pleased with staying here.

Room Tip: I loved #6, the cabanas with hot tubs on top looked nice too...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We absolutely LOVED Caye Caulker, and this hotel was perfect to take advantage of all the island had to offer.

Our favorite parts:
* rooftop hot tub overlooking the ocean...can't beat that.
* location - super convenient to everyone you want to and beautiful views
* free breakfast - it was REALLY good
* free wifi - we could still facetime home, check email, etc. if we needed to (rare, but appreciated)
* posh pool area
* well maintained and clean rooms
* friendly service

We hung out with some of the guests as the pool in the middle of the hotel definitely facilitates meeting other travelers and making friends, which was a nice perk. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick the cabanas closest to the ocean, although second closest to the ocean is totally fine (what we...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Seaside Cabanas is one of the higher end offerings of Caye Caulker, although still a relaxed mid-range type hotel. Overall, it got close to meeting our expectations, but it has some limitations. Perhaps this just reflects Caulker; prices escalate due to foreign tourists, but the vibe is still a backpacker island with some rough edges. The best thing about Seaside is the friendly housekeeping, reception and other staff. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and responsive. The location is also great, and overall it is nicely polished and maintained property. The pool is the ace feature, as the swimming options on Caulker are limited due to seaweed, boat traffic and the fairly average entry and current at the split. The pool and surrounding area is well kept and relaxing, although it can be quite crowded and, during our stay, became an all-day catch up venue for US visitors. There is little privacy.
We stayed in an upstairs room overlooking the pool and the ocean. The room and bathroom was fine, and the AC is pretty luxurious in the humid summer months. The view and breeze is great, although the balcony area is narrow and not ideal, as other guests cannot walk by while you are sitting there. The terraces on the ground level rooms looked more usable, although less private. (The Cabanas with private roof terraces looked much nicer.)
The electricity went off three times during our three night stay, which also shut off the water entirely. When we asked, we were told this was maintenance on the island that affected a number of properties, and was anticipated. However no-one told us what was going on in advance.
Consistently with how the hotel describes it, the breakfast offering is, at best, simply a gesture. A few sweet buns, some melon and coffee sitting on the bar...available until other guests eat it up.
I am not sure there are better options on the island, however that doesnt convince me Seaside Cabanas is a great choice. It probably depends how highly you rate the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

For those expecting a luxury resort, Caye Caulker is not the island to stay at. But for Caye Caulker, this place is stellar. It's really cheap for a view of the sea. Plus, there is a small pool that is quite casual, low key, and very friendly. It's a great place to meet people of all ages. And wi-fi works well. I would come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 great nights here. The hotel is nice and small and it's on the seafront. it is beside the water taxi to San pedro or Belize city and there are a few nice restaurant near by. Jacuzzi on the roof top was great to have a drink and watch life going by.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Seaside Cabanas? Share your experiences!